Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Wee Bairns posted:

Reminds me of the old "OJ" modes in MultiTheftAuto, where everyone was confined to various police vehicles except "OJ" in a Bronco/Rancher. I wonder if it would be possible to recreate properly in GTA:O...
Hello, my ears were ringing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I love when people post about getting shark cards like its a totally normal thing. It's not. You are part of a problem and you loving suck.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Shark cards are cool and good because they bring out judgmental weirds. Game is both grindy and fun, I would have probably bought one if I wasn't gifted money.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Zigmidge posted:

I woke up to a filled honeypot, praise Mendoza!

I'm going to hug the mumble crew because you guys coming out of the woodwork to support shark cards still don't get it.

Nothing we do for fun requires more than a level 0 character with like, what is it to join a game? 500$?

But you do you.
You don't have to feel threatened, just don't be butts to people that like to spend money to support a game you play.

I don't want to know how much money I wasted upgrading a 20 car garage one upgrade at a time as they all became available. Plan your money spending wisely! :argh:

Or just buy shark cards.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

hellfaucet posted:

I have a secret: I have purchased a shark card before. :toot:
Thank you for the free updates. :patriot:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Buschmaki posted:

The updates aren't good!
The tampa is a badass car decked out in steelies and black paint and is good.

Also Hunting Pack is the best game mode, its a shame no one plays it anymore.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Hmm it looks like Grand Theft Auto has released a digital item. They made it super expensive and the only way I can get this item is to actually play the game for a really long time! Well I don't want to play the game, I just want to have a completed digital collection of pointless poo poo that I will never actually use, just look at. I know, I think I will reward Rockstar with $100 to get digital content for a game I don't even like to play! Once I get these digital goods, my enjoyment of the game can finally start! I have made a wise investment.
People spending money on something that I, literally the smartest, would never spend money on? Better shitpost.

Come on man, you're just being dumb and rude at this point because people are spending money on something that doesn't interest you at all and doesn't affect you. You're not any more of a gta fan #1 because you spent a lot of hours earning money instead of buying it instantly.

Look at ya'll grindin poo poo out in GTA

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
No one said that until Zigmidge did, though.

Someone says: Hey I get it, here is why people might buy shark cards
You and others: LOL enjoy your digital 1s and 0s on a game you don't even like
*dumb argument follows*

No one ever said you should buy a shark card to have more fun with goons, and its a real dick move to poo poo on people for spending money on a game they enjoy.

I fire up the game just to drive around sometimes. I like to play car dress up and totally kit my cars out. I'm level 155 or so and I have less than 1.5 million in the bank because I buy/mod/sell different cars so often. Thats not even enough money to buy the most expensive super cars. Why wouldn't you want me to have the ability to spend some real cash so that I can play digital hot wheels easier?

edit: I didnt buy a shark card, and don't plan to. Would never try to make someone feel lovely for buying one though. :shrug:

Cage fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 6, 2016

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I would understand the hate if people could buy-pass the minigun rank lock or buy a kuruma without doing the heist or something.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
That makes a lot more sense than "if you spend money on this game you don't like playing it", thanks. :)

Other games get slammed for being pay to win. Spending money on better items that you can't get by playing the game.

Cage fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 6, 2016

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

The idea behind this is, the gameplay is more or less identical whether you buy shark cards or not. The same missions you do to grind money are the same missions you play once you're digital rich. Therefore I have to conclude that you only spent money because it seemed like a more reasonable choice than just playing the game. Why would someone spend money on a game they didn't like to play? I have to assume its because they thought the game would finally reach that ideal level of fun that they are striving for, if only they bought a shark card.
Thats not true at all. I enjoy regular races, gimmick races, hunting pack, survival, and the missions but they don't pay a whole lot, nothing like heists. I gave you an example already with the cars I buy.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Wee Bairns posted:

More random poo poo I've captured for posterity...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v1meT2m5vg
shut up. tell us how you feel about shark cards.

nice video.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Dang featured in a gif and a video on my first night. Was fun playing with you guys.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Gamestop is $40 - http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/grand-theft-auto-v/115461

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I bought a shark card the other day because of the sale. $19.99 for 1.25 million plus an additional 1.25 million in a few days.

My first purchase was a banshee 900r, a good car.

Shark cards.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Zigmidge posted:

Please, don't do this to this thread again you loving nerds.

Zigmidge posted:

playing the same tired song

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Mugging people is surprisingly good fun, especially if you pick someone at random.

Someone did it to me when I ran out of armor and I barely survived.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I wish there was some sort of decent bonus for keeping a 5-6 star wanted level for a long time. I backed myself into an underground garage with one entrance, and had a good time just staying back and letting the cops come to me. A makeshift survival mode, I guess.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I look forward to some hacker spawning 100 of those to crash my game. :thumbsup:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

davebo posted:

It shouldn't. GTA 4 supported spawning plenty of tugboats while online. Granted, they were usually all on land:

Plenty meaning maybe 5? That was the easiest and fastest way to clear a server.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Hobo Clown posted:

Is this sort of thing possible solo or with pubbies? I seem to never be on at the same time as most goons. It's why I never bothered grinding heists.
Cant do them solo, the first heist requires 2 people and the rest require 4. Winning with pubbies is certainly possible, but I would avoid playing with low ranking people.

edit: oh were you talking about vip? oops.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Sounds like you don't like to play this game.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
They really nailed down NYC, too. I've never been there myself so I dont know the layout really, but if you watch any movie set in the city it really seems like a miniature condensed version.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I would love to do criminal mastermind, but I don't trust myself 100% not to die at the bank heist on-foot getaway. I've done it dozens of times but I would be embarrassed as hell if I ruined things for 3 other people because putting on armor is so cumbersome.

I wish the first person heist bonus wasn't so piddly, 100k is nothing. It sounds really fun to do though so thats why its not worth anything.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

CascadeBeta posted:

I fully expect to die in really dumb ways along the way so don't let that stop you.
But you can't fail/restart any mission, right? Like if one person dies on any heist you have to start over at the flecca job?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
nm

Cage fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 11, 2016

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Can someone tell me the bare minimum I have to spend to get a gun safe? I don't want to do any CEO missions myself, can I just get the office + gun safe with no warehouse? What will that run me?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Agoat posted:

Anyone here like doing stunts?
I was all about doing video worthy stuff back in GTA IV, but for some reason I've hardly messed around with it in V.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZpVJTbadqY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6zldJaCcBs

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
People that dm me when Im helping with CEO missions are the worst. Count me in for hunting pack though.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Zigmidge posted:

lmao everyone that hates driving/racing in GTA is going to loving loaaaaaaaaaaaathe this car :h: :h: :h:
I love driving but find supercar races boring. Why will everyone hate it if the T20 is still better?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Zigmidge posted:

This makes no sense.
I thought someone said the T20 was still better?

Fast races = people more spread out usually. Races are fun when you're bumping and grinding for placement.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I wish I had a video of me 2fast2furious'ing onto a tugboat for someones CEO mission. It landed in the back, and made the physics all weird I thought it was going to flip. Made it though.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Sorry if you covered it before Zig, but what do you use for recording/getting such smooth gifs? Acrimoniousbird found something pretty funny and I'd like to get it captured. Will you be around later?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

GHOST_BUTT posted:

So between the summer sale and the bundle discount, assuming you already own GTA5, you can pick up a Megalodon card on Steam for $40.

Shark cards are way dumb but that doesn't seem like a terrible deal?
Was just looking, but it says that I cant buy the bundle because I already own the game.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I think I can speak for literally everyone when I say we've all moved back to GTA:IV and MTA:SA.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I fixed my fps problem so ya'll going down imo.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I hate when my password doesn't save on the social club website because no I dont know how many As there are.

And if anyone else needs a boost: You can totally turn off shadows, you just have to get into the settings.ini file in your GTAV my documents folder.

Looks terrible, runs like butter!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Zigmidge posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQjhKw4QMwk

I hope y'all enjoy the recaps, I have fun putting these posts together.
I always get bored of the deathmatch/executive games you play and leave before hunting pack. Start with hunting pack next time!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
When we were playing sumo and executive we had 6-8 people. Just sayin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Zigmidge posted:

My thread cycle sense is tingling
Is this another "I dont like whats being talked about in this thread" post? Let it go, man!

• Locked thread