Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I don't understand racing in this, I have a car with max speed stat but going full speed people just cruize by me like I'm on a moped then I get stuck in the back where everyone jus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

So I'm rank 30ish now and I just learned that "hours" were a thing was I can't get a clear idea was I supposed to have those during character creation? I looked into this and despite winning like 20 races and the such my driving skill is like 10% into the first bar still while everything else is maxed so I am thinking that might be why.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

Hey folks, I know I didn't get any replies on how to fix the "Dependency MFREADWRITE.DLL is missing" on Vista, but I found the proper file in case it comes up again in the thread. Figured I'd throw the solution out there anyway.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14539

Basically the same exact thing for 7/8, just for Vista, that oddly Rockstar didn't bother linking in the solutions. Either way, runs like a charm now, so figured I'd at least put the answer out there given I've seen the question a bunch, but never a solution. Rockstar hasn't answered any tickets on it.

So you have a computer that is capable of running this but is also running Vista?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Does stealth work against other players, I have it maxed but it still seems I am on everyone's radar.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Honestly passives should be in their own sessions ruins the open world funtimes when half the dudes are intangible ghosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

No, that's stupid.

Correct one way bullet proof glass is an awesome invention and should be used more often.

• Locked thread