Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
https://vimeo.com/221857730
https://vimeo.com/221857717
https://vimeo.com/221857756

Good dlc. Kitted out Tampa is awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
Experimenting with thermal sniping pubbies from merryweather choppers until goon

BEWARE OF JET BLAST AND ROTORS

Later y'all

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Domestic Amuse posted:

The thermal sight does a really great job at lighting up NPCs in their cars, but it's spectacularly poo poo at detecting other players unless you're fairly close in range. It's a shame we can't switch sights on the fly or have a combo nightvision/thermal sight.

In my testing the thermal scope renders *further* than the normal. I was getting floating orange "orbs" and registered hits on people I couldn't see without thermal.

Also, it's toggleable. Press E.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Zigmidge posted:

This is kind of amazing and game changing and fixes a huge unsolved problem if true. This works every time?

I rubberbanded my gamepad to drive it in a circle for hours at LSIA in passive mode.

Worked for me :iiam:

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
Today I changed my MC 'Favorite Bike' to the Oppressor, by leaving my toon driving it in circles at LSIA while in passive while I was at work. This is after having previously changed it to the Shotaro using the same method. So, confirmed, gently caress you to those who doubted, etc etc.

EDIT: I'll give my AHK script to anyone who wants it, it also does the solo public lobby thing at a press

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
You guys assume it's total seat time and not some algorithm, which would be retarded (not that R* isn't retarded).

I don't know that it isn't, but since it's like 0 effort invested yadda yadda

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
Well this sucks. Bomb bays have stopped working in any of my custom vehicles. They work on missions, but in my personal bombers (Cuban & Rogue) the button just toggles the lights on/off.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Domestic Amuse posted:

No clue if you use keyboard or controller, but with the XBox 360 controller, you have to hold the right D-pad button while the plane's flying level. Tapping the button only releases the flares/smoke.

Yeah. I think it might be the Rogue and the Cuban specifically that are bugged. The Starling works fine. Speaking of which....

https://vimeo.com/233782731

...it's really the Oppressor.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Powershift posted:

dekotora
more dekotora

YES. I need this - for parking on top of people while spamming Classical Horn #6

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Powershift posted:

$25,000 a cruise missile

It takes 3 of them to kill an insurgent

They can be easily shot down in flight by a hydra

Don't care I'll be shooting them at the level 7's buying their first motocross helmets at Vespucci Beach

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

prefect posted:

I like Classical Horn #8, but I'm realizing the only time I hear it is when someone kills me and my head lands on the steering wheel. :saddowns:

Isn't that the Ode to Joy one? Yeah, kinda ironic for bleeding out from a headshot

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Powershift posted:

The Batmobile is insanely heavy, like if you hit a garbage truck head on it sends the garbage truck backwards. It's probably heavier than everything but the MOC rig.

It also has a high center of gravity, so it takes some turns on 2 wheels.

Furthermore,

In conclusion, everyone should buy one.

Also, it has undodgeable missiles. They'll turn a 360 with a 5-foot radius and come back to nail an oppressor.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Powershift posted:

The only thing keeping oppressors and armored vehicles even remotely balanced is that you can blow them up at will.

I can't imagine how much the game would suck if you had to pay $20k to destroy an oppressor that can be called in within a few seconds of being blown up repeatedly.

On non-PC platforms, you do have to pay

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Powershift posted:

My effort strategy for oppressors is to get in the MOC

MOC is the best combat vehicle in the game bar none. Kill em' once and you're gonna go 10 and 0 unless they passive.

So last night Tesla unveiled their new Roadster. I couldn't help thinking the Cyclone release date and styling were related. Think Musk gave Rockstar forewarning?

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Zigmidge posted:

Yeah, Musk reached out to the Housers to personally hand deliver a gold leaf-pressed greeting card powered by one of his batteries that sings happy birthday new roadster with a paper pop-out design schematic of the single best kept secret in the world.

You're no fun. Remember the Naboo fighter in Rogue Squadron?

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
So, yacht teleport is amazing. I abused it today to drop in on bounties, people running missions, etc. You can pretty much pop out on top of people already pulling the pin on a hand grenade. Then Lester teleport home, havok to yacht and repeat. I would happily pay yacht prices for this power.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
If i'm not able to launch airstrikes from the comfort of my personal submarine I will be angry and sad :crossarms:

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

I like this thing.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Phweengee posted:

Is there a way to remap the key bind for shooting with the Deluxo? I'm on pc. When flying around, both hands are on the keyboard, and so far it looks like the only shoot button is right mouse, which is a pain. I've looked in the key bindings, and experimented with a couple of options, but none seem to affect how this one shoots.

Why do you have both hands on the keyboard? WASD + Ctrl & Shift are all you need to steer it. Your other hand is for mouse aiming the Mk II Revolver with JHP's out the window at people.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Hugh Malone posted:

So many money cheats rn, across platforms

Mostly involving having a facility or bunker/moc and a friend w/ a custom retro elegy tho

beware the dupe detectors

I'm down to only 15 Elegy Retro bonds. I've bought everything and don't know what to do

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Hugh Malone posted:

So many money cheats rn, across platforms

Mostly involving having a facility or bunker/moc and a friend w/ a custom retro elegy tho

beware the dupe detectors

I'm down to only 15 Elegy Retro bonds. I've bought everything and don't know what to do

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Just got my deluxo, this thing is wicked sick. I want to prioritize getting some more useful weaponized vehicles. I know I wanna get the Oppressor, Akula, and Stromberg next. Also and Avenger, that fucker looks rad. Anything else that's really useful that I'm forgetting?

Pyro is the top shelf dogfighter

APC w/ missle rack kills tanks / MOC / everything

Vigilante doesn't have a special icon and kills most things

Khanjali is a mechanic-summonable tank, craps on people pretty good

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Can tanks be registered as personal vehicles?

The Khanjali starts as one - sort of. The Khanjali, Thruster and Cernobog can be customized and are summonable by the mechanic in free roam, but can only be stored in their special facility slot.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

loving christ Air Quota is the worst mode

What? I love it!

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
The Stromberg is really, really good. It can tank 3 or so rocket hits, and shoots Ruiner missiles that don't miss. I was dropping it out of the Avenger and killing Deluxos midair. Hard counter to Deluxo, Oppressor & Vigilante. Went 4 and 1 against an Akula.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Some rear end in a top hat stole my chair with the fun side effect that I couldn't sit to do crates or IE lol
Also took all the icons off my phone, I noticed when I tried to snapchat that pic

gently caress your chair, complainin' from that office full of money

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Eyud posted:

I love me some digital collecting, I'll happily spend hours fiddling with car paintjobs and obsessing over how to arrange them in garages (can't have too much of any one color in one garage, etc) for nobody to ever see.

I arranged all my high-$$$ cars in the facility so I look like a baller when the pubbies ride my elevator up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

As his agent, I can confirm he does have an availability on the February 29th. I’ll pencil you in and send the necessary waivers ASAP.

Malakai—even though Sister Fister spurred your advances.. you can gargle my hog anytime. Mainly because it’ll keep you from talking.

On topic: I forget who mentioned it a couple pages back about the Stromberg being a viable counter to oppressors/Deluxo’s, but if you legitimately have been killing people with it then you’re playing with morons. If you know what you’re doing, the Deluxo wipes everything out simply because it can fire in any direction and change direction nearly instantly. It is truly a marvel.

It can't lock onto a Strom without the Strom also being able to lock on to it, it can't dodge Ruiner-style missiles, and it can't tank 3 of them. QED

• Locked thread