Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

hellfaucet posted:

PS Los Santos International airport is the spitting image of LAX. Truly a mind gently caress. I also visited "Mirror Park."

It's crazy how much of this game looks like actual LA/California, especially stuff besides obvious landmarks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

davebo posted:

I guess word got out that even if you could do the new missions on an invite only server, you'd still make less money than grinding the solo VIP work, so they decided to "fix" the solo VIP work :P

fyi this is a glitch and not Rockstar playing fun police

I just can't see crate collecting as a viable solo activity. It's basically broadcasting "hey come gently caress with me". Some of them are frustrating enough even without people trying to ruin you. But I like having the VIP stuff as an addition to my usual batch of solo contact missions I can run for money.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Spawned outside my warehouse with a guy right in front of me. Got blown up in 5 seconds. Thank god it was only 3 crates. This poo poo just isn't worth it. No amount of associate help would have saved me.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Free aim sounds like a good idea. I haven't been interested in pvp since they nerfed the tank.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

gently caress sticky bombs forever

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I'm totally back into this again since (1) the car warehouse became 25% off, and (2) no one in free aim does PVP.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Didn't Rockstar say they were going to stop doing updates for GTA Online?

They said they were going to stop supporting the 360/PS3 versions, and it's too late to port over your characters any more. But my god, who is still using either of those.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Can you do any bunker stuff either solo or in invite lobbies? Like how you can do biker missions or ceo work

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Well poo poo 30% off and free money so I should buy a bunker. Is there any reason not to just get the cheapest one?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

If the content updates cost $20 or $30 for stuff like FPS map packs I'd have probably only bought heists and deleted this game years ago. Rockstar probably would have abandoned it years ago too. But I've played a lot of it, and for a while, without ever buying in game money or farming it for hours at a time.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Oof I've a bit over 2 million so I could only get the bunker to start it. Probably gonna give this some time first

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

The amount of LA landmarks in the game is insane. It's not just super obvious stuff like skyscrapers and the pier and the Vinewood sign. They are never ever making a game not based on a super huge, super famous city.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

a bone to pick posted:

I love free-aim but there's never enough people in the lobbies so I begrudgingly do auto-aim now.

This is how to make money, it's easy to find free aim lobbies that are almost empty and the people who are in it will happily ignore you

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

The $10-$20 DLC pack model fails all the time in shooters, all it does is divide the player base and scare people off and eventually they give up.

Anyway they confirmed the red dead 2 mission, although I'm concerned that the "headshot challenge" might be something like "headshot a billion people in free roam"

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...m_term=newswire

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Powershift posted:

NPCs count for headshots too.

just chase a herd of them to the end of the pier and pop-pop-pop-pop

Oh thank God

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Yes you do need to be in a public session, though

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

A mobile version of GTA 4 would probably be a huge pain in the rear end to program, an enormous install size, and no one remembers anything about it besides NIKO LET'S GO BOWLING so it wouldn't even get nostalgia sales

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

ThomasPaine posted:

Love GTAO but pretty disappointed Rockstar seem to piling all their effort into it without giving us a few single player expansions/a new loving game. Also lol at some of the early promises like a functional online stock market still being absent all these years later.

People don't finish games. Who is going to buy more single-player add-ons when they don't even finish the main story, they learned that lesson loud and clear with the Liberty City Episodes.

They probably should have never mentioned the online stock market at all, it's clear they didn't think it through. Just like that whole "get to an ATM or lose all your money if you get killed" thing, which thankfully was never the case.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

True Crime did actual LA and it was boring as hell unless you lived there and drove to your house

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

So what are you actually buying, a PSN account connected to a GTA save that has all those goodies?

Anyway, is a MOC worth buying if you mostly play solo? Are the Mark II weapons that good? I should make it have the command center and weapons workshop, right? I have like 2.3 million and already own a vehicle warehouse, cargo warehouse, gun bunker, and motorcycle club. I'm thinking on waiting out the doomsday bunker and straight up passing on the hangar.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

The basic MOC is 50% off until January 8, do I need any upgrades besides command center and weapons/vehicles workshop?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

FuturePastNow posted:

You don't really even need the command center, it just adds guns to the trailer (you have to pay extra for the rear guns) and removes your ability to go passive with it. The quarters have the computer to start the vehicle missions, too.

Oh OK sweet yeah I only care about missions, not guns

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

It was free for a while if you played on last gen and ported your character over but that's long gone

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I briefly had a billion dollars on PS3 but that was so long ago there wasn't really anything to spend it on before they took it away. Got a buzzard and a rhino out of it, at least

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

All I do is source a car to see what the lobby is like, and if people are bombing everyone I run some piss easy contact missions to get put into another one. Free aim doesn't have much pvp, it's not hard. Then I just alternate between selling cars and vip work.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I thought they removed the level rank requirements for weapons awhile back. Or am I mixing that up with another game entirely

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Last gen character transfer ended March 6, 2017

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Just go to the end of the pier in free roam where cops never go that far and blast people it takes hardly any time at all

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Araganzar posted:

This cop got me thinking I should do the stunt jumps in this game:

Is there good guide for a short path through all the stunt jumps or a video I could watch while I go through them?

All you get paint jobs and the game doesn't keep track of which ones you did or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

No. Buy the warehouse and start filling it up so you almost always get a top range car every time you source

• Locked thread