Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Rad Valtar posted:

Roscoe was a dick but I appreciate him being a dick because it brought us all a little closer.

Closer? What happened to 'closer' when you blew us all up in the Vinewood tour bus trying to kill someone that wasn't even on it! :cheeky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

You're welcome. Seemed due.

I think heists will end up being the best thing ever or the thing that drives a lot of people away in frustration, no middle ground. I hope they are great but don't have my expectations set too high.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Duke Chin posted:

Old rear end SAMP crew and the prison tree :reject::respek::v:

Aww yesss

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Nope, I'm on PS4. Hell, I think we've played together at some point last week or the week before.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

/tree

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I plan to fortify myself with rum and hop online tonight as well. Down for races/general fuckery.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Mine are simply WEEBAIRN.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

All this stupid license plate talk made me finally decide I should try and make mine work. It was still the same one from PS3, so I put a ticket in to reset it, went and tried it once more, and voila it works! I'm pleased.. especially since I can't change my PSN name now.. dicks.

Haha, that is perfect!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Crashed out. Which, actually, hasn't happened in a while. Maybe Rockstar has their poo poo togeth....hahahaha.
Was a good time with y'all.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Kelly posted:

Geeves and his playlists are what keeps me playing during the long, cold wait for heists.

Yes.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I think I may do something similar tonight. Put myself into passive and just creep a mic breather. Follow them around in passive, never getting too close, just enough to unnerved them. When they clue in, run off, pop into invisible until they give up, then repeat the cycle.

Unless we get a geeves playlist on the go. Then that trumps.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I got stuck in a shipping container and all hell broke loose with my Rebel's physics....

Also, I managed to win the dreaded Horse Factory, no thanks to this fella.....

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I want to play with the physics of some vehicles we don't always have access to in multiplayer.
Last night during a quick Titan... job we dicked around with the Dock Handler, the cargo box crane. It got me to thinking what stupid stuff it could be used for, and what other vehicles are untapped potential for stupid fun...

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Heists tomorrow. Book it.

That's right, I'll be that guy who claims, later on, that I had insider info thanks to my good buddies at Rockstar.

Or you know, nothing will happen like we're all really expecting and I'll just be another person who is wrong on the internet.

Besides, I would really expect some publicity push from Rockstar over social media as a buildup for the heist release date, when it's decided upon.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Yeah, I can't connect at all, says I'm missing downloaded files, or says servers are unresponsive.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I think personally, the most goons I've probably seen in a single lobby is around fifteen. Which can still be a busload of fun. Even with the crew thread always adding new members, it seems we can never seem to get our poo poo together at the same time.

More people need to experience a geeves playlist and Horse Factory.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

A few snaps of tonight's shenanigans...

On our way to hang out at the mine...

Inside the mine, when (I believe) a pubbie ordered an airstrike on us.

Later on, this idea came about again.

Cops were...displeased.

We decided to drop into the base. It went about as well as expected.

Fun times. My image quality is poo poo, but whatever.

(And someone needs to make a Princess Di Memorial Race.)

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

omg chael crash posted:

Can anyone give me an answer on this?

They're dead again. Hopefully they return.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

A few pics from tonight. We couldn't get in the full cool kids party, so we made our own fun.

aardmania found a car in a curious predicament, so Jay and I helped it out.

Later on, the Dodo became a source of entertainment, crashes notwithstanding..

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Aardmania posted:

The Dodo is known for its ability to land quickly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ppIZH3mhH8

Haha, holy poo poo, that went so badly.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Slim Killington posted:

Adventures in Dodo-sitting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5B9MbAUsfI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lEs_MGpu0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJF0vWCpV5U

Evidently not everyone on the server appreciated our Dodo antics:

Bonus Firegoon action shot:

Haha, great stuff. aardmania's grand entrance was incredible.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I wish there was a reliable rumour source. My phone's Google Now screen is set to have GTA news, and every result ends up being some piece of poo poo linkbait site that inevitably leads back to Domislive. Or the Christian Times for some reason.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

It's a long weekend here, and it's the perfect excuse to have some drinks and get some quality GTA time in.
Hope to see a bunch of ya on tonight/Sat night.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I took pics of jay and Lasagna reenacting Titanic on the beach, but the Social Club isn't cooperating..
I do have a couple of other snaps though...

This is immediately following the pool escape.

Purdy....

aardmania being airlifted on his jetski to what ended up being the poor guy's fiery death...

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

A few pics I wanted to share real quick...
Jay and Lasagna reenacting Titanic on the beach...with the actual music playing it was absolutely priceless.....

Horse Factory is always a clusterfuck, and then this happened to my "General Wee"...

Later on we went flying, though my clip of the Jay/Lasagna Micheal Bay hangar landing didn't survive...

edit: The smoke from the Dodo was because I'm a dumbass who shot the fuselage by mistake...

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Aardmania posted:

Here's my view of the hangar incident.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WTj0oynqH8

I'm glad you got that. I went back after tossed if it was a recorded clip, but alas, it was not.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

This has me laughing like a complete idiot. I like your view of it much better than mine.

I wish my video had captured, I was on the plane in the hangar that blew up as it was hit...and I survived.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Aardmania posted:

After the races last night, Wee Bairns decided to test the latest in ejection seat technology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6nFZIq5RRw

Up up and awaaaaay!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Some fun people better be on tonight. :)

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I likely won't be getting on til 10ish my time, 9 ESTish. If I end up in the middle of a playlist, no biggie....not like I would be on the top places anyway.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Finally, I decided to go through the clips I've been too lazy to edit and put them together. Hopefully since it was easy, I'll be more inclined to just post videos as I go now..

http://youtu.be/m5Chh4j3j-Y

Haha, good stuff.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

geeves posted:

https://gfycat.com/PettyAmusingHatchetfish

This is what's been happening to me during races a lot over the last week. (not my video)

That would be goddamned annoying; your connection has been terrible lately...

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Glad to finally see a date confirmed, but like has been mentioned, it'll probably be a cluster gently caress the first couple of weeks. Rockstar's servers poo poo themselves on a good day, the added stress is going to be a bitch.
Plus, like geeves mentioned, the lizards will probably strike.

I'm glad I've got a decent list of goon friends to attempt heists with, seems like it could be really fun, but with a pubbie squad I would likely toss my PS4 through a window before the heist even started.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

The fact that it announces that you are going into hiding is a bugger.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

We've managed to figure out how to glitch a huge cargo hauler, which is usually unavailable in 'regular' GTA Online, into game. Pics to follow.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

edit: /\/\
NICE

So, basically, we figured out a way to glitch the Dock Handler into free roam.
It is pretty simple. Completing "A Titan Of A Job" is the key. If someone is in the Dock Handler (that spawns in the Titan hangar), and stays in it when the Titan is delivered, they will spawn in free roam with the Dock Handler. The drat thing is so tall, though, that it needs a cargobob to airlift it outta the airport area where you spawn...
We managed to glitch it in 3 times, so it seems fairly reliable.
A few pics.

Driving it off the Maze Bank ended badly, I got the drat thing stuck.

Edit#2: Countdown til Reddit claims it's a glitch "they" found in 5...4...3...

Wee Bairns fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Mar 1, 2015

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Also, you need to attend driving school to earn a license. Without one your garage becomes inaccessible, and your vehicles will become ineligible for insurance coverage from Mors.
And after each time you call Mors to replace your vehicle , your premium goes up.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Poor Jay.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I won't be drunk when heists hit, I promise.

Holy poo poo I'm terrible when drinking. Good times though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Sapient Afro posted:

also gang burrito with different livery:

Holy poo poo. Parking that bad boy right next to my General Lee.

I pity any fool....

• Locked thread