Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
I'm a returning player, and I noticed the perks they were offering us. Where do I get them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

I am glad to see that as a returning player the online matchmaking is still poo poo. Every time I login I end up in an empty server.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Kelly posted:

I am now able to login to a full server, but when we finish up jobs and go back to free roam I end up alone a good majority of the time.

Other than last night and one other time, I really haven't noticed a ton of lag - so that has improved a bit.

I only get into servers with people after completing a job. Then I play for 10 mins and lose connection.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

geeves posted:

Heists will most likely fail because whoever is hosting the heist suddenly gets disconnected.

This is what bothers me about the game. All these improvements to the content, kind of, and I still can't play for more than 30 minutes in a row.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Were do I buy the stock cars I have seen buzzing around?

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

A c E posted:

Had a blast with Kebby82 and triolinu66 (maybe?). One of you was terrible in the Buzzard, should have let me drive as I was going to bring each of you to one of your own.

Just flying around:

Flying around in my Dubsta being chased by a pubbies in a helicopter:

Stealing Lasers to deal with aggressive pubbies.

Kebby82, you seemed to loose the blind eye, did you shoot someone in the base? The jet in the foreground was AI and I'm still annoyed they don't show on the map.

Cruising in the back of a police van:

We didn't survive in the air long..ever.:

Of course the highlight was this:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=29B8879E7B98D8CF!134&authkey=!AHf6wd-sbPFKvNE&ithint=video%2cmp4

It's too bad sharp turns cause you to put down your phone. I lost so many awesome shots because of that.
Going to hop back on in hopes of snow.

I'm Kebby82 and I am awful in the helicopter. I will let you drive next time! That was some good fun. We need to get you a mic though!

Also, as I was flying out of the air force base a rocket hit the tail on my jet and although I could still fly I could not control my jet. Eventually the engine died and it sank me so deep in the ocean I had no idea which way was up.

Doomsday Jesus fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Dec 19, 2014

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Someone please tell me that the Stock Car Racing exclusive isn't single player only!

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

I guess Xbox One still can't connect? Been trying for 5 minutes and nothing.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Looks like another night of not being able to play (Xbone here). What a pain in the rear end.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

I would be on but I can't loving connect to a session. It's been 30 minutes of trying and nothing. loving he'll.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Every time I log in it places me in an empty server. Every job I try to join it times out and kicks me to single player.

It worked fine until about 10 days ago.

What do I do?

Doomsday Jesus fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 2, 2015

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

I bought a new router tonight to replace the current setup in the hopes it will help with connecting. Really boring playing by yourself.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Ausmund posted:

Lately, everytime I try to join a new session it takes a loooooong time to load and puts me in a session with no one in it. I'm not doing private or invite only or anything. Does this happen often with anyone else?

Yes. Rockstar has told me it is my connections fault. All other online games work fine and this is the only one I have issues with.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

me your dad posted:

:guinness: Business as usual

Further car chat: What are the current top dogs in the sports class and super class? I see so many people driving Zentornos in races that I feel like I'm missing out in my Entity. And my sports cars consist of a Carbonizarre and two Sultans and both make terrible choices in races.

I still rock a fully modded Entity and do just fine against the crop of newer super cars. I usually lose due to being wrecked or wrecking myself.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Heartstrings Tugboat posted:

Not enough people know about on-call for 30 to work.

I know about the on call feature but have no clue how to activate it.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Ziploc posted:

I miss gimick deathmatches.

-Fistfights amongst high ledges and windmills.
-Phil Colins
-Shotguns on a hill
-Package mayhem

I miss prison thug fights. I've not laughed so hard at this game before.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

So is the new Lancer EVO knockoff better than the Sultan?

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

It is--without a doubt--the most amazing thing in this game. It's broken as gently caress. I'm talking early days of PS3 and the tank wars broke. But holy gently caress is it broken in the right ways. Five of us essentially emptied a server out. In less than 45 minutes.

http://youtu.be/A2W8ahDLk2I

It is broken as gently caress and I'm not sure why you're proud of emptying a server out. It makes it boring as gently caress and needs to be susceptible to RPGs, grenades, or mines.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Kelly posted:

An RPG or two takes it out. I did one of the setups with frenton and a couple other guys, and we blew an Insurgent up with what I believe was only a single RPG.
Are homing missiles not supposed take it out? I've hit them point blank before with no luck.

As soon as I see one on the map I know it is time to quit, do jobs, or quit.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Not.. sure why I'm proud of that?

Sir.. you go to the other side of the room now. Over there with those un-fun folks. In the mean time, we will keep murdering pubbies in our murder wagon as God intended we do.

Have fun.

Because being in an empty server is fun.

It is the situation when tanks started coming around. One person fucks it up for the rest.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

How dare someone have a different opinion of fun than you!

It is more fun to clear out a server than to have a battle that rages on for an hour or more.

To each their own.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

A little Vinewood stunt action.

http://i.imgur.com/2GGc9T9.gifv

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

If the drat servers were working. None of my crew and I can join jobs.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Online is sucking poo poo tonight. It is taking forever to load in.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

The high end cars are also idiot bait. If you're mad that you can't get the 5th new car in a row that's like 1 mph faster, the problem's you.

Exactly. The Zentorno is still a great car and if you're a good driver you can keep up with T20's.

Check out broughy1322 on YouTube for car comparisons and specs too.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

I want to play this game again but anything other than an OPEN NAT keeps me from playing with other people. I am on an XB1 and I would like to know how the hell to get my NAT to stay open without compromising my network.

And why the gently caress is this the only game that I have troubles with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

I come back to GTA to try out the new DLC and the same loving issues are present. My NAT is open and I have 100Mb service.

Every session I join instantly empties out and I can't join jobs.

What the gently caress?

• Locked thread