Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If you're on PS4 and in LLJK, once the online works again, look for my mission "Hella Copter Race 1" if you need some practice with the helicopters. It's the way I fly around in lobbies for fun, if the game had let me I would have had the markers so low that you would have been forced to go below bridges and underpasses making it even more fun, right now it's very very picky. Trying to figure out a Midnight Club route to make for cars now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I managed to get online quickly at first try, I say it's a fuckup.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Well it works but not with other players apparently. All solo. At least I can fill garages with Gallavanters and goof off solo.

e: and by that I mean it works if I create my own invite only session, if I just d-pad down, right-stick down it gets stuck joining forever. I would like to know what happened and how all the transfer issues were not detected and how failsafes apparently were not implemented.
e: alright it sits at joining forever until finally
e: damnit tyrone rockstar get your poo poo together, tried to leave my apartment in that decent-playercount lobby and

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 22, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Feenix posted:

What version are you now on? Can you check? (PS4?)

We're all on 1.03 and functionally so. Weird.

e: everything seems to work fine now
e: No, got stuck after leaving a match to enter freemode

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 22, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Entire lobby blew up for me too. Goons and a lobby of children with nothing but tanks and rocket launchers and buzzard choppers and jets to bring the moment they die to a bullet. Forgot to turn up the USB output my voice-chat does so I heard nothing. Dull :(

And the framerates were murder, unacceptably bad, despite rebuilding database.

e: the lobby was mad laggardy even before the crash too, and if I were to say something critical it would be that I'm happy half the money I put on this came from my overbudgeted PayPal account and was just lying there gathering virtual dust. These framerates need a fix, it was better on the PS3 Slim in full 16p lobbies.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 22, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I get a nice lobby not overrun by kids in tanks and then

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

When I finally get the time to turn my PS4 on after a long and bad Sunday it's down for maintenance :v:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

There's racing and fun and functional lobbies, and then six people crash off. Then another six. And then my final batch of six. It's safest to stay inside an active mission.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

How did people make those maps in cut-off areas before? I've tried entering the creator with an SP-unique area changed or opened up to no avail on PS4.

e: WELP lobby crash just as I was going to try to figure out mic VS voice balance

e: If you're on currentgen online and not finding AI cars behaving weirdly, lagging like mad, doing U-turns where they shouldn't like they're at a bath, or that the framerate regularly dies and becomes unplayable once you get up on a tallish building and hanging around doing action, I want to know your secret. I'd jam an SSD into my PS4 if that would fix it. This is ugly and not acceptable and not fun.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 24, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

If I could get a refund just for GTAO ($30) I would. It's like they also hosed up the netcode massively. I wrap up work and decide to get into a lobby and goof off to eventually hop into a random job co-op BECAUSE ONE DAY THAT FUNCTION WILL WORK but it crashes and I lose interest. I dump two bullets from a sniper rifle into a guy a block away and he's fine, but he plinks me to death with an assault rifle long after I've turned away. I later turn and BRRT a guy with my mini-uzi, he moves on for a while before dropping dead from my bullets. Are lobbies P2P hosted?

At least the SP hasn't bugged out for me, and I know it will get at least one expansion of fine quality sometime.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 24, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Moochewmoo posted:

So I am having issue's trying to fire guns using the triggers. Any idea how to fix it?

Did it suddenly happen? Do things look right in the control settings?

Because I suddenly found myself having an issue trying to throttle up and leave the ground with helicopters, minutes before the lobby crashed a bunch of us out.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I reluctantly log on to try that 250k challenge poo poo, get tired of waiting forever for playlists to load, go out and ride around, pick up a goon who gets bounced out by a crash and turned into an AI running away in panic. Pull into home garage and hey where's the blue spot?

Barely functional ghost town for the few of us who weren't crashed out.

e: AI performed cleaner than ever without any hint of lag during this so no easier way of stealing tanks and jets :smith:

I was here for the original launch of the Online, I lost level 15+ characters three times, I know :v:
I just hope RockStar have excuses for why it's so busted.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 25, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

Does strength stat still increase your max health? I read that it doesn't, but it still increases resistance to damage, which is basically the same thing. What's the fastest way to max that out?

Get podcasts or audiobooks and play golf like mad.

e: wikia one says

quote:

Strength: Your physical power and resilience. Boosts melee damage, speeds up ladder climbing, improves sporting agility, and reduces damage taken from various sources. Increase by scoring hits in melee combat and practicing sports. For every 20 punches you land, the strength skill will raise by 1%. Killing cows on the grapeseed farms gives you almost the same amount of percent for every 20 punches. Playing sports such as Golf or Tennis will assist in enhancing this skill.

A c E posted:

I never get the option to vote for a new mission after completing one. Its always races, survival, last team standing, death match or parachuting.

Just me or are you guys seeing the same thing?

No 2x3 window where you chose missions or ???/refresh/free-roam?
e: weiiiiiird

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 25, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

titties posted:

Has anyone who's playing on PS4 also played Midnight Club LA on PS3? I'd like to hear about how the 1st-person driving in GTA compares to the 1st-person in Midnight Club.

I stopped playing MC:LA because after a certain point it became crushingly difficult. A lot of this (for me) turned out to be because the 3rd-person camera views don't let you read traffic very well because it's set low and you can't see over your car.

Playing it in 1st-person, though, and the game is a lot more accessible. If 1st-person driving in GTA is similar I could really get behind it.

I do Midnight Club 2 PC with wheel and pedal a bunch for pleasure and while GTA here is as close as it gets compared to everything including The Crew, it feels "off". If I were to try to describe it; FP-racing in GTA feels like it's first-person racing in a third person action game with better than average work put into everything about vehicles, while in Midnight Club 2 PC it's open-world perfection of tastefully arcadey-controls, you can control your drifts and sliding if you lose grip. GTA5 (current gen) is terribly slippery and loose, much more so than GTA4 PC post-handling patches.

Would race GTA5 with wheel and pedals if I had any that worked, if any at all do work.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Here's first person not-quite-hoodcam in MC2 PC which with wheel and pedals feels perfect to me

It's not quite bullbar-cam either. I think it's the camera that makes the difference for me and why GTA5 doesn't feel quite right? Gran Turismos in-car feels fine.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Kelly posted:

I'll run Blow It Up II with my tank on PS4 for anyone who wants to join in to rank up. It takes about 10 minutes total - you have to kill at least 200 cops and you get about 9200 RP and 20K in class. To compare, most missions don't pay more than 5k in RP.

PSN - cashcamden99. I will be on tonight, after 8:30 est if anyone is interested. You will have to friend me since crew matching doesn't work.

Adding you for good old fashioned grinding (9ish hours?)

Debating personal tank VS personal buzzard. Love to fly and land, no trouble evading jets and their missiles.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Kelly posted:

Glad to help...Blow It Up is only a two person mission so we will have to take turns though. Stupid Rockstar. :argh:

If I could only buy one, it'd be the Buzzard. 100 times more useful, especially now that tanks are hardly abused in free roam.

Oh :argh:

I'm the best helicopter pilot I've seen and come to think of it the only reason the few tank invasions happen is because there's nobody with a Buzzard around to easily safely take them out. Just that I'm a million rockstarbucks away :smith:

e: using golf to grind strength data incoming

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 25, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Using Golf to boost strength. 5 bars, 162 px total width, 32 per bar, 3 px space between them.

Nine hole round = +2, single hole round = +2. Same five minute waiting time returning to lobby after finishing a round. (The capture card sucks with the colour blue)

Now to check out punching cows.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 25, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

circ dick soleil posted:

Do they have cows in online?

They should put them in there >:(

Along with the other animals :(

e: and Far Cry 4 devilhawks

e: solo lobby = framerates are alright, AI alright, can stay connected forever. Lobby with players = it fucks up within five minutes, most cases. I'll take free SP DLC for an excuse, Rockstar.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 26, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Kelly posted:

When I run a network test on my NAT settings it fails every time on my PS4. I'm using wifi - absolutely can't connect it via a wired connection. I've read NAT 3 might read as failed - could that be complicating things for me when I try and play?

It could be complicating things, NAT3 is the tightest, NAT1 is the most open access the PS4 can report, and I've got issues too with this. Destiny and every single other game, no problem!

Now about farming copkills and extending earnings during missions where the final objective is to turn an item or vehicle in such as Blow It Up 2: Get in here with whatever you need to deliver carefully parked a bit inside at the wider part

Then take your sweet time, the largest threats are rappelling SWAT and not not hearing the tram

Time-consuming but functional, easy to do, very rewarding. Just gun through the railings, throw grenades and plastics.

e: Some missions need you to just sit with the stars you get during the "chase" aspect or they won't let you gain stars again, you can do anything without gaining stars until you turn in whatever (like Blow It Up 3)

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 26, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Psion posted:

well they said the first PS4/Xbone update would also include heists

The first current-gen content update/patch for the online, that one was to include heists.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Horse Factory with bicycles is the next thing I need to try, that was pretty great and a must-bookmark, thanks for the laughs.

Alright back to making my own races

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Scyron posted:

I will unironically race that. Just let me use a lawnmower or golf cart.

The problem is running the test race to verify it for publishing. If I had the time do to 99 laps of it I would, before unleashing it, but this is just one checkpoint in every corner of the map, and boats.

I recommend giving my http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/MrLonghair/games/gtav/jobs/job/Gpf2wa1xOEi8_AQN8_h7ow?platformId=11 a shot for on the road action. Would unironically race that one with bicycles.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Wheany posted:

and getting people to join jobs is like pulling teeth.

I've managed to join one job successfully via the phone, and that was Horse Factory :smith:

Once they fix that, drops, crashes, framedrops, long loads, slow responses from servers, random errors, floatier than it should be driving, wacky AI, buggy AI it'll be p.neat

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

At the moment the few test sessions I've run have shown people tend to bike to the highway, steal something faster, then quit just outside the city once they realise how long it is.

Disable Traffic, enable Wanted Levels, and in my dream - Enable wild animals.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

It's so much more stable online now, but the framerates drop to single digits when doing what you do in a Buzzard :(

Hugh Malone posted:

Well, the idea was to have people steal a car, so no traffic just makes it a regular-rear end bicycle race.

I may have confused it with the on-foot race plan, which I totally would do and verify and get uploaded and mass-invite 30 pubbies into.

Just been hard to get the "enable GTA mode successfully so that people can leave their bikes, climb and proceed on foot + fistfights.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Hugh Malone posted:

Do you mean proceed on foot without any weapons, only able to fist fight? Yeah, don't think we can do that.

Had it happen on Horse Factory when all-motorcycles. Was unable to get far enough for GTA mode to even activate ("bwomp" and screenflash of weapons becoming active) on the maps I tried to make, may have bugged something out though, all checkpoints rendered on the map but never in the actual game, nor did they work.

A triathlon would be fun to design!

e: helicopter races would be more fun to design if they were less picky about checkpoint spacing and geometry-collision, and this one was not fun nor challenging.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Nov 28, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

For those of us who didn't grind levels nor money, the best way to speed it up is seriously to endlessly run missions, forget about going to lobby until you've had enough, focusing on 1player minimums that you know are doable and trying to avoid lengthy races. Doesn't harm to keep the cops after you and have a lengthy five-star standoff before finishing the last step (going to location/turning in item). Did 58-60 continuing my audiobook binge in under two hours.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Is there a long-rifle that shoots exploding bullets? A guy just hit me with that, around a second long reload-time.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Goons :3:

I need to make a race that goes up Chiliad and down Chiliad

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Makes me wonder what they would think of a PSN gimmick account named Ferguson_Cop or something like that role-played according to their expectations. Hm.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

When the mechanic drives up to you from the right side of traffic, where you're waiting, but veers off into the opposite lane and drops your car off there so you have to run across traffic :allears:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

To speed up the lazygrind a little I (e: nope, didn't work) created another character so that I'd also have a female character. But how ugly could you make one? This ugly.

Jesus christ Lamar.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 29, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Whatever lets me claim ownership and insurance on a bulldozer!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Adder: +Best top speed of the lot
Entity: +Grip
Zentorno: +Acceleration

Voltic: +Best acceleration of all vehicles

Infernus: +Prettiest

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

You cannot buy the Cargobob, but you can buy the Titan. What's their reasoning?

Buying the Buzzard in preparation for the heists, 200k to go until I make myself horribly out of money :arghfist:

Croccers posted:

As nice as the DS4 controller is, I still kinda dislike it. The hat thing on top of the thumbsticks is rubbish (thumbs slip off it all the time) and I just don't have the same fine control over the left thumbstick like I did with the 360 controller. Thumb is too cramped up for smooth fine control.

I want to take Xbone sticks, shorten the shaft a little and transfer those over. Going to try rubberized DS4 stick-grip things after they arrive from DealXtreme, will come back to the thread (10 for $5 instead of 2 for $15) if it works well.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Ok now get those heists out. I swear there's a somewhat different flight model/set of hidden stats on the "owned" one compared to ones from missions, SP, random helipad pickups.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 1, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Scyron posted:

The new passive mode I think is even better than before for loving with people. I've been just cruising the skies in a Maverick heli for the last couple minutes and I have had 2 tanks and 4 dudes shooting rockets at me, and not understanding why they can't hit me. They actually sort of stopped shooting each other just to try and go after me. All I want to do is watch from a nice viewpoint, ya know?

Okay, buzzing around in a passive mode Buzzard was too effective. It seems it's also able to damage non-passive pedestrian players with physical contact.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Karin Futo feels like a marble on ice and I swear it was better last-gen :arghfist:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Feenix posted:

This is truly bad driving:

I've made two new characters over two different accounts, and you know you spot a bad driver when they DNF on Mall or Nothing.

• Locked thread