Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Heists.

The winter holiday patch has just about gone gold but, heists. Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
:argh:

I'd loving shark card if they knew what was good for them with regards to vehicles to add (and perma-life bicycles please, I lost the pink BMX)

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Bullet-proof helmet and combat mask glitch, Lord Vader, your whip is ready

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Use a snacks while in cover (R1) and you'll eat instantly :ssh:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Smells like latency, I threw a random sniper shot at the asphalt giving up trying to hit a laggy driver, seconds after unzooming he died to my bullet and wiped out with a live passenger.

For christmas I want world peace a bridge to hawaii the moon on a stick a steady 30 framerate when up on a building sniping

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

If I wasn't sick I'd put on my Swedish Fernando voice and make a quick clean all-you-need-to-know glitch video, no intros, no notifications, no begging for subs or nothing. Urgh

e: Buzzard locks onto enemies in missions, best purchase ever for lazygrinding

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Dec 3, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Can muggers still drag out players in tanks and take their poo poo?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Now we only need a way to deal with untouchable dickheads in jets.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

http://map.ipviking.com/ who knows these days :smith:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

My youngest sister has two sons, one four and one seven years old, through spending more time with them this year I have learned that the kids I kept hearing in GTAO PS3 last year (mainly French kids) were closer in age to the four year old.

I need to teach them to be cool online before long, they're getting a 360 for christmas.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

Oh hey, did anyone that got the PS4-GTAV-TLoU bundle get the $500k/$500k bonus? I'm not seeing it in the marketplace. :(

Was the game a digital copy? It should be in the regular PS Store under DLC for GTA5, it has to be downloaded and "installed" and it'll add the cash

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

If I figure out how to create what becomes an on-foot race across the state/continent I'll know what to name it, thanks.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I built a GTA race that was start and finish only so death = spawning at the start, bicycles that cannot leave the pit they spawn in, only weapon = fists. Had great believable-for-dummies texts in name and description of how it would be fixed in the christmas patch and people had to grind it now and invite as many people as possible, and the more who finish it the larger the rewards. Four-some minutes to hit the goal by Akuma during testing and verifying.

Then something messed up and I cannot even start GTA5 any longer. Rebuild-time.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Hugh Malone posted:

*set vehicle to motorcycles initially, use the flat wood pile to wheelie hop out of the enclosure for testing. After your test is completed, save the race. Go to available vehicles and deselect everything but bicycles. Highlight bicycles and press square, then you can deselect everything but one race bike like the whippet. This will not require you to test again. Publish the race.

Okay this seems fixed. Still would make a good fuckpubbies as it is, trying to escape up to 29 other people with whatever weapons and motorcycles, trying to wheeliejump a pixel-perfect requiring wooden pallet pile.

If anyone can manage it I recommend taking inspiration from what I flat out published first by mistake:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Hugh Malone posted:

What part doesn't work? The part where you change the vehicles, but you still have to test?

Yeah, tried different varieties of this including vehicle types, trying it on other mission designs.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/YfLlN3hgrE2-LLElqzEKZg

GTA mode, traffic, cops, rocket pickups, a hoot. I'll change into to onto next time I get on.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 12, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I don't want to do heists with pubbies, and I doubt I even will. It requires a planning stage done at someone's (10 garage?) apartment, quite possibly securing X vehicles, practicing, training.

Then wrapping up by getting into the tram line going underground into La Puerta and waiting for the stars to go, surely.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

Hey what was the name of that mission you were all talking about a couple weeks back where it's basically "get a buzzard or tank and kill a poo poo load of cops for 20 minutes" or whatever? That sounds like fun right now.

There's a bunch of these mainly from Simeon and Madrazo, ones where the penultimate step is doing something that gets you stars then keeping the stars rolling, and the final step is to get to their HQ (sometimes with loot, sometimes with a car, sometimes to just show up in person).

Makes good chaotic Buzzard practice and does not waste one's expensive personal ammo!

Scyron posted:

Would anyone on PS4 want to try and setup an actual wacky racers kind of event with silly cars in an impromptu race across the state, maybe in some rally form or tag team? Maybe have 1 or 2 people in a helicopter under the weazel news crew tag for a cool perspective on it?

Got external videocapture equipment, would film and edit!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Quoting myself from the PS4 thread:

MrLonghair posted:

Got my delivery of http://www.dx.com/p/silicone-anti-skid-covers-for-ps4-3d-controller-grey-10pcs-286508 , ordered because I felt sceptical about spending $10-$15 for 2-4 fancily decorated ones.

They work very well for my fingers who previously were happy to slip off the DS4 sticks (GTA5 Yoga and so much more) and you should probably buy a bag of them. Don't waste your money on grossly marked up branded fancy looking stuff.

These make a HUGE difference in-game. I feel like I can increase sensitivity on the controls and be in even more accurate, reliable control and accuracy than before. If I wasn't skint until next Monday I'd offer to send three pairs of them out free of charge.

e: and they still work fine when they've gotten sweaty, so much better than withou them (Pinball Arcade Black Knight 2000 test)

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 15, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/16/grand-theft-auto-5-online-heists-finally-revealed

HEISTS UP IN THIS YA'LL (early 2015)

Would be great if they also took care of the dumb inputlag for this patch, I noticed that stuff day one, just look at the PS360 versions

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 16, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Still got that terrible lag-by-design when you go for the weaponwheel or look backwards while in a car, compared to PS360 versions. Everything else is nice.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g0E9Ftyr8o&t=27s

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 19, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Lyer posted:

Anyone have any tips on deadzone/acceleration settings that improve FPS mode?

Up the sensitivity the most you can use reliably, kill deadzone, up acceleration to where you're comfortable, pop into ADS for shooting (pro Halo stuff really), use gamer monitor set to absolutely minimal display lag mode or the perfect TV.

Still swear it's clunkier than what I played on the PS3.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I like to keep tone on people with it, even goons, just to spook them the gently caress out :unsmith:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

im pooping! posted:

Is there a specific reason why the update is taking all day to download? Seriously I have a 60mbps connection and this poo poo says 850/1.23 6 hours left

PS4

Add the 8.8.8.8 DNS on the PS4 (or router) and see if that helps, I get up to 90% of my top downstream that way, with my ISP default DNS it's like downloading from a site getting DDoSed.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Just race and skydive and whatever's quick and easy, fill a spare 10 car garage with 9k+ cars to turn in once every 45 minutes, easy money.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I'd do those crew challenges but it takes forever to join a lobby, or re-join a lobby, like after you find out an invite was to a bad sports only match :argh:

And then the lobby you get is ungodly laggy.

(and I will check my audio, heard nothing in the party)

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 19, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Ain't feeling this combo, but the Gingerbread Man and helmet is more like it!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Synthethicsoul I figured my problem out, the cable going from the USB soundcard I have in the PS4 to my mixer and then my speakers died sometime in the last few days. Let's actually communicate and smash pubbies next time, I like the thrill of being a Buzzard dodging missiles.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I've got 1080p60 capture equipment and 100mbit upstream. Order me around and I'll see what I can do.

e: I'll just dump shots instead, need to do paperwork in a few minutes. poo poo's beautiful, authenthic feeling of distance fogging up with flakes and the blue-tint it gives

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 24, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I'm not removing mask and helmet until the day they enter the character data and wipe it and patch the glitch that makes it possible. It's that good.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

omg chael crash posted:

So, I've lost my GTAO progress because I started a new PSN when I got my ps4? This sucks, I had neat cars and a nice joint.

No option to transfer appeared? On Character Selection?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

blackguy32 posted:

I don't think it will show up since he has a completely different PSN account.

Doh, missed. And that sucks.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I want functional garbage truck mechanics like that one mission of GTA4 :(

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I'm buying a new PS3 tomorrow and :ohdear:
At least they're extending the christmas gift period a bit.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 26, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Jumped online, got a Cargobob, went to hook up a car and nothing? Empty underneath?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, it's like someone said earlier. You grab the car in normal mode THEN go passive once you have the car.

Doh. That hook simply wasn't visible at all while in passive. Now I need to summon NPC and NPC tank without risking my rear end too bad.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I want to do this but with as many goons as possible bringing their own buses.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

They still say it's a local issue, even when you've got NAT Type 1 screenshots and all. Maybe that's why they're taking a little longer with the PC version :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Kelly posted:

Make sure you join missions that are texted to you from the contacts. It's how you get their other missions once they unlock for your rank.

Ohhh that would explain things :doh:

• Locked thread