Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Failed the last part of the Prison Break heist because of a stupid enemy spawn bug. First, my "inmate" just started shooting everybody so we had to fight our way out, but one of the NOOSE guys in one of the waves must have spawned wrong, because he would fall through the world every few seconds. I timed a sniper shot and killed him and a new wave showed up, but since I had to leave the prison grounds to kill this last bugged guy, it wouldn't let me back in (there was a "leaving the area" timer) and since I had no cover the NOOSE guys in the next wave killed me, failing the heist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Slim Killington posted:

Did you guys find a way to do the prison yard part without the massive firefight? We couldn't, after three attempts we just assumed it was the only way the mission is designed to go.

Didn't have a chance to repeat it yet, sorry. Do you have to HOST the Fleeca job to unlock the new stuff or just participate?

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

"Hey man, Lester told us not to scratch the Kuru- eh, nevermind."

Pubbies.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Thanks pubbie for making me get a finger cramp while it took you forever to "drill" while I was on crowd control. Then you left the session. I really want the Kuruma

Also Rockstar, if I opt in or out of a heist queue, please return me to the session I was in instead of making me go through two session loads, one of them where I'm usually free falling.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Is there some sort of trick to getting picked up by the Cargobob? I'm underneath his shadow and even a bit to the left and he still won't pick me up. We've tried 3 times already.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Croccers posted:

You have to hang around under it for a bit, not just zip under it.

I'm definitely loitering underneath the helicopter, even with cops all over me. I'm just not sure how accurate I need to be and for how long.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Slim Killington posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if this had to do with how long the server is taking to communicate tonight. "Waiting for players" screens are going past 5 minutes of waiting at times.

I would hope that it's that. With the server problems I'm so close to finishing this and the fact that it won't finish is stupid.

Edit: Finished it finally! For some reason the other attempts didn't even show the magnet dangling under the helicopter...

HiriseSoftware fucked around with this message at Mar 11, 2015 around 04:37

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

So what's the deal with the armored Kuruma windows? I had full black on mine and someone was able to shoot me through them. I switched to limo glass and tried to shoot at the windows myself, they cracked but didn't break. I tried also with black and they didn't break either. Is it just a bug with black windows?

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Dammit I killed myself when I parachuted into the rocks at the end of Prison Break! Heist failed

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Thanks pubbie driver for failing the Prison Break - Plane mission by driving back to the airfield while we waited for Vellum to land and running down the "out of area" timer because you didn't know how to turn the car around.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Slim Killington posted:

The two armored Insurgents also open up after the Humane Lab heist, one with a mounted gun and one without. The one without the gun seems to handle a lot more loosely than the gunned one, and might not do off-road as well (it's either that or DukeChin is bad at driving because Mizer's and mine ruled). No word yet on how the mounted gun does in multiplayer, but I imagine it will be a bit weakened down. During the mission it one-shot kills people, but takes over a dozen or so hits to blow up a car.

I don't have an Insurgent, but apparently the unarmed one is garage-able and moddable.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Ready, willing and able for PS3 heisting here. IM_GROCKI

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Anybody else experiencing the "real estate signs of slowness" at the Eclipse Towers? I was dropped down into the void more than once.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Just finished the Humane Labs finale as a pubbie joining some 3-person group who didn't speak English, and made me the pilot but decided my cut would be 0%. The first attempt all 3 of them jumped out of the helicopter (one has to stay behind as a gunner) and it failed the mission because there was no gunner. Second attempt was a success, although the gunner jumped out twice but was able to get back in when I landed. Half the time it looked like he didn't know what he was shooting at and I kept the chopper pretty steady. This was normal difficulty and we took at least 5 rocket hits but survived.

Time to buy my Insurgent!

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Powershift posted:

I just jumped into the finale with pubbies, and they decided my cut should be 20%. they're not all evil.

Is the Hydra unlocked with the "EMP" setup mission? I never played that and it didn't unlock for me when I beat the finale.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

It's too bad that you can be shot out of the Insurgent (SUV) as easily as with any other car, but imagining the expression on someone's face when you shrug off rockets and pipe bombs is more than enough consolation. Somebody was even like "I got you now, motherfu- what the gently caress?"

And you can drop explosives from it, unlike the Kuruma.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Powershift posted:

I would assume they needed some way to balance it. Everybody running around in bulletproof, bombproof vehicles would make the game boring as poo poo.

Agreed. Someone just blew me up in it (too much explosion smoke to see where to shoot) but I hope he enjoys the fact that he spent more than $20k to kill me! (Premium + rockets)

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Snackpack Backpack posted:

For anyone selling Rebels, there's a newer refined method.
Start by buying wheels>high-end>stock>shadow for around $8k
Buy musical horn 5 for free
Buy jazz loop horn for free
Sell for a little over $60k for $49k profit each time.

This doesn't seem to work for me as described on PS3 (I get charged for both horns) but if I just buy the wheels and then sell, it will still sell for ~$35k which means a ~$24k profit.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

geeves posted:

I thought that could be a possibility, but would they give chase once we're in the water? Probably and they probably swim really fast too. But you have to get in the building first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtImxGSAIug

If that happens, just have the Valkyrie pilot pick you up. I had to pick up our gunner (twice) from the parking lot because he inexplicably jumped out to join his buddies.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

rally posted:

There was indeed an update this morning. Rebel selling is gone - the sad trombone actually costs money now and even with it purchased the Rebel sells for 17k. Glad I got a million out of it at least.

Does purchasing stock rims still act like the chromes were purchased though? Or did they just fix the free horns?

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

geeves posted:

Probably fixed all of it. Reddit reports are saying gang cars are back to normal prices (~12k). Probably the same across the board.

Yeah I tested it out just now and confirmed it's fixed Don't have experience with the gang cars since I have a PS3 but that's too bad.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

gibbed posted:

Exploit that works post-patch: purchasing offroad stock Amazon rims will cause the SUV chrome Fagorme rims to be purchased as well, set to Fagorme for free after purchasing Amazon. ~$32k profit with Rusty Rebel.

Haha good grief, just tested it. I just filled my 3rd garage with high-value cars off the street to get some sort of emergency income, but I guess I'll replace all those with rebels and start adding wheels. Someone staying idle in his session forever!

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Songbearer posted:

Post your ugliest car

How about post your Kuruma?

Matte desert tan with offroad tires.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

My Casco mission was bugged the other day, and I tried moving to the train tunnels and that didn't seem to work, but by chance I pressed the triangle button, got out of the car, then got back in, and the vision cones started appearing.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Is there a new LSC wheel glitch? They seemed to fix the current glitch not by fixing the "buy wheel X, get unrelated wheel Y free" but my making "wheel Y" much cheaper, so the sell value drops. Chrome offroad wheels are mostly around $5K now. Other chrome wheels are still expensive.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Do static helicopters spawn during the final heist? I was in a group with fresh420prince and we could not finish it for the life of us - I went westward towards the freeway (you can see the boat on the map, so you don't really need to take Lester's route to get there) but tried as I did there's always one police car that smacks me, and even if you survive the fall, they'll shoot you. I should try harder on grabbing a car instead of the bike, but if I had access to a helicopter it would be incredible.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Sometimes I have seen the LLJK tag on a heist invite, but that's very rare. They should at least tell you if it's for the beginning of the heist or the final heist - and don't tell me the invite is for "Prison Break - Heist" and then send me to a cutscene where I've got "unfinished business".

I'm on PS3, and those videos posted above are confusing to me - why are there translucent players?

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Minigun shouldn't lose all the ammo upon dying, that was in Online for a while but they changed it. Now, if you do lose any minigun ammo, it's not enough to notice. What does suck when you die is grenade launchers. There's only 2 clips max and it's 10 shots each and you DO lose a clip there.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

What kind of loading times are we talking about on PC online? On my PS3, if I'm into an Invite Only session within 30 seconds (or a minute into a regular session) I'm happy. Is it that long, longer, or shorter?

I'm chuggin' along with a Q9400 and GTX 660 right now but I don't have the game yet. I should be upgrading in the next couple months.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Powershift posted:

buy cola, and set your quick action to drink cola. If you're using a controller, quick action is clicking both sticks.

Does it still work instantly doing it that way when you're in cover?

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Just got into the game for the first time on my Q9400/GTX 660 setup, it runs ok at 1920x1080. I'm not looking for 60FPS, I'd like at least 30 or so. Anyway, I transferred my character but the only vehicle not to come over was my armored Kuruma, which was the active vehicle when I left PS3 yesterday. A few weapons didn't carry over either.

I couldn't believe how fast the game loaded on my ancient setup! Loading into online wasn't bad either.

Fake edit: Before submitting the support request I decided to go back into online to see if maybe the car was at Mors (even though the mechanic didn't even have it in his list of cars) and it was there, along with all my weapons! Strange. My saved outfits didn't carry over though

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Someone found a way on PC to change your appearance after the change during transfer and after the "do you want to change your character's appearance, this is the only opportunity to do so". It requires a level 6+ alternate that hasn't done the latter appearance change. It makes to pull out your network cable when it asks you the question for your alt to make it think you're trying to change your main character's appearance after you reconnect. You'll lose any saved outfits after this (I recreated my saved outfits after the transfer didn't move them, but this second change also removed them)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxOpP1uw9Js

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Beware of a bug that will cause you to lose personal vehicles - last night while in my Kuruma I found one of those already-modded Sandkings that sell for about 17-18k in Sandy Shores, so I promptly sold it. I drove around the block causing it to respawn, so I decided to garage for later since it was bedtime for me. I put in my 3rd garage, log off and go to bed - this morning, I find out that the Sandking is now in my 1st garage taking up the spot previously occupied by the Kuruma!

This seems to be a widespread issue on PC because I see other people reporting it. Moral of the story - don't garage spawned vehicles until this is fixed.

I called Rockstar Support and explained my issue - they said I'd get an E-mail that I would reply to, to put the issue in writing and the guy said he'd have it resolved in an hour. So far, no E-mail, so I created an online ticket anyway. I'll probably call again at some point.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Looking for at least 2 people to trade rally wins with on PC, it'll just be Criminal Records so the second car doesn't need a navigator. Either that or 1 player to play slipstream leapfrog off of in a long race like The Commute or something. This is for unlocking colors. I'm HowiterExpGuy on Social Club.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

It tells me something about the iFruit app on my 5S when it takes longer to go from tapping the icon to get to its "home" screen than it does to click "Story Mode" and then see my SP character.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

I played for the first time in months last night (PC - HowitzerExpGuy) and was called a sociopath for bombing some guy's car after waiting for him to come out of LSC. He said he spent $50K on customizations but somehow failed to insure the vehicle. Am I still playing the game correctly?

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

The bunker upgrades at time of purchase, like the firing range, golf cart, etc. - can those be bought at another time? Do the options do anything besides cosmetic/convenience changes?

It's been a while since I've played and I'm not a member of a business or MC nor do I have a bunker. I like the bunker and the MOC. What's the best way to earn money for someone who doesn't have any of those things yet? I'm sitting on $6.7 million now but I want to save a bit more.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

I bought an Import/Export garage for the first time yesterday and sourcing cars has been lots of fun. I wish you didn't have to go back to your office each time, but my garage is at La Mesa and with a buzzard it's quick. My connection went kaput while delivering a pristine Omnis, which sucks, but it's great to be able to drive cars I can't yet afford, even for a few minutes. The X80 Proto was impressive, and if this link is anything to go by http://www.pcgamer.com/the-fastest-cars-in-gta-online/ I might just purchase it when I have the money. I forgot I still had a garage full of laundered Adders until yesterday, so I might just use a few of those to pad out my rainy day fund...

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Playing in public lobbies the last few days for the first time in a while is making me think the whole attitude towards playing has changed - I'm having my fun chasing cargos and bounties with a Buzzard or Hydra (sometimes unsuccessfully), or sniping people ad nauseum (I even sniped someone out of one of the new jets today) but it's like everybody just wants to be cool and grind for money. I kill people indiscriminately and they're like "really?" or "WTF is wrong with you" or "what did I do to you" but it's like nobody is playing the game to blow people up anymore. And that's sad.

Edit: My first experience with a yacht was when I swam up to someone else's, shotgunned them in the face (I think they were AFK?) and after they respawned I sliced them up with the rotors of their own helicopter. That was fun.

2nd Edit: VVVVVVV I'm on PC

HiriseSoftware fucked around with this message at Aug 31, 2017 around 20:51

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

If the new Rapid GT Classic doesn't have missile launchers and retractable outriggers then I'm not interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMqP7v0uSFU

Fake edit: Ok yeah I'll still buy it

Real edit: There should be a right-hand drive option at LSC. Just pay GTALondon$ and any applicable currency exchange fees!

HiriseSoftware fucked around with this message at Sep 12, 2017 around 21:45

• Locked thread