Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
How do I get in on this easy money malarkey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I'm starting to get quite annoyed with constant Invites to Siege Mentality. Anyone know how to get rid of those? I accepted a couple and played them, but they still come.

Also every time I finish a job or activity now it tells me I have unlocked the Los Santos Belle T-shirt. Every. Time.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

theguybro posted:

Did they give you some money so that you would buy the luxor deluxe if they could help you?

Isn't that what you're for?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I am totally down for guided/walking tours. When is this poo poo happening?

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 19, 2015

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Cardboard Box posted:

self radio has been a problem for a lot of people since launch, its a huge resource hog

Confirmed Self radio tanks my FPS as well. to the point that I no longer use it.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Shanakin posted:

Just walking along between missions and suddenly a golden jet flys over shoots homing fireworks at me that rain moneybags over my head wherever I go. At least I think that's what happened. Either way, I went from about $7,000 to three and half million in about 20s.

20, laggy, but visually spectacular, seconds.

So I joined the game to do my dailies and mess about a bit, and then like 5 mins later this was happening

And then it was decided by consensus that there weren't enough planes.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

UserErr0r posted:

Idea for free roam shenanigans: everyone find/buy a chopper (I'm not familiar with the motorcycles in GTA5), and ride around Los Santos as a MC. Chase down pubbies as a motorcycle gang, dick around with NPCs, or do our usual police-chase-to-airport-escape thing. Expect lots of deaths and faceplants.

Only if I can ride a sportbike because choppers are horrible.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

The hydra is fat and sloppy compared to the Lazer, i wish I could buy a Lazer. It's WAY nimbler.

Also, the main tip to getting out of the airbase is Stay Low. You want to skim the ground and just clear the fence. That one enclosed hangar is usually the best, a straight shot out of there will put you out over the swamp and then you can get away from the cops pretty easy by climbing. Point your nose at the sky and go straight up and the police choppers won't keep up.

Getting is in players choice really, anything works up to a point. Just hope to hell it doesn't spawn tanks at you or you'll be pretty boned.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Top Hats Monthly posted:

OsH has a surprise

A glorious, glorious surprise.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

OhsH posted:

gently caress you guys its not that great

Yes it is. Maybe you had to be there for some of it, but yes it goddamn is.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Pretty much all the music in GTAV sucks and I had to turn it off.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

UserErr0r posted:

Alternative idea:
One player (the robber) starts in the middle of the map (maybe on the hill with the radio tower and Vinewood sign) in a fast, durable car (but no kuruma or insurgent) with bulletproof tires.
Everyone else (the cops) starts on opposite corners of the map. At the same time, they all begin to pursue the robber. The cops shouldn't purposely kill each other. Whoever kills the robber first takes his place in the next round.
Neither side can use air vehicles, submarines, explosives, or armed vehicles.
Kind of like a cops and robbers mixed with smear the queer.

Also, back in SAMP there was a cops and robbers game mode, but it gave the robber the best car in the game and the cops the slow police cruisers. None of that poo poo. Fast cars for everyone.
And no cops becoming allies with the robber otherwise the other cops are free to use explosives.

This sounds like a neat idea. Maybe place a small bounty on the Robber so he's marked on the map?

E: Also can the robber ever "win"?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I met a pubbie hacker yesterday and hilarity happened. Here's a few snapshots I managed to catch of some of what went on -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLplxIi52xY

He was a pretty chill guy, just messing around not being a douche.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

This look familiar to anyone?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

This is how the Pacific Standard job SHOULD have been planned.

Lester should have included teleporting armoured cars in his thought process.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Independence day event ends on the 6th allegedly so stuff will probably be gone after that.

Also, Giovanni thought I was going to steal his vehicle and blow it up. That's boring, I said.

First try :c00l:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Well.

I have completed 8 weeks in a row of Daily objectives, for a total of $2,800,000 in reward money.

I think I'll stop now.

E: That's an average earning of 7.7 destroyed kurumas per day! :v:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I find a Prox Mine or two stuck directly above the outside of the doors of any store people are n works quite well too.

E:

AirRaid posted:

Well.

I have completed 8 weeks in a row of Daily objectives, for a total of $2,800,000 in reward money.

I think I'll stop now.

Ahahahaha, the day after I finish 2 months in a row, I get this -

gently caress you, tennis. :frogout:

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jul 5, 2015

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Anime_Otaku posted:

Does completing consecutive sets of daily objectives actually do anything for you beyond the usual$ 25k and however much RP you get?

It goes 25k Daily, 100k every 7th consecutive day, 500k every 28th consecutive day. There are awards ingame to track your first weekly/montly bonus.

So doing the 28 days will get you 1.4 mil in cash. You get similar RP increases as well (I think 15000RP for the weekly?) but I can't recall the exact figures.

Anime_Otaku posted:

Is it me or have they changed the roller coaster cars to a more patriotic colour scheme?

I can't remember what it was before but it's definitely stars and stripes now.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

FallinInTheBlak posted:

It's too bad that the game took away our hats and forced us to wear balaclavas when we got into the bank.

If you didn't immediately switch to an eagle mask you were doing it wrong.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Giovanni0109 posted:

This is why I play with goons. :allears:

I took some video of this as well apparently -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1yJIPcFsT8

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Can I get in on the provision of freedom?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Not A Bear posted:

from the money-raining-from-sky days

Oh you mean yesterday? :v:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

"GUYS! NEW HEIST! WE NEED TO GET THAT TRAIN"

And with those immortal words, TopHatsMonthly decided to chase after a train in a brown shitbox and try and defeat it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPhZxw1Wib0

Apparently the saved clips don't retain vehicle deformation, so here's a few screenshots to illustrate fully -

The Cabin doesn't deform, sadly

Note the position of the license plate

The trunk was so screwed up you could see the swingarms in the suspension working.

Well, this was inevitable.

Yes, yes he did.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I prefer the Bati801 for a motorbike. Same reasons that Nintendo kid posted for the Akuma.

hagie posted:

Ok question:

How is the marksman pistol against karumas?

It fires Bullets. The Kuruma is Bullet-Proof. Do the math.

Dick Trauma posted:

Which one of you popped out of the car upside down and stuck to the front of the train like a bug on a windshield?

I want to say that was Ohsh.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Anecdotal evidence:

I haven't really noticed much of a performance hit at all, apart from the hilariously broken Ammu-nation problem. In general play the game both looks and performs how it did before as far as I can tell.

Single GTX970, btw.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

Eh I wouldn't say that. One of my races, the barriers I put across the freeway that perfectly prevented cars from spawning on the racing areas on the 360 don't do jack to prevent that on the Xbox One due to changes in how those work.

You can literally set traffic to off in the editor options.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

UserErr0r posted:

Airraid and I did stuff. He'll post a video later if he has decent clips, but here's a summary:

Up yours Danger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h70u2Ny0emk

A lot of the clips I took ended up being garbage, including a lot of the ones where I faceplanted the floor in hilarious style :( The game doesn't record death in Online very well.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

Yeah, I just got "Fly under a bridge in an air race" and some other bullshit. The other day I got "Participate in a game of darts" and it took half an hour to find someone, but at least I could select it in the menu.

Speaking of rally, I still haven't unlocked those paint jobs.

You can do the darts objective on your own.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Yeah you can completely disable the notifications for game invites. They will still appear in the phone menu they just won't pop up all over the screen.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Breaking News: Pubbie gives actual good advice.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Floppychop posted:

With how Rockstar thinks cars are supposed to handle with rain (like glare ice with zero traction). I'm terrified of how the driving mechanics would be with snow.

Play the start of the SP game and find out? (it's not particularly slippery at all actually)

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

FuturePastNow posted:

So it turns out that if you take an otherwise stock Hearse, put a remote detonator bomb in it, and park it by a church, people will get in it and drive away because they want a Hearse. Best to let them get within sight of a Pay & Spray or garage before popping them.

Oh man that is evil, I love it.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you couldn't apply explosives to a tracked vehicle? And if you do apply explosives it tells you you will no longer be able to modify it at all. I think bomb planted vehicles are treated as purely disposable.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Tony Montana posted:

Please tell me what the best parts of the game are. I'm new and don't have your obvious experience

Hanging out with goons and doing utterly retarded poo poo.

Examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPhZxw1Wib0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeMerxHHbL8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h70u2Ny0emk

(2 are mine cos I couldn't find others right away)

You don't even need loads of money or hugely fancy cars to do this! We usually end up piling into one or two vehicles anyway.

Also, if you're low level and a poor and you want something fancy like a hydra or a tank, hanging with goons and just asking will probably get you one to borrow.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

El Duderino posted:

I'm very new to gta 5 online, just got it for the pc actually after playing the hell out of single player on the 360. Some knob is driving around in a somewhat invisible sports car and I don't seem to be able to blow him up and he kept killing me. This a hacker I'm assuming? I need to look into joining goons, playing solo online is pretty lame with other players like this...

Yeah this happens a bunch. You can normally just go into passive yourself to stop it. Head over to the Crew thread and get yourself a goon tag. And get on Mumble! Camping the Stairs details are in PGS.. All the cool shenanigans go down there. And some less cool shenanigans, admittedly.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Hey dudes. PC sunday sometime around 2:00 PM CST (I've got testing and such Friday-Saturday), I want to do another car show near the mansion courtyard again. I want a car from

God loving dammit TopHats if you were planning this 3 hours later I'd be able to do it. I'm at work til 4CST :(

All the cool stuff always happens too early or too late for me.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Anime_Otaku posted:

So I just decided to get a Panto, paint it yellow, put on some of the carbon body mods, pink rims that are sort of flowery shape looking and the "flight of the bumblebee" horn. It's kinda funny I think, I'm easy amused though, should I get yellow neons too?

Panto crew represent

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

UserErr0r posted:

I'm trying to set "poorboy" on my Rhapsody, but the GTAO section of my garage only lists 9 cars (out of 30), which excludes the Rhapsody.

The GTAO section shows approximately the last 10 cars you have driven. To get the rhapsody to show up, pull it out of the garage and drive it for a few seconds then let the app refresh and it'll be in the list somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

So I'm working on a new stunt/dumbshit video. Here's a small teaser -

• Locked thread