Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
So what's the verdict on heists? I haven't touched it since the money bug was still a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I'm getting a weird rear end issue where after I was given a chance to change my character's appearance (which I modified) it will be the original appearance in mission mode but the changed version in free roam. Is this a known thing?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Is anyone else using a DS4 for this? I know at one point I was able to use it to fly planes but lately I've been unable to get it to work for some reason. I use Xinput Mapper (version 1.22 I think?) and I know the ds4 is reading because I tested in Dark Souls 2 and also when I press the the ps4 home button it shows an xbox controller logo. Any ideas?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I bookmarked the drag race a goon made in malibu (forget game name). Was there a link for all the goon made custom maps? I wasn't seeing it in the OP

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

did you know: you can bank money using your phone via Maze's website?

some goons are still shamefully dodging gunfire to get to ATMs

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Atlas Moth posted:

The Kuruma is ridiculously strong. You'll be able to solo pretty much anything as long as you're able to stay in your car. It's practically a tank.

also if you want something with more anti-explosive armor get an Insurgent, it will literally take a rocket point blank. I don't remember how many it can take. The windows are really susceptible to getting you killed though, so it's a pro and con situation vs the kuruma

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Whats the current record time for race trading? Bigwigge made a GTA race that you can do in like 24 seconds

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Btw if anyone wants to grind races, here's the one Bigwigge made that I mentioned, you can average about 24 seconds, maybe more if you have a custom supercar

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/Bigwigge/games/gtav/jobs/job/xaYYEtjQF06No13jGGlBXA?platformId=8

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

texasmed posted:

I always forget to equip my bulletproof helmet :smith:

"forgot to select player saved outfits for this pacific van job on hard mode"

"we'll be okay"

5 deaths later :suicide:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Jose Mengelez posted:

hire mercs to distract him if you don't want to waste 6k onthe insurance.

mercs cost 7500 :engleft:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

true satisfaction is killing your enemy and then pulling up a car next to his and lighting that proxy car on fire so it blows up his car without making you pay for his insurance

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

at least that's fun, nothing is worse than being forced to do a 1 on 1 capture with someone just to do it, Rockstar really didn't think their matchmaking system through. It's almost as esoteric as Dark Souls sometimes

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

join titan job, put us in the drat ocean. what. the. gently caress.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Songbearer posted:

Guess they wanted you to steal the Titanic instead :haw:

They really should have a cruise heist since payday doesn't have one

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I am pulling my goddamn hair out trying to get gold on flight school moving landing. I can't even get silver because of these goddamn pc controls. Doesnt help that there's no actual strafe so getting parallel to the truck and road is like eye surgery

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

I'm using one and still haven't managed to even silver it. gently caress Flight School.

I pretty much brute forced the landing and got lucky, by lucky I mean after 50 tries you are bound to do it right once.

Collect Flags though :suicide:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

I haven't reached that yet because I keep wiping out at the wind farm in Low Flying or whatever the gently caress it's called. And yes, I've tried lowering the landing gear.

At least the one in San Andreas was relatively easy once you figured out the trick.

:rant:

apparently you can just turn around if you miss them on Low Flying since it's not timed. Honestly at some point it just clicks

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Which contract job is the most profitable to farm solo with a Kuruma?

Titan? Either that or Gerald missions like Violent Duct which are faster

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Nintendo Kid posted:

Protip: you can go into passive mode while in the tank and still crush all cars except other players, and the car crushing barely touches engine health.

will indirect explosions kill them? I heard one removed wont but 2 will

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Nintendo Kid posted:

Yeah 2+ removed will kill them but it's super hard to set that up.

I did have a situation where a dude was going into passive and hid in the vinewood hills so I him had staying in place but because I kept dying to cops before I could figure out how to get them to kill him or blow up some cars nearby I just couldnt do it. Wondering if a tank and 5 stars might help

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Loten posted:

This sounds hilarous - how are you managing it? Are the SAM sites not a problem?

I would imagine flying low would work but I have no idea where a long enough strip of land could be found

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

Taking the western highway on the pacific standard heist is so much easier than the cluster gently caress of a route Lester gives you it's absurd.

I assume you are referring to the four oh five

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I'm a foxy redhead in game but my name is Hisdudeness so I dont get marriage proposals

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Powershift posted:

As long as you're below the light towers, while you're over the prison, you're good as far as i can tell.

Also, rashovsky won't get in anything until all the dudes are dead, i guess. i can land the heli in the prison right beside him during the firefight, and he just keeps shooting the guys instead of leaving.

still, using the heli to take out noose makes it a super easy job.

We've never tried that because "you get shot down"

:negative:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

join the goon mumble, it's the place to ask for daily trades and also race trades and heist trades

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Zeratanis posted:

So how to people go about actually getting together and gunning down any fool who isn't us? Hell I'm honestly at a loss at what to do in general starting out. Still really new to the game (rank 4) and just got into LLJK. Anyone I try to fight instantly blows me up.

Though somewhat funny thing, noticed one of our own near someone who killed him a few times, go to back him up, he shoots at me and I'm forced to retreat as said guy guns him down. :ohdear: I then die instantly after whiffing 2 near point blank shots. :downsgun:

e; - ^ oh yeah I guess mumble is a thing.

when you reach a higher level you get grenades and remote bombs, it's not terribly high. A lot of people have this car

which makes you nigh impervious to bullets so if you see one with those windows your odds of killing the driver are very slim (not impossible but slim)

keep in mind if you blow up someone's personal car and it is insured, you will have to pay for it, which is a real bitch esp in the beginning when you are saving money. There's an indirect way to blow up their cars which wont charge you but it requires having access to it bc they arent around to drive it. You put another car next to it and light it on fire.

There's also a workaround to getting weapons you arent high enough level to buy. If you collect them in Survival or any deathmatch type games they will let you keep it for the duration of your session.

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 07:32 on May 12, 2015

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

go to M and then go to "request personal vehicle". If it's not in your garage then call the Mors insurance company

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

vug posted:

made a new dude

the "injured" facial expression is unexpectedly useful to make you look inbred
in a way a wood panelled station wagon is more practical because it's got 4 seats but can't compete with a duneloader with a load of junk in the back for having "the look"

as i thought though, levelling a new character is a completely pointless hardship and about all alts are good for is different player profiles on the same account

McConnaughey only drives lincolns :colbert:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Snakes in a can posted:

Thanks Pound_coin

If anyone needs a hearse i am usually online from 6pm gmt+10. (au)
poke me or someone when i am on the mumble.

oh man I wonder if you can get a pic of anita sarkeesian as a crew logo

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

At what point does this happen, because I've been spending money as fast as I get it. I have a high-end apartment, garage is almost full of cars, fully-stocked weapon wheel and full ammo, a bunch of clothes... but then I got the pre-order bonus too so mileage may vary.

yeah, same. But I imagine someone who doesn't know how to grind "properly" will take a while to get to their first mil

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

Then buy cheaper cars :colbert:

buying cheaper cars is a bad idea since it always leads to regret when you want something more armored/faster. Unless there's some novelty value to it.

Like a clown car full of goons that you drive off a cliff

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

vug posted:

6-8 man contact missions are quite lucrative and the easier ones can be soloed

and if you keep them going you usually start just outside the first objective

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Brosnan posted:

She's cool and makes dumb nerds really, really mad.

There's hobestly a nice rush to having a bounty on your head but constantly trying to jack cars until you get one is tedious and asking Goons to do it costs money

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Wee Bairns posted:

New players have no idea how good they have it as compared to console launch. It was a complete disaster. Sure, it's still wonky as gently caress, and even so is still a hundred times better than the early days.

drat kids get off mah lawn...

Remember when passive meant you couldn't be shot by someone but they could just blow you up?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

I'm sorry, but you're now the Thomas Friedman of computer game opinions.

On that note, I just managed to complete Low Flying with SILVER by following the advice someone posted to feather the air brake. It was a zen moment. Of course, it was followed immediately by Collect Flags and gently caress that poo poo. :suicide:

For flags I generally followed a circular pattern, ensuring to collect the ones along the rim, sorta spiralling towards the center of the city. The tough part is gathering all the flags on the same levels since the ones on the ground will have you dodging skyscrapers. Bronze is actually easy enough because you aren't timed, just gotta get them all. Eventually it will click if you are doing it enough times for that gold

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

is hydra basically chopper controls or can you actually switch it to "jet" mode besides hovering fwd like a chopper

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

yeah I read somewhere Hydra was a faster lazer and was wondering what green they were smoking

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

there just needs to be more spawn locs for aircraft. Going between Sandy airfield and the southernmost tip of the loving island is retarded especially when I have to pay these fuckers to deliver my own plane that I bought with money

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

do you actually get RP for killing red pubs, or is that still broke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

They should have just put helipads on top of each highrise apartment, would have saved aggravation.

naw that would be too easy

in al honesty there would probably be helipad trolls camping the penthouse roof

• Locked thread