Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

fyodor posted:

i put a prox mine in driveway of the downtown lsc and not 5 minutes pass when some pubby drives in a gang car he stole.

i have never, ever, ever in my life heard someone scream like he did into the public voice chat lobby thing. holy god. he carried-on for another 5 minutes then ragequit.

I had thought about doing this down on the docks where you deposit the HPVs for Simeon, but this is much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

I live in the DFW area and there's about an inch of sleet on the ground so work is canceled

As a result I had time to put together this clip video of me performing like rear end in a race from last night or the night before (I forget):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMg9MyB0vIY

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

BitBasher posted:

You might really, really benefit from changing your car camera from Low to High. I don't know anyone that prefers Low after they know High is a thing.

I'll have to gently caress with it but I feel like I either had a harder time driving with it set to high, or it's the other way around, you're right, and that glitch that sometimes happens where all the settings get reverted happened and I forgot to flip that switch again.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Jonesy posted:

Got dropped from the session, calling it a night. Poot, mustard, brightman, geeves et al good killing tonight. Sorry about the friendly fire, as applicable.

I think at last count I was up 14 to 11 on that yazed fucker

I think most of us decided to call it quits around that time or a bit after.

Duke Chin posted:

Much like the world of San Andreas: property crime is way the gently caress up where I live. Fuckin' sucks. Piece of poo poo pried the gently caress out of my back window and hopped in.
Time to go changing all passwords, etc etc.

Shoot many white all dots for me in the meantime, goons.

This loving sucks, I guess if we see you, we should shoot on site until further notice and maybe inform you or the authorities maybe (doubt they'll actually give a gently caress in that scenario).

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Me and a friend were playing around late last night/early morning and came across a few guys that were a little off. Started with one hitting me with a cop car while I was trying to snipe another guy on the beach, so we started killing him and his friend, they were dumb, so we got like 20 kills to their 3 or there abouts, and one put a bounty on my friend for 9k. My friend found a decent spot to hide and shoot people, and I covered him, the second guy kept texting me and my friend to leave him alone despite his repeated attempts to collect the bounty. Eventually I line up a shot on my friend to cap him and give him the bounty money, but the second guy manages to get the kill a moment before my bullet hits his now lifeless dome.

At that point a crate drops, it's in the middle of the desert far from the pier where we were, but no one is near it, so I steal a helicopter and fly out there, that guy shows up and starts a shoot out with me over the crate. He continues to text me stuff like "leave me alone" and "f off", I get the crate, and then blast him away with the minigun in it a few times. So we decide "gently caress this guy" and get a Buzzard and chase him around the map for while, eventually following him home. Where we precede to just ding dong ditch him repeatedly for the hell of it, and because no one else is in the lobby. Right before we decide to stop and do other things he lets my friend in.

They drank a bunch, the guy changed clothes, then he got in bed. My friend did the "shh" gesture over him a bunch, got a text about being "creepy", and then ate all of his snacks and drinks to litter up the guy's apartment. Sent me this screenshot of the result:

We would've let things be long before this if he hadn't continued to both gently caress with us and also texted us to stop messing with him. I'm guessing they don't know what passive mode is or something. We then started some missions and invited them along, so I feel like it's a wash between childish pettiness and helping them get like 60k in half an hour or whatever.

Edit: We ended the night with me in a tank and my friend flying it around with a cargo bob. Was impossible to aim with all the swinging around but I managed to get at least two pubbie kills with it and noticeably panic some others. Took them a lot longer than we anticipated to get a lock on the cargo bob and ground the tank...on a roof.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

I have a bug in my game that Google yielded nothing on: every time I switch from online back to single player using the character select wheel, no matter which character I pick, it loads me as Michael. Anyone have any ideas? I loving hate Michael. This is on Xbone.

I keep getting Franklin. As for a solution, hold down and select Franklin or Trevor and endure the some 10 seconds or whatever it takes to switch.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

I think if everyone had radar off you'd still run into fuckers all the time downtown. Go out to Blaine county and you'd probably have to try to spot someone else, but it's probably not too hard to notice someone since none of us are acting like NPCs unlike people playing W_D pvp.

Mice Everywhere posted:

This would be great because police shootouts would be a giant "poo poo going down" beacon that gets crazier as more players gravitate towards it. It might even be...fun?

I really love how this happens already, like I'm not constantly paying attention to the radar sometimes and suddenly I realize there's a LOT of cops doing poo poo like a block or two over. Also anytime you're driving around and you hear far off explosions, just random things that remind you of the inherent chaos factor the game possesses.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

titties posted:

6 months ago I made a vow that when I finally got GTA on P$4 I would never play in anything other than 1st person. It is a blast and also insanely difficult.

I'd probably recommend using the independent cameras and setting maybe the helicopters to 3rd person, but if you're going to be really gun-ho about this and not break said vow, then be prepared to make use of the cinematic camera button more than ever before just to try and figure out wtf your car is stuck on. Also useful for jet races when the checkpoints get all weird. I say this as someone who spent the first couple months of this game locked in 1st person for the hell of it.

Also if you're still doing poo poo like an hour or two after that event's start I'll probably join you and whoever else.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Pleads posted:

That requires finishing each heist, in order, without a death, on hard mode.

So uhhh..... good fuckin luck.

Yeah, probably not a good thing to rely on, unless you're relying on it for comedic value when watching youtube videos of a group having one fucker die at the finish line of this.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Policenaut posted:

God drat there's an achievement for beating a heist finale without taking damage?

Hmm, I wonder if there's optional ways to do each heist like in the campaign, so maybe like "smart" or "quiet" approaches that make some poo poo like that easier to pull off.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Reverse Centaur posted:

I (leidend) had fun times with Brightman completing many missions last night until we dared add more than four people to our game and the server shat itself.

Who is Brightman

I am. You have drat near the same paint job as I do for your Zentorno which caused some slight confusion at one point. Was a fun time, those two pubbies weren't absolutely terrible, but yeah, that got bad as soon as we got pulled into that big race.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

This was from a few nights ago while we were doing a bunch of Geeves races. Featuring my mediocre driving and my dumb voice minus the rest of the party's audio (this should be easier/actually possible to implement dammit):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NNTjTuQv0E

BitBasher posted:

If that's true gently caress R* Right square in their ear. Those game modes are horrible.

I've noticed they seem to push those modes whenever there's a double rp/cash playlist thing going on too

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

geeves posted:

Mine says it's set to record my voice, but it never does. I just realize my races usually end up like that blue dot rube goldberg mega posts from GBS. My POV is also lacking. I would like to see Mr_Dread's from last night tho. Just seeing a random explosion high up in the air, he must have done something quite spectacular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGYepAZ7Ijg

Haha, forgot it was you I ramped.

The audio recording thing is weird, it should record it for you, but you have to set it in like devices or some crap. Based on discussion in the PS4 thread if it's just set in the party you created then I think that just let's the party audio get captured for a stream, but not for a straight up capture. So you'd have to stream it to twitch with archive on, then export that to youtube through whatever means, and edit it there. Or we could just use the in-game chat system and then it should capture it but it'd be a lot quieter. Best option is probably to continue not caring.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

titties posted:

Unless it secretly records and stores video (which it might, idk) I don't have anything. If you're talking about when I suicided during that race, I don't have any idea what caused it. I wasn't more than a couple of feet off the pavement then, though.

I can't even select the option to allow mine to record. I'm using a Yeti USB mic, which the playstation sees as a headset. I have to set all audio to go through the headset and use a workaround to get it to output through the monitor. For some reason this greys out the "allow my voice to be recorded" thing.

Is that in the party chat options? Cause that's not that option....looking into it the option isn't where I thought it was: Share button > Options button > Share Settings > Video Clip Settings > Check "Include Microphone Audio in Video Clip". Some have said there's an option in Broadcast settings that'll let you be recorded for a party, but it sounds like it needs to be streamed, but it can also be captured normally while streaming, so that's sorta convoluted.

Fake edit: Apparently everyone needs to opt-in in those party settings since it's illegal in some places to record other people's voices without consent and that's why this is a mess.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

titties posted:

Yeah, even after checking Include Microphone under video clip settings and broadcast settings, as well as allowing party chat to be recorded under broadcast settings, I still can't opt-in under party settings. Apparently you do have to actually be streaming before that option is available, so it probably isn't actually my mic.

Well with those settings your voice should still come through on anything you record, but yeah, looks like the only "fix" for this is to have the party owner streaming on low quality to alleviate any lag, and have everyone opt-in. I think that'll let the party owner save videos with everyone talking but others wouldn't be able to, so it's still sorta poo poo, but I don't think it's anything we explicitly need right now even though I'm pretty sure most of us would have it on if it was a simple option to just let anyone record your voice in any manner.

Also I'll be down for heists tomorrow assuming they're working at all. Otherwise I'll probably be playing Hotline Miami 2 or something in the likely event the servers poo poo themselves.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

geeves posted:

R* quietly updated their newswire with requirements for heists.

Whoa, what? The Heist Leader needs to have purchased a $1.25mil Shark Card? WTF?

Edit: The newswire doesn't mention that now and/or I am a gullible asshat.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

I'll be on after work around 6pm cst every night through Friday, I have some family crap going on all weekend though, so if there's some of you that would like to knock out the heists this week with me that'd be great.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Powershift posted:

Instant fail stealth section, only there's 4 people and it doesn't say who failed it.

That is rough as poo poo, drat.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Patch Notes posted:

-Fixed an issue where players were able to wear a Mask and a Bulletproof Helmet at the same time
-Players can now buy and save up to 30 personalised licence plates for their stored GTA Online vehicles via the iFruit App.

I have a friend that's gonna be mildly pissed about that first one and I'm really wondering about that "buy" part of the second one. Like if it's in game money to buy the plates for the cars, okay, but if I have to pay a few bucks to have more plates then gently caress it.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm in LLJK on PS4 already, but if any goons want to get some heists going later on today/tonight, send me a friend request. I have a mic

PSN: Whodares86

Also, can you own more than one apartment now?

You can own three. I have 2 apartments and a separate garage.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Aardmania posted:

I just tried it on the PS Vita version of iFruit. It charged me $100k for a new plate?!?

That's pretty steep, but I might end up paying it after getting some decent heist payouts.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Me, Craptacular, and RadValtar are trying to start up the second heist chain right now and we need a fourth. We're trying to coerce some goons in other parties but if someone wants to join us that's not online that'd help.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Shachi posted:

I'm DarkBlue145 on PS4. Looking for some bros. haven't gotten crew invite yet.

Sorry but Craptacular split off and we joined BitBasher and someone else. Second heist setup is real deal setup stuff, kinda cool.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Rad Valtar posted:

Me, BitBasher, Brightman and another guy just did all the setup and the second heist and it took around 3 hours with about 3 or 4 restarts.

Was a fun time.

Pro tip: If you're the pilot just follow behind the jets and they can't shoot you, in theory if you do that demolitions wouldn't have to do next to anything but might as well blow them up. The inside of the prison part sounds hectic.

The key is to load up on snacks and extra body armor for most of this. Watched a stream of some stoner bros trying to get the 10 million bonus, the final mission for the prison break had like three die rapid fire. Their reactions were pretty great.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

omg chael crash posted:

That car mission for the first heist is actually pretty tough. Gang members showing up and blasting you every time you chill out and attempt to hide from the police.

Yeah, the best way to do that one seems to be to drive like hell and not shoot at anyone to avoid getting a wanted level ever. Extra armor and snacks might be required in case the gang cars spawn right in front of you causing you to ram them and get shot up.

Question: Is it possible to re-host a heist? Do we know that yet or is it like a one-and-done kind of thing and heists will only last as long as we have someone who hasn't hosted them yet?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

MrLonghair posted:

Yup, call Lester.

Ziploc posted:

You can call Lester to replay heists.

This is good news, now all we need is the ability to make heist playlists so we don't have to scramble each time trying to get back into sessions between setup missions.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Ziploc posted:

It's pretty quick, since the organizer can fast travel back to his apartment and get the next job going.

Maybe it's just the servers getting hammered that's making it seem super annoying.

HiriseSoftware posted:

Dammit I killed myself when I parachuted into the rocks at the end of Prison Break! Heist failed

I landed on the rocks and had to carefully find a way down to the beach. It's kinda cool how much tension these can add.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Pleads posted:

Been running Rebel cash during slowdowns at work, what's the best way to launder this? Adders?

I'd say probably expensive poo poo you want. Like the armored Kuruma or the various attack helicopters or Hydra.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Can we just start measuring things in Rebels? It's better.

"I want an insurgent, but it's 20 rebels."

Re: the prison heist for anyone having trouble inside. The best strategy we found last night is to keep the plane and the demo right at the air strip and between jets spawning, I'd stay at the border of the prison and lock on to anyone outside on the grounds. It seemed to make a noticeable difference to the ground team. Just don't get in too close--you'll get rocketed out of the sky.

I'm not following I think. When we did that I was the Pilot and me and the Demo figured out the jets pretty quick and I was always able to land the plane in the airfield before the prisoner and guard got back no problem. Plane follows behind jets, demo blows them up with the Buzzard, rinse repeat until the ground crew comes out of the prison and then the jets go away.

Wait, are you saying the demo should clean up at the prison while waiting for jets? In that case just have the pilot follow one jet and do that the whole time.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Slim Killington posted:

I'll probably never buy one, what does pressing the right d-pad do?

Switches between hover and regular jet mode.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

I think we need to make a Rockstar Support Ticket regarding the Flare Gun: "20 rounds isn't enough, I have to stop every ten minutes or so to get more flares, please up the number to at least 100."

The few moments after we leave an ammunation and all get into an armored car to go look for pubbies is always a magical, flare-filled time. Looks like loving carnivale coming down the street in an assault vehicle that is incredibly broken. The number of times a pubbie has tried to blow up my Insurgent while it's bearing down on them and the explosion kills them instead is approaching the dozens.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

I've noticed more WEZL vans while driving the Insurgent, might've been a coincidence. Went on a rampage in the Insurgent with a few goons a couple nights ago, got it stuck behind a house in Vinewood Hills and it ended up getting impounded when the cops shot me. This happened while I was stealing one of those vans to go get the Insurgent back from the impound lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQAVNOeYmLk

Really wish I had a video of a multi-colored flare firing vehicle flying down the boulevard but I forgot to save that video I guess. Also my count for pubbies that have tried to blow up the Insurgent only to get squashed by it or blown up by their own poo poo in the process is nearing 30. You can really sense the desperation they have after they've already hit you with a few rockets and you're still coming. One guy did set a trap once, was doing stuff in a parking garage and when I followed him in there were several remote mines awaiting me. Congratulations! You get to pay the 16k deductible, good job!

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Reverse Centaur posted:

Wait, we can customize insurgents? I figured no because you have to order them by phone every time.

I bought an armored kuruma and put $80k chrome rims on it. Wasn't a big fan of the car's look at first but several hundred thousand dollars made it look mint.

There's an Insurgent for like half the cost that doesn't have a turret that you keep in your garage and can mod.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Rad Valtar posted:

Brightman decides the road isnt good enough for him and Bisticlz and me try to help him out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STj6rPOlYWU

Yeah, I still feel bad about that. I was tired and also looking behind me to see if Bisticlz made the sharp turn. It does look like I decided "gently caress this road" at the last moment, ah well.

edit:

Rad Valtar posted:

stupid drivers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJEUbN1RRmI

And lastly me and Bisticlz decide to use bikes as ramps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C7DV_57S7M
Observant goons will notice that I'm driving the Technical in these, also if I had had a better view of those motorcycle ramps I would've been really nervous, drat. Ending out the heist all Michael Bay like.

Brightman fucked around with this message at Mar 18, 2015 around 18:22

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Rad Valtar posted:

That heist was pretty meh so we had to spice it up ourselves.

When you think about it the heist itself is really all the setup missions. I particularly liked the first one with the yacht, but even then at least 2 of those were basically copies of story missions.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

This is a kickass idea

Yeah, it sure was.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

It took me for-fuckin-ever to successfully land that dirtbike jump but I was thinking a different train heist that isn't a repeat of the story mode one would be dope--it seems like a waste to have a bunch of things in the game (the cable cars, the train, a bunch of places in Blaine County and elsewhere) that are awesome but barely use them

Yeah true, maybe we'll get lucky (we won't) and they'll add in a heist editor for the game. Then we can rob the other Fleeca branches and maybe a train or a bus...a bus robbery, that'd be...dumb...that'd be dumb. Really a normal train robbery would be these days, who the gently caress rides the train?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Need 2 for the last 2 Prison Heist setups and the heist proper, join the party I'm in or whatever.

Edit: Also here's a video of some of the worst lag I've experienced:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZgN3QhO2MQ

Brightman fucked around with this message at Mar 19, 2015 around 02:00

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Rad Valtar posted:

Pro tip: listen during the heist set up so when you are driving your navigator friend around and the mission is to photograph some license plates you don't slam into the truck on purpose thinking you need to hijack it because you are to busy in your tablet.

Also listen so you know that even though there's a team of navigators and a team of drivers, the teams are in fact a pair of each. Both navigators getting in one car and driving around does nothing but confuse and frustrate everyone, although you can laugh about it after the fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

geeves posted:

The drivers should just sit back and have a smoke and a beer. Just let the navigators go out to find the trucks. Once you know where they are it's really easy.

I guess you can have the trackify app open and drive at the same time? Or just use voice chat for it, the arrows only work if it's navigator/driver, and only seem to be necessary when everyone's multi tasking it to get it done faster. Otherwise there's a lot of yelling and drivers following the wrong navigator's directions.

Another thing that happened during that: one of the vans t-boned us while we were looking for it because we ran a red, whoops.

Edit: Or yeah, just go to where they always spawn.

• Locked thread
«2 »