Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Where the gently caress did my Christmas onesie and antlers go?!?!?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Kelly posted:

So my gingerbread mask is going to be gone? Laaaaame. I haven't played since early last week - I didn't get to enjoy it enough.
Considering it was down for most of the free time people had during the holidays, nobody did. I'd take fun costumes and awesome snow over not having them for another 12 months for 3 days. Come on, Rockstar.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

titties posted:

E: Are you guys still wearing your ugly sweaters and santa hats irl when you go to work and poo poo?
No but I don't run around punching pedestrians and lighting their corpses on fire, either.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Policenaut posted:

Y'all on PS4 need to go into Share options and enable your voice to come in on recordings.

This has to be done each time a new broadcast is started in a party, doesn't it?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Ohhh. Different than broadcasting voice when someone is streaming Twitch, maybe.

e: There doesn't appear to be a global setting for this, that I can find. Would be nice to turn on and forget for all future multiplayer games.

Pleads fucked around with this message at Jan 11, 2015 around 23:35

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

drat did I miss more MP. I added a few peeps but y'all need to send off a bat signal in the thread when it kicks off. PSN: Pleads32

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

gileadexile posted:

Already WEZL, but would it be considered bad form to ask for friend requests to fellow goons?

BOOM

(*disclaimer: a goon-made batch friend request app thing that requires your PSN login)

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

SplitSoul posted:

Is 360 just totally deserted or what? It's been almost impossible to find missions and even races lately and it takes ages.

XBL is currently being hit by a DDoS, if you mean really recently. Otherwise, no idea.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Kelly posted:

YES...my GTA character will be able to live in fear of tree nuts the way I do!

New melee weapon: jar of peanut butter. Only effective against 5% of players.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

That requires finishing each heist, in order, without a death, on hard mode.

So uhhh..... good fuckin luck.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I should be on in the next hour or so once I get the work done from my working from home. Have mic, listen to directions, and haven't played in a couple months

PS4 PSN: Pleads32

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Slim Killington posted:

How are people even online, I just get slapped back out for even trying

I got in on PS4 but nobody in the server has any guns and I can't talk to Lester or any ammunation vendors.

It's really weird, a server of like 15 people and nobody shooting... so weird...

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I was receiving invites but my buddy isn't getting any of mine. Curse you, not 100% functioning thing we waited a year and a half for!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Feenix posted:

I think he's stoned, to boot.

It's been 15 minutes.

It's literally just playing... snake. Or tron. It's a game that has been around for 30 years.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Free horn seems to work for the Rusty Rebel, but I can't save to rockstar servers so it won't let me buy new ones or sell my second one.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I dropped $100k of rebel cash on shirts today. Not a sound investment, but now I can switch from casual to business-casual at the drop of a hat!

Also got the armored first-heist car and a buzzard, slightly more tangible assets.

e: then I idled out by accident and can't get online again.

Pleads fucked around with this message at Mar 11, 2015 around 22:21

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Been running Rebel cash during slowdowns at work, what's the best way to launder this? Adders?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Brightman posted:

I'd say probably expensive poo poo you want. Like the armored Kuruma or the various attack helicopters or Hydra.

I grabbed a Buzzard, the armored Kuruma, and 100k in shirts. The rest I just want to make sure sticks around for when I do eventually unlock all the other fun heist stuff.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I logged in today and went afk while it loaded online. Lester loving calls you every 45 seconds if you don't answer him. Endlessly. And he bitches about being needed after the first heist

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Tried getting through the first heist with a host who had a newborn to take care of. 60 minutes in the first setup mission due to various baby delays, then he bailed on the final "just drive back to your house" at the end. Reset everything.

So uhhh... PS4 looking for a heist. PSN: Pleads32

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Hahaha, goddamn

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The Armored Kurama(sp) is so good I just counter-trolled someone by continually running over his proxy mines outside my apartment and racking up $6500 premiums each time until he stopped. Having the apartment right near Mors Mutual made it a very quick turnaround.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I'm hosting the Prison Break on PS4 if anyone wants to join in. I've done it all before so it'll be an easy set up/heist, I just want to get it cleared so I can host the next heist.

PSN Frontlinekhan

Off chance this hasn't filled up I'd be down, send a friend request.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Armored Kurama counter-trolling continues to own. Someone stole the "destroy this car" (it was a scooter) while in passive so I just chased them around for 10 minutes until they fell off. I hit them so hard the scooter exploded, too, so I paid $200 for killing a person in passive mode, but got $2000 for blowing up the target car.

In other news, passive players should not be allowed to drive the target car.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Lyer posted:

Anyone interesting in doing the 4th heist today at 1pm pst? I'm Lyer007 on the PS4. I've never done this one, so we'll probably need mics and poo poo.

1. Me
2. LexykXV

I'd like to get in on this but I might not be available until 1:30 or so. If you don't end up filling up, PSN is Pleads32. I can send a quick message when I get on to see where things stand.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Scyron posted:

Getting $25k now for my dailies. Much better than the $3K I was getting. I am wondering if it is because I have a 9 day streak going.

What platform? It's always been $25k with 3000 RP on PS4

e: Just had to install an update, no idea what changed.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

You're fired, internet!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

If I hosted a heist and we went through a few setups but then stopped, I can't join other heists without losing my heist progress and the buy-in, right?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

cka posted:

your progress saves, but you'll ruin the do-them-in-order and other challenges (which don't particularly matter anyway)

Oh, ok. Sweet.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Weird, daily objectives haven't updated yet...

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Good lord, kill a reveal player is the worst objective because it means going in to the sack of poo poo tryhard world that is GTA Online Deathmatch. Holy christ what a lovely world to live in.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Keep in mind you'll end up with 2 lovely daily objectives that suck and take a lot of time and you'll say gently caress it and miss them and reset your progress.

Find some daily buddies and help each other out, you can do basically everything (in an absolute fraction of the time vs trying to join public poo poo) with 2 people.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Hey Rockstar, sometimes people want to take pictures during missions/heists, maybe you should save those you fucks.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

OhGreatAGinger posted:

On PC if you're on steam you can use the steam screenshot shortcut (f12?). Although it won't show up in your rockstar profile if that's what you're after.

Yeah I have to just remember to use the PS4s screenshot option instead of trusting the built in goddamn game camera and gallery uploads why is it disabled arbitrarily argh assholes it was such a good pic.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Maybe they just liked your sweet tricks.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

"Participate in a Deathmatch" is a pain in the rear end because every quick match and 75% of all the map deathmatches are stupid team deathmatches which don't count.

e: Oh, covered already

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Starhawk64 posted:

I meant during missions. The flare gun is the most hilarious way to kill the NPCs.
Creating a traffic jam and then firing flares into it until an errant one lights someone on fire and it spreads to the cars and causes a chain reaction is SO SATISFYING.

Policenaut posted:

I love killing people with the musket.
Free-aim server, line up at 20 paces with a few friends, re-enact civil war battles.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Tennis AND arm wrestling for today's dailies...

Yeah, no thanks.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The funny part is that the homing missiles, ostensibly created to help shoot down jets and attack choppers, are pretty poo poo at doing that. They're great at taking out unarmed aircraft that were never a threat anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

kaxman posted:

Also incentivizes putting bounties on people. If they have a bounty blowing up their car is okay.

So you can put a $1k (+$1k fee) bounty on someone in a personal insurgent and blow it up and not pay $16k?

• Locked thread