Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

ExplodingSquid posted:

I heard that the Lizard people (Lizardsquad) were arrested by FBI. Hoping it's true and we can all game smoothly over Xmas.

I think they were reported to have been caught in late August and have since committed more DDoS attacks so they haven't been caught or stopped.

EDIT: Oh I see the new articles you must be talking about. Given that this has been reported before I'll just say don't hold your breath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

BitBasher posted:

My name is BitBasher think I may have a problem.

I bought my third garage and though of all the neat vehicles out there, then started filling it with even more cars for racing. I bought a Dune Buggy and a Dominator and upgraded them all the way. I'm at the point now where I have like 15 cars set up for racing, even putting together cars for edge cases like the Utilities class. I'm fighting off the urges to buy the Livery Massacro, the Raphsody for alternate RWD car for compacts racing and a Baller for the rare long highway SUV races.

I need Race Anon.

Livery Massacro and Livery Jester are both so awesome. I didn't have a regular Jester so maybe it's always been the case but the Livery Jester is actually faster than the Livery Massacro. I've been under the impression for awhile now that the Massacro was the supreme sports race car but now I have a new favorite.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
Wow, I've never once used Merryweather as a helicopter taxi service. I've used them exclusively as a helicopter delivery for so long that getting a ride anywhere didn't even strike me as an option I had.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Craptacular posted:

What those tards don't realize is that it pays more to just go complete another mission instead of farting around for 10 minutes.

It would be nice if R* would modify the missions so that more of them had timers. e.g. in Rooftop Rampage, as soon as someone takes the documents (and therefore has sole control of when the mission ends) it should start a 3-4 minute timer. If someone can't get the documents back in that amount of time they're going to fail the mission anyways.

I mostly agree with you (Rockstar even has a message on one of the loading screens that says something like "dont waste time. you'll make more money just going to the next mission.") but I think there is kind of a balance to it. Missions like Denial of Service and Mixed Up with Coke can be finished in less than a minute with a group that knows what they're doing and they'll pay out a measly $3,000 dollars or something but if you take your time and make it last 5-6 minutes you'll get over $10,000. If you do it too fast you'll barely cover your sticky bomb costs.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Craptacular posted:

Those missions aren't as annoying, because it's impossible to stretch those missions out unless everyone in the group tries to do it. The annoying missions are the ones where one person has the documents/drugs/money/whatever and then it's up to that person to determine when they return it. Everyone else either has the option to quit and lose out on their money, or stick around with their thumbs up their butts.

I think there's like a sweet spot to hit where you're making thousands of extra dollars per minute that tapers off or maxes out completely around 10 minutes. I think the ideal time for most missions, particularly the Gerald and Simeon ones, is like 7-10 minutes. I like to add a bit of time to missions by killing some of the guys that chase you in cars, blowing up the parked enemy vehicles at the drug deals, or even follow traffic laws and sight see on the way to the destination. Another fun thing I like to do is use pistols or muskets only to make the combat sequences longer.

I usually don't play missions with pubbies to avoid those 30 minute coke deliveries though because that is super annoying.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

fyodor posted:

some hacker just gave me and a bunch of other randos millions of moneys. i, naturally, have laundered it in car purchases.

This is how I made my current fortune. An old buddy on PS3 used his jailbroken system to make infinite bundles of money and wallets fall out of my butt until I had $85 million. Even when you're driving you'd see the bundles of money falling out of the car door, helicopter door, back of the boat, whatever. It reminded me of that scene from Family Guy where Peter gets pulled over and every inch he moves causes the clanking of a giant pile of beer bottles, except with sweet stolen money. Just a few weeks back I transferred my character to PS4 and the money transferred just fine and R* hasn't touched it yet. It does show up on Social Club as money picked up so it will kinda stand out there but my little pie chart has been hosed ever since the multi billion dollar bounty days. So if you've got any friends with a jailbroken PS3 tell em to download the mod menus and make it raaaaaain.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Duke Chin posted:

I'm not super surprised. With Heists paying out more inflation was sure to happen. Goddamn irrational exuberance.

Good thing I'm so rich at this point heists are meaningless. I will gladly bankroll tons of failed heist attempts for goons with only one caveat: Camera lock=First person muhahahaha

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

titties posted:

Yes, I've been doing it and you can change gender.

-Create a new character and get it to level 6. Once you hit level 6, exit back to single player. You can keep using this level 6 character over-and-over to change the appearance of your main.

-Sign back in to GTAO, wait until you hit the "Do you want to change your appearance" screen, DO NOT PRESS X

-Bring up the console menu and sign out of PSN (Settings > PSN > Sign out)

-Go back to GTA and load back in to single player

-Sign back in to PSN

-Return to GTA, select Online > Choose character and choose your main character

It should give you the same "change appearance" screen.

The best thing about this compared to last gen is if you keep your level 6 character you will get the prompt to change appearance every time you try to logon with it. Basically you can keep your regular character and an appearance glitch character without having to delete and make a new one every time you want to change.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Maytag posted:

My stealth and driving swapped- which is awesome, who the hell wants to raise stealth manually. If I drive real fast and almost hit other cars my driving will max out again in no time.

But leveling up your stealth is easy! Go into crouch mode, scotch tape your left stick upwards, go eat a sandwich, and voila! 100 stealth.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

titties posted:

It's ok, I'm a big girl

I just tried hosting the first heist, since the payout is really good for the 15 - 20 minutes it takes. Nobody joined up, so I backed out. Apparently this has reset my heist board, all it has on it is some post-it notes and a map and stuff, and it will only allow me to launch the Fleeca heist.

I don't think anyone answered you on this but have you tried calling Lester and selecting "cancel heist" or whatever the option is. This should reset your board and let you start any of the other ones again. I had the same issue after "starting" (read: getting 3 people to watch the intro cutscene with me and not doing a single mission) a heist and deciding we'd rather do a different one.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
Whenever I play games like GTA or Destiny I'm always reminded how much people enjoy the grind and the loot of games more than the actual gameplay. Everyone always wants to do things the easiest way and not necessarily the most fun way. I have a friend with a modded PS3 that would actually teleport us to the mission objective then back to the drop off point when I finally had to stop and ask myself "why am I even playing this?"

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

I said come in! posted:

Well it just so happens that grinding solo in GTA Online is more fun then playing with others, so.... :v:

It's also significantly faster.

To each their own, I don't care. I just mean more like an example like this; I'm playing Method in the Madness with some randoms, I pick up one of the meth packages, hop back in my car and start driving towards Trevor's trailer. One of the other guys, who spent the entire mission not helping us and going to get his helicopter finally arrives and starts screaming into the mic "STOP! STOP! Get in my chopper! We can just fly over there! It's safe!" and it's like "but driving at high speeds while getting shot at and avoiding death is way more fun than riding passenger in your helicopter for the next couple minutes."

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
But uhh, Nintendo Kid is right though.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
One way bulletproof glass doesn't exist, moron. Also I don't think eating generic brand M&M's would heal near fatal injuries. I'm starting to think this isn't reality and I'm just playing a video game.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Alan Smithee posted:

Dude in a survival shot money bags at me. Got about 1.3 million out of it. Am I getting banned

cuz I already bought the Valkyrie and declared it on my taxes

No. I have ~100 million from this and they haven't touched it and I've had it for months.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
Speed isn't the only thing to consider. The Sultan is one of the most fun handling cars in the entire game. The AWD makes for some awesome traction, climbing and all that but it's still loose enough for sweet drifting. It is like the most goon endorsed car and definitely a must-have.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

titties posted:

i hate you all

Hey Mr Dread, have you done this yet (all heists, same crew, in order)? If not, I'm down to setup a time over the holiday weekend. Can probably drag a couple of my usual rascally pals along if needed.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

titties posted:

I have not and I am interested. I haven't seen you for a while, are you on PS4?

E: The last time I tried to set one up we were also doing hard difficulty and forced 1st-person.

Yeah, just been caught up with other games and finally finished story mode on PS4. I'm mostly free all weekend so I'll get at you on PS4 tomorrow and make plans :)

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

BitBasher posted:

I am also interested but my weekend is not entirely free

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

I too remain interested, and have been for many weeks now.

Hey guys, what time is best for you? I'm free all Saturday til 7 or 8pm, and free all day Sunday. Willing to play night owl hours Saturday night too. If you see me on send me a message psn: copperfronts

PS if you guys need money I'll pay setup costs and you can split my cut to sweeten the deal haha

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
Yay! The REAL high roller update! I still get way too excited for new GTA online updates.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Buck Turgidson posted:

You can actually call people on the phone :eyepop:

I thought it was gonna be some lame dialogue box or automatically go to busy, but it actually works

Yes! When you're playing with at least two other friends this is how you covertly plan a hilarious prank on one of them.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
I really want in on this goon GTA drama but I'm confused. Who do I point at and call a nerd now?

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
Nah man, you the bee's knees.
That too, yeah.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Yourself, for never showing up to that heist thing

Haha I was on! I'm at least always signed into PSN when I'm home, but I think Mr Dread is probably the only one that has me added. If you want to set it up get at me on PSN: Copperfronts, I'm still interested.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Maytag posted:

Put a ticket in and tonight my sex change went through. Also for those that knew me as Bud_f I am now Maytag.

Most of my clothing disappeared but I was left with a super odd assortment of weird stuff.

Never mind it asked me to change my name but I'm still Bud_f maybe.

Yeah, that's just your character's name. Like the name no one else will ever see and the only time you'll see it is when you go to the character select screen. As far as everyone else goes they will only see your PSN name. At least now I know which game you ended up on my friends list for.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

T1g4h posted:

Honestly, if someone were crazy enough to do it, i'd say start at the airport and hike from there to Chiliad, but that would take loving ages. I'm all for goofy challenges in games but man, it'd be hard to do that one and not go insane :v:
I always think it will be fun to just walk around and take in the sights and sounds of Los Santos but after like 3 blocks I start running and punching random people again.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Kelly posted:

Well that's terrific except I don't have any of these weapons in SP and I won't ever have them since I'm not going to bother replaying on PS4. :(

Aww, I actually enjoyed playing through the story again on ps4. It did take me a lot longer to get through it than after launch though.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

titties posted:

Does anyone on PS4 have an upgraded Progen I can test out before I drop the cash? The stats don't make it look better than the Osiris.

Was it all legit?

E:

The small-cut leather pants are better than the zippered ones from the last update imo. The new jackets are all hot and there are some new (ugly) chains and a bunch of watches. The best adds are the Smell Like A Bitch designer t-shirts.

I'm going to be on to try out all the new stuff myself around 7 am Mountain time aka 3 hours from when I made this post. I'll be doing lots of clothes shopping but I'll buy all the cars so you can try any of them you want. Holla at yer boi

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

titties posted:

Already bought it and it is astonishing. Thanks, though.

Durr, didn't realize the Progen and T20 were the same thing.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

This needs to be the top of every page.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

zooted heh posted:

did they take out some songs from the radio when they remade the game?

No, they added a whole bunch so if you're trying to find a specific song on the radio the odds of it coming up are lower.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

gileadexile posted:

Yeahhh. Sorry about that, never had that happen before. It was a perfect run, too.

No no, the death is what made it a perfect run :)

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Either work for it or deal with it.

Sorry, but you don't get to dictate how people play their game so the 3rd option of getting basically infinite money from a hacker and rolling around in the leftover like Scrooge McDuck is still valid and good.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Of course I don't get to dictate it but I sure get to report someone every time I have to deal with them and their hacking or money stealing.

So does it upset you when someone owns a T20 they didn't work (read: play video games for an arbitrary acceptable amount of time) for? What's the harm? Why would you report them?

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

This is actually true. I agree.

You sound jealous that while you were playing Titan of a Job four thousand times the rest of us were whipping around Los Santos in our badass super cars having loads of fun.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Orv posted:

Maybe this maintenance is going to take so long because they're banning all hackers, implementing functional anti-cheat and taking away all our illegally acquired toys! :ohdear:

It's too late. There's no going back. We're untouchable. We have become.. too big to fail.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
I hear Mendoza the most from Merryweather guys. I know they like to appear like some giant shadowy paramilitary group but they're really just a mom & pop family security business.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

I thought custom plates were unique. Are there a bunch of people with these GOON plates and if so how DO you get them?

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

AirRaid posted:

No we have better, more original ideas than that.

Is "Rollin6s" a crips reference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

AirRaid posted:

No it's a reference to the highest number you can roll on a standard die and the fact that the car the plate is on has 6 wheels.

Literally, Rolling Sixes.

Ah, I figured as much about the 6x6 but I thought it was a pun on the Rollin 60's crip gang. I might listen to too much rap.

• Locked thread