Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
  • Locked thread
Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff.

From the last thread

Nintendo Kid posted:

Shotguns right into the engine area, ideally through the grill. Also, shotguns towards the rear driver side tire area, so you can catch the gas tank.

i still couldn't do it with the assault shotgun and the new Saiga-12 auto shotty. I unloaded close to 40-50 rounds before giving up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff.

I'll be hopping on ps4 if anyone wants to rob some stores or do some low level missions.

scyron57 for psn

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I was loving amazed that I thought I topped a police armored van at 70 only to break through 2 times, all the way up to 115. I'm sure I could have gotten it to 120 but I would need one less goon passanger :p

edit; 70 is the perfect speed I have found, with clean driving and avoiding traffic.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I'm in, but one of the servers I was on was extremely laggy with my driver teleporting and crashing into stuff, before appearing correct for a brief moment, then flying.

I gotta get a bite to eat but I'll be around for another 2 hours or so.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Online is broken more than ever before for me. I just tried while watching that new sin city movie.

I'll try some more.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Amazing! as I typed that, I closed out of GTA and reopened it, and tried going straight into online and it worked. In a lobby of 16 random pubs for once.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Schroeder91 posted:

I keep losing connection due to network error. I can get on and get in a server but it will randomly drop. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 2 seconds, there's no telling.

I can't get the Sultan to spawn at the prison, is this still where you find it?

I've found a lot just downtown. More towards the strip club, ammunation, car wash, convenience store location just west of the rooftop rumble garage.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

LLJK just had a pretty good lobby, I think there was 4 of us, out of 25 people at the most.

Just now though, the internet/game poo poo it's self, and everyone got kicked but me.

edit; So I am finding a very easy way to connect to online is connecting via the initial startup of the game. I can connect to tons of 20+ people servers, however I can't seem to connect via join friends/crews/bleh from the online menu. So for what it is worth, closing the app and reloading seems to be the only sure fire way to get into games.

Scyron fucked around with this message at Nov 22, 2014 around 18:59

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

loving lame. I just got settled in for some GTA fun after work.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I didn't even think about it, but had I known the DLC cars; Carbon RS, khamelion and Hotknife would cost money, I probably would have redeemed them on ps3 before I transferred my character. I don't particularly like the hotknife or khamelion but they are kind of nice cars.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Sort of? I got into a lobby bymyself first thing this morning. Waiting for a bounty to pass before I try to play with pubs.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Chiming in to report my audio is getting pretty crappy, with shudders and outright dropping audio entirely, like over a bad mic or something. I don't know if it is directly effecting gameplay but I have had a few moments with the flying cars, or spawning right in front of me, as well as teleporting vehicles/ crashes due to not synced clients?

I rebuilt my database with not much improvement after 10 minutes of play. I'll try more later tonight, but somehow I feel the game has gotten kind of janky for mp somehow. Maybe it was a hotfix or something on R*s end, not caused via 1.03?

I say it feels good getting to 21, a lot of the game is now opening up again, as well as sticky bombs.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Feenix posted:

This is important: I'm Nouveau Riche, as they say... if I buy an Aircraft for so many moneys...(SO MANY!) do I keep it even if it crashes or whatever? Like... is it like my car, in a sense? Will I have it tomorrow? Or the next day? Or the day after? Or if I crash it?

Yes, sort of. Obviously it will be destroyed, all it costs you is $200 and an inconvenience of trying to get to where Pegasus places it. That is, if the planes work like the buzzard, marquis, or jetski.

I imagine at the closes run way available. This also does not secure it like a personal vehicle and can be jacked, before you get to it, or leave it somewhere. Leaving it somewhere will also not allow you to order something else from Pegasus.

Scyron fucked around with this message at Nov 24, 2014 around 07:41

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

So I just thought of some stuff and I would maybe like some help if possible.

Does the new passive mode work for taking simeon's cars, even the non-green highlight, from finding one in the cellphone text? Like after I spray my patriot, that he wants. (I'm not sure if those are different than the general import car, that I will see and assume other players see)

What level does lester's kill targets open up at? I miss those. What level are the crate drops?

I swear the stuff like crates, kill target, and simeon cars were never level locked, but it kind of sucks for free roam now, since there is less stuff to jump on, at lower levels.

edit; Also can we try and start commending other goons, or can I get some love? Like I didn't realize how much that saves on general stuff, if only that 5%. I know there is a better discount once I platinum the gun range medals, I think. Was there any thing for LSC that can get a discount? I know first player has a ton of stuff connected to the lifeInvader stuff, but I am trying to think of how my main got stuff like stickies for much cheaper than what I am getting now.

edit2; also with the new passive mode, is it possible to have an actual Roleplaying cabbie player?

Scyron fucked around with this message at Nov 26, 2014 around 03:45

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

MrLonghair posted:

Horse Factory with bicycles is the next thing I need to try, that was pretty great and a must-bookmark, thanks for the laughs.

Alright back to making my own races

I will unironically race that. Just let me use a lawnmower or golf cart.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I'm drunk on tryptophan and green beans, who is down to gently caress up the streets? scyron57 on psn.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Feenix posted:

Best activity for leveling?

Best activity for money?

(I'm level 37)

I ask because leaving and joining matches takes like 5 loving minutes.

a bunch of us are on in a lobby right now. we can probably get some missions together.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I like running violent duct and I think Cambrio something for simeon, since they are pretty easy and fast, and reward some decent money/rp if you wait around long enough, or just take your time.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Musket? A long reload but I don't believe the shot is exploding, though it is a 1 hit kill, I think.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I'm thinking of getting back on in a bit for another solid hour or two, if anyone wants to roll some races with sports classics, sports, or muscle.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Does anyone know a good racing playlist or how playlists work? I've never actually done one, other than as an event thing.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Ziploc posted:

I hope people start organizing random race nights. I love random social club races.

(And really crazy DM maps too.)

(Like the one what was done THROUGH the blades of a wind propeller.)

I could try and front that. Sunday all day until 8pm cst (walking dead) works best for me, otherwise Mondays I am usually free all day.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Schroeder91 posted:

Ooh not bad. I hope we can do it as much as you want.

Lol and cut into their shark card sales, no. It'll have a cool down timer, probably once every 24 hours.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

How is that T/DM that takes place in franklins house? I saw like 3 goons playing it, and I had just got a group of other goons together for missions, so we weren't able to try it out, at the time.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Has anyone tried anything with the physics in MP with the pickup trucks/suvs that have a boat trailer attachment attached? I don't remember them being in the PS3 game, but I could be wrong. I know they are in the sp but in like the 300+ hours on the ps3 online version I have never seen them. (though I only just had Trevor smoke meth and be high on it, after the tons of hours I put in on the SP.)

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

A real pro glitched the money to own all of the super cars, because he was upset at the freemium economy and felt entitled to the money, as well as justified since no other cheaters got punished.

The story of my GTAO life.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Croccers posted:

Where do you find a Blista online? I need one.

Southernsanandreasauto.com and it is 42,000, and it says "Dinka blist compact, sports" when you get in it, so it is in fact considered a sports car and can be modded quite nicely, just like in GTA:SA. I don't think it can compete with a sultan RS, it is fun enough. Much better than my Issi for control.

a cop posted:

Did they fix the thing where stuff that spawned was based upon levels so after you passed 30 (or whatever) you had to pull teeth to get the helicopter with the giant magnet to spawn?

That thing was so great and then it was just almost impossible to get after a certain point. Please tell me it's not still like that.

As far as I can tell, it has not changed as my new character (31) has not seen a buzzard yet, and I only get Mavericks and Froggers at the airfields.

Scyron fucked around with this message at Nov 30, 2014 around 19:44

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I'll be getting back on in a couple of minutes. I am remote playing for simeon import car, but if anyone wants to do missions/serious play I can get on my ps4.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

The new passive mode I think is even better than before for loving with people. I've been just cruising the skies in a Maverick heli for the last couple minutes and I have had 2 tanks and 4 dudes shooting rockets at me, and not understanding why they can't hit me. They actually sort of stopped shooting each other just to try and go after me. All I want to do is watch from a nice viewpoint, ya know?

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

For SUV, not out of speed, but the Declasse Granger is pretty good because it can hold 8 people. As for my compact of choice I have an Issi fully modded out which is pretty cool. I feel like there might be a better compact out of pure performance but I haven't had much issue racing other cars and winning either.

Scyron fucked around with this message at Dec 1, 2014 around 18:08

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Feenix posted:

A little confused... what does this glitch accomplish?

50 unique stunts for that putrid lime green color.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

No joke I must have had 0 flying when I made my new character I have spent close to 4 hours in the air and only have 20's%. I have done a fair bit of air races and I have tried the trick where you take off and land(?) to try and boost it but it ain't going too fast.

i'll be getting on for a bit here. I want to try and get like 3 car sales and maybe run some missions or races.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Psion posted:

yeah that's my list. I didn't know the Sweeper used LMG ammo - I've never paid attention to ammo since I got 9999 of everything a year ago and just push the buy all ammo button all the time.

I just changed it (removed the Sweeper from SMG, edited a couple things to compensate) so you might want to update geeves.

I think the micro has its place for killing drivers without blowing up cars -- basically only on missions. The AP is more accurate but the way drivebys work with the stupid "can't aim unless you're already shooting" poo poo sometimes the micro is a safer choice. In general, the AP pistol is better, absolutely.

I was going to mentioned the L1+R1 but someone got to that, however I think it should be noted on guns, I straight up see npcs die a lot faster with less bullets using the advanced rifle, damned what the stats say. The bullpup is just garbage, looks stupid, especially with the extended clip and the special carbine is cooler, for being a G36 knockoff.

The rifles that are available at level 1 (assuming you somehow bypass lemar's race, insuring the car, robbing the store and the doing the drug sting, before getting to 5) Marksman, Combat shotgun (new saiga-12 ripoff), pistol, SNS pistol, Heavy pistol, Sawed-off shotty and I think the bullpup shotgun. I am not sure of the melee weapons, most were unlocked when I had access to the ammunation on my new character.

I should mentioned I think I was like 6 or 7 at the time, when I had first access due to owning the poo poo out of the scrubs also at level 1, and stealing all the kills and extra little bits of RP that would level me faster.

Scyron fucked around with this message at Dec 3, 2014 around 02:46

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

That is legit as gently caress, cool. I just got the bullet proof helmet for my guy, in hope of trying to look more "war journalist zombie", if that can even make sense.

I do love the idea, of going around recently as a passive mode player but in a cab and having the cabbie shot or I am driving and picking up people with a bounty and trying to cab them around, away from the mayhem.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I wish the GTAO community was dedicated enough to find out actual gun dmg amounts, with the various 0/100, 20/100, 40/100, 60/100, 80/100, and 100/100 health, vs headshot, with guns and at distances (relative with the purple marker)

I actually had to shoot a guy 3 times with the sniper rifle the other day, and the second shot I swear was a headshot, without a helmet. He stood still for the thirdshot, I think he knew he was done, or trying to use some snacks.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

MrLonghair posted:

Use a snacks while in cover (R1) and you'll eat instantly

Oddly he was in cover. At the LCS, taking cover on the east side, from where I was shooting, instead of the opposite rooftop that has since been hosed over for sniping. (the one with slanted rooftop, just west of DT LCS)

So is it too much to ask for, that GTA5.5/6/hopefully vice city, should have a ton of copy and paste, interiors just for functionality of gas station, strip club, gun store? I just don't see why the mom and pop Wine Merchant can't be robbed just the same as a gas station.

Scyron fucked around with this message at Dec 3, 2014 around 06:43

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

While it could be lag, maybe my "headshot" was off? I am not entirely sure how accurate the sniper is with the silencer. I prefer the heavy, but I am using what I have on my low level.

I do admit I have gotten a ridiculously crazy kill, from long distance sniping someone, when they seemed passed the LoS in one of those fancy super cars, I just took a random shot; last chance--last shot in the clip--why not, nothing to lose, and connected. I really should have gone passive instantly and tried to do sharefactory, since it was pretty rad, and I typically save a bunch of the that stuff.

Bobtista posted:

This works while doing anything that prevents you from doing the eating animation, so driving works too.

Crazy thought, and call me a goon on this, but I actually like eating virtual food and smoking fake cigs. I mean, why else would I spend my sharkcard money on, gun?

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Bulletproof helmets can be purchased at a suburban or binco, under the "accessories" listing, under "helmets". $20k per helmet color.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Wee Bairns posted:

Yeah, I've started doing this off and on recently for a tidy cash/rp bump. Getting paid for going nuts and than having Simeon at the end saying "That was interesting" makes me happy.
And I finally got lvl 100 doing a couple runs the other night, so that was nice. I've basically unlocked all I want, as I doubt if I'd ever use the minigun online.
However, the Dubsta and RPG were welcome unlocks.

Minigun is 120. But enjoy the trophy, the 100/100 health bonus and the fun guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Declasse Asea and something Panto both are allowed the unique sticker bomb paint scheme, if that matters.

• Locked thread
«8 »