Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

geeves posted:

Holy poo poo I'm still logged into that account 6 months later.

Edit: You still cannot take photos while on the train. The gently caress?

Or on a boat. I think I managed to get around this once, landing my car on a train and standing on the car, though I could have been mistaken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I managed to get on just a bit ago and sell a car. I Decided I wasn't finding what I was looking for so I am going to stay offline and finish up single player stuffs.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Stringbean posted:

I learned today that not all goons are friendly towards other goons in game. Even if they're in the same crew as you :(

Was it me, scyron57? Because I swear I dunno what I am doing tonight.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Managed to do an impromptu race to simeons import/export garage from the east side LCS and almost won in an unmodded cab vs 2 zentornos if I hadn't crash, really bad. Like, one the guys just drive off for some reason and the other took the far way, around through the toll gate. It has probably been one of my best passive race-in character drunk-races yet. Too bad $50 was all that was at stake.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Hugh Malone posted:

I know that can happen sometimes if you don't leave GTA online before quitting the game, also can happen if Rockstar cloud services are down...

Also, during missions, you only keep ammo that you actually buy, but I don't think you keep things you pick up off of NPCs beyond the session.

The only exception to that rule I know of is in Cypress flats LTS, you can keep the crow bar and baseball bat forever

gently caress I knew I was missing a melee weapon! Now I gotta go find a way to procure a baseball bat.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

no.

The musket was an independence day item that was for a limited time, as is the fireworks launcher, gausberg sweeper and roosevelt vehicle.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Corzaa posted:

I know that, I had one but it got deleted from my inventory when the LTS patch came out. I was hoping I could pick one up and it would recognize that it was on my purchased list once. :(

If you put in a ticket I am sure you can get it back.

I lost mine for a while but it came back after a patch.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Their steps to resolve these little issues is kind of baffling. I wouldn't believe a reformat would help at all. By the time taking all the steps involved the issue might get resolved all by itself.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Bobtista posted:

Does the turbo bug apply to vehicles which were upgraded before transferring to next gen?

I took the turbo off my old entity (keeping all my other max performance upgrades) then I got absolutely smoked on the freeway by someone in another entity and only just kept pace with a bullet someone else brought on a mission.

The best way would be to do one of those 1/4 mile drag race things with your entity XF "custom", and race with and without it on. Quite honestly since all the cars top at like 120, I haven't even bothered with upgrades on my new character. I'm hoping the first major update/patch will address the turbo and other small things, though I am going to have to wait a while since that update was promised to contain the Heists too.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

So switching between characters takes away stats and money? Or am I mistaken?

I tried login into my old character and gently caress around with a buzzard, and before I did so I had banked all my money, totaling like 122-123k, none on me. When I log in as my main I only have 60k and some is cash and banked, along with not-correct stats.

fake edit; but I just logged in as my main from PS3, and now my stats are right, and my money is only 67k, which was what my other character not has? I know I had 120some-k, and your characters are suppose to share money but auhg. The bugginess of this, sometimes.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I found no deadzone while in 3rd person, but first person has one. i dunno, I think it is part of their control setup. I don't feel left analog is the same was WASD, like they tried for FPS, while in third person it is very much, go what direction is pushed, resulting in the ability to walk in circles instead of strafe left when holding left in third person.

It feels like a hackjob, but with aim assist I haven't had an issue so far with heists in SP. I think it could be better but most of my trouble with FPS gunplay is the scopes being too dark in FPS, as well as lowered lock-on range for hostile targets.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I have found I am terrible at cargobob pickup, which might be the 40/100 piloting I have, but day to day maneuvers couldn't be any more precises and what I need to accomplish, while using R1/L1 properly. It is odd to feel little turbulence while at higher speeds or just circling around, while trying for very precise cargobob pickup like actions it is the worst and most noticeable. I tried on both my 100/100 pilot and my new character.

I did notice a lot of turbulence when I just first started using my character with jets and planes, so maybe that is where it affects the character more, than say helicopters.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 9, 2014

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Hugh Malone posted:

Make a GTA bicycle race so you can get off your bike, lock the vehicle to the whippet so you can't bunnyhop*.

Make an enclosure of blue barriers around the starting grid. Place a flat wood pile inside so players can climb out.

Easy way: Don't include any checkpoints, just make a finish line. Hope that you don't get killed before the finish or you will respawn at the beginning

Harder way: enclose your checkpoints, or maybe place them where the player cannot get the bike out, so that even if they respawn on their bike it will be useless to get to the next checkpoint.

*set vehicle to motorcycles initially, use the flat wood pile to wheelie hop out of the enclosure for testing. After your test is completed, save the race. Go to available vehicles and deselect everything but bicycles. Highlight bicycles and press square, then you can deselect everything but one race bike like the whippet. This will not require you to test again. Publish the race.

I would love to hoof it on foot to get to the end.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Since I am so progressive with motivating masochistic races like these, someone start up a game and invite me sometime via psn, scyron57. I've been in in lobbies with you before MrlongHair. I'll take the loss on a hilarious long rear end race.

I'll be around later tonight and probably most of tomorrow. I can start playing in an hour-two, after sons of anarchy is done.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

That is pretty awesome, with the flying tank, and abusing passive mode.

I wonder if R* will change passive mode in the future.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I might have to bring my ps4 over to my parents house for xmas, instead of doing remote play. I hope I can refill my fireworks launcher, that is all I want.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I got my Weazel van 4 life.

Anyhow I tried to get the 50 unique stunt jumps done, for the trophy, not so much the paintjob but it appears I have -5/50 (55/0 in stats) of the total completed. I am not sure if the trophy will pop or even the paintjob unlock, but I am trying it again on my main character, but not going to try and mess it up again.

I figured something like this might get patched out, and well, doing 50 easy ones this way is a lot better than getting all 50 in single player.

I also almost have 260k from just messing around, selling cars, and killing lesters target. I'm kind of hoping we can get a new car or something cool for xmas, with the rumored update. Otherwise I will plan to spend 260k on fireworks.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Would anyone on PS4 want to try and setup an actual wacky racers kind of event with silly cars in an impromptu race across the state, maybe in some rally form or tag team? Maybe have 1 or 2 people in a helicopter under the weazel news crew tag for a cool perspective on it?

Scyron fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Dec 15, 2014

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I can draw out some preliminary wacky racer stuff later today. I don't see why we couldn't do something like 28 players, but for now I'll keep it something like 20, with 21-22 being aerial support.

I don't have a date down, but I'd probably have to do it a Friday daytime or night, or anytime during Sunday.

Weapons I would like to see Molotovs, tear gas, and maybe sawed-off shottys. Something about pistols I think might make it too easy to kill, same with sticky bombs. Though I think we could do a setup with a driver and gunner or navigator for a bit of added safety.

Vehicles Wackier the better? Probably no super's unless they got like detuned to stock or it is one of the worst in the class, with only armor or bullet proof tires. Maybe have one of each class represented with a couple from Utility and offroad or vans. I'm not exactly sure how we do bulletproof tires or not, since that could be a large part of what makes the race fun and wacky, having no tires after the first mile or whatever.

Length Just looking at the map, without allowing too much highway travel, I think from Poleto Bay to the Downtown LCS/ponsonbys' rooftop. That way there is an opportunity for offroad, highway, suburb, and city traversal, for a total of ~6.3 miles. I'm not going to try and force that everyone has to go on the GPS path, I understand there is an easy straight shot with mostly highway for like 4.8+ miles of the journey if the player just follows the west coast, going south.

edit; it is too bad the train isn't usable.

edit2; it might be easier to get new/uninsured vehicles and just get them slightly supped up or something, so we don't need to worry about personal cars getting destroyed or having to pay to get rebulletproofing, after having it or turbo removed or whatever.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 15, 2014

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I haven't been treating it as grinding but I am at 409k from like 260, just by logging in every 45 or so minutes, selling a car and if I can sell simeons (green one, or random npc one off the list he texts you)

While it is pretty slow, it keeps away from the burnout of doing missions, if they are getting boring. I mean, it isn't hard money, just takes time, if you got other stuff to do and don't mind waiting through a loading screen or two. I'm almost always passive mode too, which makes the other players a non issue, if you do get the "wanted" vehicle.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

New PS4 patch is live. I will find out what it contains other than your traditional "stability and minor fixes". 1.23gigs and of course the update history only states stability to gtao, unless this is 1.05?

Probably will have to wait and see what the R* news wires says about it. Usually these updates happen on mondays before the content release.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Dec 18, 2014

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Thank goodness I saved some money up. Time to logon my real character and newbie and buy some goodies.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I guess the most important question still remains, can I get my mother loving fireworks launcher replenished?

I also noticed it is available in the PS3 version SP due to the patches, but does not exist in the same sense, if at all, in the ps4 version.

edit; failed to join immediately after update, lol.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I broke and spent 120 on the greenich 10 car garage next to the airport, los santos custom and the heliport/marina. Pretty much my goto spot anyways for getting a heli off the bat, or selling a quick vehicle.

In total I was at like 440k, now I am at like 82k, if that. Nice to see there is stuff out there to buy with my money occasionally.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

rockstar posted:

Ring in the New Year with a bang – the Firework Launcher and Firework rocket ammo are coming back and will be available to acquire and use from Christmas Eve until Monday, January 5th. You can score one for free on four special days: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day.
gently caress yes, finally. My fun-gun will be back.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Feenix posted:

Wait so definitely a joke? :(

[edit]
Easiest way to quickly raise my flying stat?

Don't be me, and enjoy flying with a heli in passive mode for hours on end in freeroam talking into the mic narrating every movement from the random pub I am following.

Seriously my newbie's flying stat is almost 60, at like 10 hours of flying, alone. (I love it, and don't care about raising a silly stat through reason.)

On the plus side, that poo poo doesn't matter, after this last patch, I am back to using my level 123, gently caress leveling and that poo poo that is locked out. I have a 10 car garage to fill now, now worry about race win/loss, and bullshit content I can't access.

Long live WEZL LLJK for now!

edit; I forgot to ask, does anyone notice that if the GTA5 game has been running for a long time, or rather, the longer it runs the worst it performs, most noticeably audio issues arise, as do cinematic bugs with npcs not appears, or cutting voice chat in GTAO?

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I don't seem to remember it this bad on the ps3 though, because it is like, after 2 hours(online) or 4 hours(SP) of playing, I am most assuredly going to need a restart of the system or game. I figured most of it was the transition from SP->MP->SP every hour or so.

I do feel obligated to say, I don't intentionally break games but I did get trained in on it, and I feel that has more or less seeped into my gaming veins and just sometimes makes poo poo happen for the worse, in most cases.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Feenix posted:

That's where I stopped, too. :/

And I don't care about my flying for stat bar reasons, I care cuz I assumed it removed/minimized the helicopter "turbulence" wobble.

Does it not?

My opinion is like, probably wrong on this, or I might just be an ace, but I never really noticed a thing, going from my maxed pilot 123 character to my 35 (50s? skill) character. The cargobob blows no matter what.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

If flares were introduced to GTAO, it would just be one step closer to being Ace Combat, and I am fine with that, since there isn't an AC on ps4 yet.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Sapient Afro posted:

Quick throwing grenades is really handy, but I hope pubbies never figure it out so we don't end up with COD levels of nade spam

Too late, that is me to a t if someone is hiding behind cover.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Policenaut posted:

So is there some kind of specific Blista I need? I grabbed the Dinka Blista Compact off the car store and the game calls it a Sports class vehicle despite having Compact in the drat name. Like do I have to find one in the wild? Because I kinda like this weird AE-86 Initial D looking car.

The Dinka Blista, compact, Is what he is talking about, not the Dinka Blista compact, sports.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Managed to secure a simeon car and sell a normal one, with snow. The game is still fun, however I got my :siren: FIREWORKS LAUNCHER :siren: :hellyeah: gently caress yes. so happy!

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

No remote play for me. Here lugging ps4 sounded like a terrible decision. I could still play some sp. :(

So wtf is the deal with fireworks launcher being in so on ps3 but not ps4. Just limited time for gtao on ps4.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I just came into that same issue, though mine is from doing 100% checklist and seeing my friends online.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I got home from work, gtao and psn work. Let's do this 8)

Also, I just wanted to honestly figured out my SP 100% completion during the outage, not really play gtao, using R* servers social club. drat inconvience for my collectathon and having to resort to an ms paint of the greater los santos area and slowly marking off points on the map.

93% 8)

edit; so I joined GTAO, called a cab, told it get me to the helipad in vespucci beach, and I get two stars, killed, and all I did was be in passive mode. WHAT THE gently caress? I'm only human, I tipped my cab driver $153. Is that too little?!?!?!

edit2; I am using my samsung headphones because they have a mic and dual audio, so yeah, I can do things, like trace footsteps and play this game like counter-strike 1997 edition. :)

Scyron fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Dec 28, 2014

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Not sports? Well, unfortunately, the Daemon is not as as nice as a real Chopper, nor is Hexer. I don't know about this new PS4 bike the Infiltrator(single player only?) or something? I heard the new Hohokum crap is something decent, but a softcore touring enthusiast bike for being slow and taking it all in, during the cruising of vinewood at 19:00pm.at full sunset.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Depending when I go to bed, complete my 100% trophy, and then my plat. I can probably host a few good missions, rooftop rumble(?) for easy cash tomorrow. I got a buzzard as well.

I feel bad, I am doing the bare minimum for my plat/100% run. I really wanted to try the peyote, monkey murals, epsilon/kifflom tracts and do the murder mystery thing for michael. (LA noir dlc?)

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Laguna Seca was completely recreated on the streets of Los Santos if you like that sort of racing. Otherwise the create your own job sort of sucks, unless you put the time into making it good.

I've found the majority of non-r* verified missions/races/death matches to be terrible. Mine included.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I was just able to join, only to quit to sp because I am lame and want to bring in the new year yelling at GTA5 SP until I get my platinum trophy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Managed to snag three special crates so far. Only getting the victory fist shirt. :(

• Locked thread