Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
  • Locked thread
Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Well after dicking around with my buddy who just started playing GTA, tonight I start running missions and leveling up again. I miss my jerry can and stickies oh so much..

After that, death will once again rain down upon these insolent fucks.

Also, can someone accept my buddy into LLJK? He requested an invite. jayisspecials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I have poor impulse control and checked this thread because I wanted to go get the PS4 version, not yet Bro.. not yet...

Impulse control is for pussies. You know you want it.

As badly hosed as online is right now, it just gives me an excuse to run missions solo and race when I can connect to build up my levels and unlocks again. A day off and on of this and here I am at nearly level 20 with my Sultan, Akuma and Sabre back. Unfortunately my Infernus will take awhile..

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

MrLonghair posted:

How did people make those maps in cut-off areas before? I've tried entering the creator with an SP-unique area changed or opened up to no avail on PS4.

e: WELP lobby crash just as I was going to try to figure out mic VS voice balance

e: If you're on currentgen online and not finding AI cars behaving weirdly, lagging like mad, doing U-turns where they shouldn't like they're at a bath, or that the framerate regularly dies and becomes unplayable once you get up on a tallish building and hanging around doing action, I want to know your secret. I'd jam an SSD into my PS4 if that would fix it. This is ugly and not acceptable and not fun.

I'm on PS4 with the digital version and have had none of those issues. I'm just experiencing disconnects and such. If I just want to run missions or roam around wrh a buddy, I can do that with nearly zero issue.

No clue what's happening with yours.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Well last night was.. better. For awhile at least. My buddy, Kelly and I managed to stick together for awhile and chased some white dots, which was what this game is all about and should forever BE about. Every day seems like a slight improvement over the previous. So, by Christmas, it might actually be somewhat stable and good again like it eventually (somewhat) got to be on the PS3.

This is also the first generation where actually using a mic as well, which is actually better than I expected. Now if I can just refrain from cursing so much. Ah, gently caress it.. that's fun in and of itself.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Well last night was the first right-proper night of GTA working okay on the PS4. I landed in a server with LLJK, had upwards of 20 people in it, and lasted for well over an hour. Which gave me ample time to gently caress with a bunch of dudes that were drowning everyone else out on the mic.

So, I spent the next 30 minutes taunting them and attempting to get "down with the block," and gain some "street cred," with them. Alas, I am merely a "stupid rear end in a top hat cracka that is as low as bird poo poo." I am a horrible person who deserves death..

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Haha, I liked my homey. He was so nice.

I'm sure I was the only one who enjoyed that, but it's just so hard to pass that up. And as long as they keep talking back, I'll keep going. And they.. just.. kept.. going.

"So if I want to be down with the block, I should lay someone down and wash them as you say?"

"gently caress you rear end in a top hat!"

Fake edit: plus their homophobia was quite confusing. "Muhfuckah's enjoyable human being rear end talkin' 'bout washin' people. I'll gently caress him in his enjoyable human being rear end if he tries to wash me!"

...right.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Wee Bairns posted:

To be fair, the noose comments came after Quicksand_Jesus' comments about going get his white hooded robe on.

And some of the stuff they were coming up with, like school shootings? Jee-zus. I don't think anyone from LLJK will be 'down with' the BLOK any time soon.

Edit: The main rear end in a top hat would have been fun to trade kills with had he actually stopped spewing stupid poo poo. He had some pretty decent skills. Better than me by a metric mile. Just would not shut up.
Ever.

How dare you sir! My comments were entirely race-neutral! I can't say for certain what nationality they were. But if you want to make that assumption off their voices and speech patterns, be my guest.

I need to friend you.. simply because you sound identical to the mechanic. Haha.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Plus, don't be thrown off by the ranks. They mean absolutely nothing most of the time. Anyone can be level 200 if they grind long enough. I mean look at Kelly! (You know I'm kidding.)

I've seen plenty of players at that level that can't drive worth a poo poo and are even worse shots.

Well, time to get on and see who I can harass. Anyone on PSN feel free to add me and join in: LapsusMemoriae.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

I don't know what people want. Either grind through missions and races for rank and cash, or don't and level up slowly. Unfortunately the days of glitching for cash and RP are over.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Kelly posted:

I hadn't even thought of that - the DLC weapons really are a game changer for the lower levels.

And really, there weren't a ton of RP glitches through. I've been playing regularly since the beginning on and there were only a couple that people used, and they didn't last too long. Nothing like the money glitches - of which there will be more I am sure.

The only RP glitch I recall was on capture the flag where you could pick the case up and hover over the drop zone in a helicopter. I did that a couple times for about an hour and jumped 30 levels. That was quite nice.

I just miss the cash simply so I could afford to buy and sell cars until I found one I really liked.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

circ dick soleil posted:

The Infernus is the prettiest supercar.

Welcome to the Infernus fan club. It's the only one I'll drive simply because it's the prettiest.

...and because it has the louvres on the back, protecting me from gunfire and allowing me to back over people.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

geeves posted:

I stole some low-level's Cheetah after your 293840 disconnect and was able to repeat. I'll have to check if I saved that video or not.

Gentlemen, thank you for giving me a new goal for the night. Time to create a new man-made dam in the bay.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Oh, God.. let's not get into people and their hour long diatribes of the same loving stupid-rear end "I killed you" lines.

Just ask Kelly about "lay down," or "I'ma wash you."

Or we can talk about the kid with a speech impediment trying to say "get wrecked," but it sounding like "get wet."

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

You mean.. someone actually just takes the ride from the merry weather pilot and DOESN'T shoot them in the head as soon as they land?

Huh. Color me surprised.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Online appears to be working again. I am standing in my garage and everything.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Slim Killington posted:

I feel like the Sultan thing is an in-joke that I don't get. It's a terrible car. The Oracle is objectively better in every possible way as far as 4-door cars go. Is it the rarity or something?

Leave. Now.

It may just not be your preferred car for whatever reason. But for me--and I know plenty of others--it has a really great weight/power ratio, is all-wheel drive, and has juuuuust enough slide to it that it whips through corners.

Add in how much oomph/value you get each time you upgrade it, and it's dirt-cheap replacement costs(particularly when Kelly throws stickies like its fuckin' amateur hour. ) and it's a winner in my book.

The oracle just feels heavy and slow. No matter how much j upgrade it. Meanwhile, I can chase down pretty much anyone in my Sultan--even if they're in a super car. It's just. That. Good.

E: and yes, I will also be on tonight with the rest of you non-celebratory goons. Let me take out my frustrations on the pubbies.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Glad we're all agreeable. So can we murder his rear end now for speaking out of line? That sin alone deserves penance. I'll bet he doesn't like Horse Factory either!

And yes Kelly.. you are an expert sticky thrower. The only time we die from one is when I gently caress up, or it does some weird glitchy thing*. I am sorry for speaking out of line..

*You're a woman. I know better than to argue.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Jonesy posted:

Bravado duneloader according to the video, I feel like I've seen it out by the airstrip before but it may be a purchase only thing

They're out there. I had one for awhile and yes, you can stand in the bed no problem. I just got rid of mine because there's nothing to mod on it.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Anytime dude. I've friended you, and I'm sure you're friends with Cash. We're all on pretty much daily in the evening.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Anyone want to get me up to date on popular tactics and methods to gently caress with people ? Messing around in SP I see how they increased the amount of cars that spawn in traffic, giving me ideas of making road blocks with buses/semis.

I just came back after selling my PS3 early last year. To my eyes, not much has changed.

I still chase people down, sticky them, and blow their shut up.

I still cargobob people's cars to impossible locations.

I still block people in stores with their cars.

If I'm broke, i Jerry can people's rides and let them eat the insurance costs.

Passive mode is weird and hosed up now. You can't kill people in passive mode (that I've found) like you used to do. Though I understand you can pick up a car in a cargobob, go passive, and people will destroy their own car trying to shoot you. That sounds delightful.

In other words, it's not changed much. Just prettier and the option for more people on the server.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Was gonna say.. I don't know a half of the goons online that you do, Kelly. But I want to say I know when it's a crew game, which could only be because I'm seeing LLJK somewhere on the invite..

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Kelly posted:

Please, everyone feel free to smoke up I might actually win a couple races that way.

Oh, Kelly. You silly woman driver you. I'll be sober, and Jay will be there too. So you're guaranteed two things; you won't be last, and you're guaranteed to gently caress me--who will in then gently caress you--out of many wins. It is the way things are meant to be.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Hahahahaha. That was amazing. Every moment of my lovely race performances were made up through my Gandalf'ing the tunnel on Horse Factory.

It's a loving challenge in itself to stay on top of those containers with the constant ramping of trucks trying to murder me. And when you run out of sticky's, it gets even tougher. But I persevered!

E: Red, I assume by "lasagna miracle," you meant Lapsus Memoriae. In which case, I'm free any time baby.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Wee Bairns posted:

Closer? What happened to 'closer' when you blew us all up in the Vinewood tour bus trying to kill someone that wasn't even on it!

Hahahaha. That was one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile.

"lasagna wasn't on there!?"

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Kelly posted:

Same - I have about 30 million and am happy to front it but if you are a jerk then you shall be a jerk alone!

Well poo poo, then I'll NEVER play heists!

God drat it, why does it never pay to be a jerk!? WHY!?

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Kelly posted:

GTA is like LIFE, man. Don't you see that???

at the new avatar.

Hahaha. Holy poo poo. I hadn't seen that. Whoever did that--THANK YOU. I will love you forever.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

me your dad posted:

Business as usual

Further car chat: What are the current top dogs in the sports class and super class? I see so many people driving Zentornos in races that I feel like I'm missing out in my Entity. And my sports cars consist of a Carbonizarre and two Sultans and both make terrible choices in races.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter what the "top choice" is in either class. I race a maxed out Infernus in super, and a maxed out Sultan in sports. And most times, I'll beat any pubbie. Pick a car that suits your driving style and work with it. I don't WAN'T to race a Zentorno and I don't WAN'T to race a Massacaro because everyone else has them. It makes me beating those cars all that much sweeter.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

im pooping! posted:

Anyone trying to rank to 100 as fast as possible on PS4, I'm gonna grind missions for like 7 hours tonight. Preferably 4 player missions so we get more variety.

PSN: clown_skull and I'll be spamming crew invites for whoever wants to play.

Meh, I'm down for parts of it. I don't particularly care how fast I level to 100 since I'm 91 already since the PS4 launch, but the money sounds good in between me selling my chrome dubstas.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

All this stupid license plate talk made me finally decide I should try and make mine work. It was still the same one from PS3, so I put a ticket in to reset it, went and tried it once more, and voila it works! I'm pleased.. especially since I can't change my PSN name now.. dicks.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

You actually don't need one to start spawning them at all. It's just quicker if you have one.

If you don't have one already, you go up around the curve from the intersection that they spawn in, sit in the driveway of a house, and one will eventually spawn. It did it for me and I was in my sultan.

Once you have one, it gets much easier. They spawn from 7 - 3p. I tend to pick up three in that time period, and that's taking into account me driving to get one, then driving it all the way down to the airport garages, and then going back up. I will load up a 10-car garage with them, then sell them all off and repeat. It's an easy $365,000 in between missions and races and what-not.

Kelly, if no one helps, I'll be in tonight and will help you snag one.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

I've tried this method a dozen times. And it never worked.

What worked for me was to be in GTAO, be in the car I'm going to put the plate on, and THEN order it on the app. I got an immediate in-game notice to take it to LSC to finish the order. First try and it worked like a charm this way.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Actually you can reset your plate. Just files ticket. They reset mine within an hour.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

That playlist was fun as always. Though I do vote that when horse factory is ran, it it set to utility class only. Well.. MAYBE compacts.

For those that wonder, here's the top words/phrases from our playlist last night:

"Triangle"
"You have to hold triangle. It charges."
"gently caress!"
"God drat it!"
"loving fence!"
"God damned hair pin.."
"Noooo...."

And my favorite.. something that always makes me happy when I hear this in a playlist from a new person..

"what's horse factory?"

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Wee Bairns posted:

I got stuck in a shipping container and all hell broke loose with my Rebel's physics....

Also, I managed to win the dreaded Horse Factory, no thanks to this fella.....

What a handsome motherfucker.

Though I don't know where the news team gets their facts. My street name is Lasagna.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

BitBasher posted:

FYI there is a working challenge right now on PS4 that pays 500k for 5 laps of Criminal Records in 2:24 and change.

Please.. tell me more--I need more money's.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

I think "God drat it" was used a lot more than anything else.

Unless it was Gary saying "gently caress you" in which case they were all directed at me. Because he loves me.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Kelly posted:

That other one with the alley by the LCS is a close second. Took me a few times before I realized I could go around.

Oh my god.. That was torture. The only reason I won is because I was on the front row and fired back rockets in that first alley to block everyone up.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Kelly posted:

Ain't no playlist like a geeves playlist 'cause a geeves playlist is MANDATORY.

http://youtu.be/V1HkkNp5a2c

I believe this is more the cadence we were going for last night.

I feel like I should retire from GTA because finishing first in Horse Factory is as good as it's gonna get.

As long as you thank me along with God when you're giving your retirement speech from the podium I'll accept your retirement. I take me satisfaction in the assist.

That was the best horse factory yet. By the end everyone just gave up on trying to get through. I take immense satisfaction in that.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

geeves posted:

They all took it out on me after the list was done. Worth it.

Hahaha. No one ever takes it out on me after the fact. That's actually the perfect time to do it--I've exhausted all my ammo and am essentially defenseless.

Two people doing that together makes things even worse. That's really the reason why everyone just gave up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Rad Valtar posted:

I bought some cars and modded them so next time I'm not stuck at the back rubbing tips with Jay.

Oh good. But just so you know.. cars don't make you a good racer, little fellah. So don't think you'll be rubbing tips with me or Geeves or.. well.. anyone really. So I hope you like how Jay's tip feels.

• Locked thread
«5 »