Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Lyer posted:

Is GTA online down for anyone else? I'm on the PS4.

Yes. PS4 here, as well.

e: I'm able to play in a solo session, but not with others. So you can play to some degree.

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at Dec 4, 2014 around 02:49

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Lyer posted:

Has anyone beaten the mission where you have to take el stupido to the airport? I've tried it 4 times this weekend and it seems to have bugged out every time.

If you mean "he stands there like a wax figure from Madame Tussaud's while you fend off a thousand law enforcement officials," yes, I have that same problem.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

What properties do you all own? I had the Alta St. apt and a house in Paleto Bay since there was a garage and gun store right down the street, but the distance between the two is kind of a pain in the rear end, and apart from rare spawns (the custom Sandking XL and Rat Loader, both of which I've gotten and then flipped for cash), I'm not sure if this is worth the drive form Paleto Bay down into LS. Was curious as to what the rest of you are doing and your rationale.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Have to say the one good thing about Paleto Bay is that the police station always has an armored car or chopper parked in the back for easy access and it's a block away. I'm trying to pull off that deal where you get four stars so I can hijack a Blaine County SUV and garage it, but I keep getting killed. I'll never drive it, since it's completely impractical, but I want a pink, police SUV.

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at Dec 15, 2014 around 19:01

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Thaxxas posted:

EST primetime has been pretty active. If that's when your active add a bunch of us to your friends list because joining friends is less broken than joining crew members.

This will sound dumb, but how do you add crew members to friends list? I was on yesterday doing a few missions with some goons (particularly sgt_driveby or something like that) and I just kind of hope I get job offers from goons.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Kelly posted:

It's not dumb...took me a bit to figure it out too.

When you are in a session with them (mission, lobby, etc) pull your phone up, they'll be in your contacts. Click on their name and select friend request.

Edit: add me too - cashcamden99

Awesome -- thanks.

any of y'all can add me: trainwreck708

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

I've never used chat in a game before -- guess I'll have to now, what with this whole heists thing and all. Not even sure how it works, but I'll try it next time I'm on with you goony-goons. I'll just have to look up how to actually set it up.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Due to your avatar, the goon crew should have been set up as "JFSC."

Zero...point...zero.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

The Fresh Prince posted:

I've always wondered why the buzzard's homing missiles don't lock on to other players. That would level the playing field a bit...

Granted, I was on a mission with some pubbies (the one where you get the homing device out of the Granger and then drive to the place where you hack the computer) and it was funny to watch two of the guys on the crew land their Buzzards twenty feet away from each other, parked on the ground and head-to-head just fire rockets at themselves while we waited for the guy hacking the terminal to finish.

It just looked so ridiculous and pointless, yet fun to watch.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Stringbean posted:

The casual lob made me giggle. It was like you were just tossing a newspaper.

Best part was where they go off and the car explodes and then...toss one more out the side just for the hell of it.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

GlitterBob posted:

Didn't see any snow yet, but there was a Christmas tree in my apartment.

I saw that, but am offended there was no menorah for the Jews.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Snow!

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Digging the way how after some driving you get snow spray accumulation around the wheel wells and lower body. They did a hell of a job with this.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

im pooping! posted:

ugh did lizard squad strike again? i just got booted off and now i cant play because it's a digital version and it can't connect to the sony server for license verification

According to their Twitter, PSN is offline due to them.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Kelly posted:

They dropped through New Year's last year, I believe.

Is PSN still down? My better half and I have actually resorted to rock, paper, scissor to decide who gets the PS4 (he won) and now he can't do too much of anything in Far Cry 4 other than SP. We just keep timing out when trying to connect anything to online.

Seems it. My oldest kid is trying to play FIFA 15 and can't connect.

Also, my boys love the song "El Rey Y Yo" that's played on Radio East Los. I play it in my (actual) car, and can't tell them that I usually listen to it while I'm running from Hispanic gangs that I just stole meth from while firing an SMG out the window.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

MrLonghair posted:

I'm buying a new PS3 tomorrow and
At least they're extending the christmas gift period a bit.

John Coltrane's "Giant Steps" has nothing on that brilliant melody.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Hockles posted:

Whaaaat? I thought gang cars were the most profitable sell.

I would like to know more.

The real money is in the chrome and gold custom Dubsters that are found near Madrazo's house. They spawn every morning at the same turn from about 10:00 a.m. until about 1:00 from my experience. The trick is that you need one in order to get it to spawn regularly, so if you pick one up, put a tracker on it and insure it. Then, head up there, jack someone for theirs and take it to LSC where it will sell for a little over $23k. If you move fast enough and have room in your garage, you can nab two per game day. That can net you about $23k every 48 minutes.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

I may be on as well for the 8 p.m. slot -- trainwreck708

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

I was spectating (I didn't get invited ) and that was the most bizarre cavalcade of a race I've seen.

Although I did have fun with the few minutes I was on with some of you when I took the armored car and then firetruck out for a spin.

I only end up doing stuff with pubbies, unfortunately.

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at Jan 9, 2015 around 14:16

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

The Fast and Deciduous

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Race has to be limited to Pfister Comets AND only weapons are jerry cans.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

"DON'T MAKE MY NUTS HARD" would be a killer username.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

I think I actually made my voice hoarse from screaming at the TV while trying to do races to unlock more parts. It's not that I'm bad, but everyone else has super-modded cars and is beating me. Seriously, the most frustrating part of the game. I had to stop out of frustration and then did some contact jobs with some of the worst pubbies I've ever played with. I think I've got some bad juju today.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

A c E posted:

Platform?

I'm sure someone would trade races with you.

PSN 4

trainwreck708 is my handle. Anyone who wants to trade wins, let me know.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Trip report from last night -- that Fast and the Furious tribute plays beautifully.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

I'll probably be on in a little bit and don't mind leveling. Add me to your list and message me -- trainwreck708

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Bobtista posted:

Since there's a "Max health increase" popup at every level so far (98) does that poo poo continue indefinitely forever? Are the odd level 1000 players I see running around with ungodly gigantic health pools?

Does it even have any impact on your health because I feel no less squishy than I did starting out, really

Doesn't feel like it to me. I was at max health and got killed by an NPC with two rifle shots and I'm at level 70. Almost seems (to me) like the health/damage ratio scales, although I could be and am totally wrong.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

My god, that loving chain link fence and the gas station.

I don't think I made it one lap around that race without going headfirst into one of them. Between that and Hairpin City, I was ready to start drinking. Definitely need to do those races with you all again.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

Anyone want to do some win trading on PS4 right now? Would love to finally unlock my turbo.

PSN: literallygary

Goddammit, I'm on a business trip in NYC and can't jump on. I totally need some win trading. I'll be on tomorrow night if you want to link up for it.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

TheDarkFlame posted:

I would buy a PS4 just to hear the swearing this race must have caused.

I think I did most of the swearing since I suck at racing and have a mouth like a sailor. It was frustrating if you were taking it seriously, but funny as hell since the pileups were so bad. You just get used to seeing "digitalprophet 1st place" and move on.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

MrLonghair posted:

This is the sound of people recommending you get a Vita for remote play goodness.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Kelly posted:

I am very late to the game here - how do I get my hands on one of the modded Dubstas?

I don't have one currently to spawn them.

For the chrome, it's like the hearse. Pretty much need someone to spawn it for you, but I got lucky and found one on my own. I have one, so next time on, I'll get you one if you want.

e: I'll be on tonight, probably from about 7-9 EST.

double e: If you've got a hearse and can spawn one, I wouldn't mind that as a tip. If not, no worries. Happy to get you the Dubsta either way.

MrLonghair posted:

This is the sound of people recommending you get a Vita for remote play goodness.

Took your advice and just bought one on the way home from NYC.

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at Jan 26, 2015 around 20:52

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I've got a (bright pink crew-colored) hearse. Basically you just loop around the block with the church and cemetery, yeah?

At this point, you have to be in a hearse to get one to spawn. I've yet to see one in the game, and I've been by the spawn points countless times.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Oh when I said "you" I meant "me". Like if I wanted to help people spawn one I would just drive around the block?

Exactly. Same happens with the silver/gold Dubsta. Those will spawn without you being in one, but the odds of one spawning when you hit that one intersection while in one are 100%.

Hence, if anyone needs a Dubsta, let me know. If anyone wants to hook a brotha up with a hearse, also, let me know.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Yeah I'd happily help you with a hearse. I play pretty much nightly, like 7ish to 10ish EST unless I have an awful headache or something although that schedule might shift a bit next week. Even so, my PSN is niceboyonline

I'll look out for you

<- trainwreck708

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

Yeah R*'s word filter is schizophrenic as hell which is funny as you can roll down the street and hear pedestrians yell all manner of swear words if you get anywhere near them.

I like how in online they decided to substitute "nigga" with "dude."

You will hear black guys in the game yell at you "You my dude, right?' and "What up, my dude?"

Unlike in story mode, which sounds like Dave Chappelle wrote the dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Wow, I almost want to go and start playing GTA again. Went online last night for the first time in over a year. Have the feeling I'll get bored of it again pretty quickly, but every once in a while I feel the urge to jump on again.

• Locked thread