Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Just getting back to GTA online after a extended(1.5 yrs) away, and on a new platform(PC). Can you still inject SVG into crew emblems to make custom ones? Do the old ones show up in game(like the Weazel news one I made)? Anyone on PC want to schedule some heists with me? I'd prefer not to powergame them as I haven't played any of them and would like to get the whole experience. Any major things I need to know change since early 2014?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Are the glitch vehicle into garage bugs still around? Seems my garage was cleaned out on the 360->PC transfer. Lost all my good cars like the police van, and the Taco Truck.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Powershift posted:

Check your 360 garage on the rockstar social club website, it's possible they deleted the cool cars anwyays. All that's listed in my 360 garage is the lame boring poo poo.

Looks like they did. drat.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Scyron posted:

I still need it but I haven't done the Series A trvor stuff or I think #3 or #5, not sure. I have done fleeca, prison, humane, and parts of the other one, but never the finale.

Mine would have to be something people would want to casually do though, like 1-2 heists per one day of the week, to have some sort of consistency with who we play with and have the same crew. Though on the flip side, I have saturday 10pm CST off until Wednesday 4:30pm CST. So I could easily host it, for those that wanted to do a loyalty thing. All the better, I could buy an armored kuruma after the prison heist, I assume, and I would give the 25% cut, since I don't care about money but I do want that trophy.

Armored Kuruma is after the Fleeca job. I'd be down if you're talking about PC for a loyalty challenge thing. RSSC is Kahsin

HarmB fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 16, 2015

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Ra-amun posted:

Sorry to whoever got stuck with the pubbie on that van setup for the pacific heist. I bluescreened and had to restart.

Honestly, we probably shouldn't have let the level 7 pubbie be navigator/play with us anyways.

That was me. I agree, but I almost found some vans without his help!

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Thump! posted:

:(

For shame.

Well then, let's get our own group together. Let's assemble some PC-bros to play through the heists over a few nights. I've got tonight available, though I'm UTC-10 or EST-6, which means it's already evening on the East Coast.

I'm Kahsin on RSSC. Starting Wednesday I should be available anytime everyone else is, otherwise, generally not until after 10 EST.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Marzzle posted:

So does anyone wanna help me finish out these heists? Spent about an hour tonight waiting for 3 pubbies to join only to have one drop out mid mission :(

I'm down, RSSC is Kahsin.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

hagie posted:

It would be neat if you could join a server with like leveled people. You could have similar expectations as far as vehicle interactions.

Though, really, most 100+ don't actively hunt low levels often. They seem to react to the fly annoying their daily schedule.

I don't single out low levels, but I hunt down pretty much any pubbies in radius. I tend to not repeatedly grief them unless they try the same with me. 1-2 kills and I'll move on to the next, but if they try to Karuma me repeatedly, it's on like Donkey Kong.

My personal special fairy princess opinion is that there should be lobbies and restrictions on camera modes. I like to play first person only, but I feel it leaves me vulnerable as some mechanics just work better in third person. You have a wider area to shoot at out of vehicles, you can easily see around corners. Side bonus: Little/ineffective usage of the Karuma as an offensive weapon with first person restricted. You can't see poo poo!

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

I have to wonder how the guns/cars situation would work. I know I'd be annoyed if I can't take my cars with me because I love all of mine. Maybe they'll have some sort of story where you're in trouble in San Andreas/Los Santos and you have to leave. All you're able to take is your money.

Or maybe the next game just adds another city onto San Andreas.

GTA 6 and 7 add San Fiero and Las Venturas to Los Santos.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

Are they many (any?) australian goons playing on the PC? Usually when I'm on half or more of the people are Chinese.

I'm sometimes playing during Aussie hours, but I'm in Hawaii.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Ah cool. I basically only drive around in my big pink Insurgent. It's so funny watching people waste sticky bombs.

Fortunately I've been very lucky to do all the Heists with very capable and friendly goons. And this one pubbie who was an amazing pilot for the prison break. Good times.

Unless you mean the character of course.

There's actually a pretty reliable way of taking out an Insurgent in one go. Being that it takes about 5 stickies, and you can have five active stickies, just take some inspiration from terrorists: Suicide bomb. Take any car, though preferably fast, throw five stickies on the front. Drive into the insurgent and detonate. It's probably pubbies missing/shooting for my face and not the car, but I've never been blown up on the way in. They're always super pissed on how I did it so quickly.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Gorson posted:

Is the Western Sovereign still available in online? I'm on PC if that matters.

Hackers can spawn it, and if you purchased it before(on a console) it'll transfer, but that's it.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Thump! posted:

Chanting Allahu Ackbar over the in-game voice chat is a must for this technique to work properly.

I normally use text because I only sometimes have my mic handy.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Gorson posted:

Dangit. I know at one point it was purchaseable from the in game internet, are they on a rotation? Or was it only able for purchase once and never again?

It was purchesable as part of a holiday thing. Maybe next July 4th?

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Kly posted:

that guys cool as gently caress

Agreed. Some dude in a random lobby weaponstripped me which I found out also removes all your ammo. After bitching about the cost, homeboy hooked me up. We had some fun blowing up pubbies. Then in some crazy land where hackers fight, some guy was using some sort of invulnerability cheat and got counter-hacked and was super pissy about being killed.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

u_s_eh posted:

Replacing the carbine rifle ammo alone will cost ~150k...guess it's time to open another ticket, sigh
If you own all weapons, buying completely full ammo again is about 230k.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Akion posted:

I've always liked just throwing them above the door into/out of a store that a pubbie is in. Sometimes I might start beating on their car with a bat to try and coax them out.

Question - if I cover a pubbies car in gas while they are away in a store, and they get in and drive off will the exhaust farts light the gas on fire? If this blows their car up do I pay?

Not 100% but since I've played with gas in the advanced edition, it evaporates much much faster than it ever did in 360. I can't even manage to cover a car and draw a trail away before it all disappears except the last bit of a trail.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Kly posted:

what? Does changing the radio detonate sticky bombs?

On a controller, they're the same button(dpad left for 360).

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

I was super disappointed when I saw that too. I think Rockstar saw money bags in charging for in game money and decided that they couldn't give away too much. Granted you can still get a bit from robbing the store itself but not really a lot and it's not very efficient vs the time. I also haven't seen any armored cars online. I think they realized that anything you would get a wanted level from would be negated by the call to Lester so they cut it out. I wish that you could do the Fleeca job just in the normal game world because that would be fun if the guy carrying the money also had to be defended and other players could run over and jack it.

Armored cars used to be online on 360 at least. But now that you mention it, I don't think I've seen any online on PC.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

What about the regular Dukes?

I can't buy one from the store, but people who came from PS3/360 can. However, I've seen conflicting information that states the Dukes is unlocked in a single player mission.

If things are locked that way I can't find a checklist. It's driving me nuts.

It's exclusive to returning players. That random file that flips the switch should do the trick. It wouldn't be unlocked in a SP mission. I haven't played enough SP to even get Trevor and I can buy the Dukes.(returning player)

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Pumpy Dumper posted:

So I downloaded mumble to use with goons. Does the overlay function not work in GTA? I was hoping to use overlay to know if it's a goon talking or in game person

I've got it to work for a short time, but eventually crashes GTA, so I'm back to using without. I had to start the game first, then mumble for it to even launch.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

mutata posted:

Cool! Thanks. Now I have to figure out which apartment is best apartment...

I bought all 3 at Weazel Plaza so my garages are easily accessible. I started with 101 on 360 because I liked the view, but now I don't really give a poo poo, but having all the garages together is nice.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

I've read on some of the forums that the "storage" function when you buy/insert a new car into an already full garage will let you keep up to 30 custom vehicles, even if you only own 3 6 car garages. 4 of your cars just won't be in a garage, but can be called for from the Mechanic.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Top Hats Monthly posted:

9:00 CST:

Goon Army! We need people with Insurgents, Hydras, etc.

We're going to be running around the state wreaking havoc!

I'm in. http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/Kahsin

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Kelly posted:

This is great guys because because now thatguybro is going to circlejerk with himself repeating his version of witticisms over and over in response to this donnybrook.

Do you see what greed has done to us?!

You could say that all these Ill-Gotten Gains have gotten to us.

hehehe

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Bilal posted:

Rockstar is never turning on the stock market, are they.

I forgot that even existed in GTA until this post. Was it turned off online at some point?

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

theguybro posted:

Where can I buy that poo poo at or is it a rare car?

It was a valentine's day event car, like the tommy gun. Can't buy it anymore, but I've seen people spawn them before.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

frenton posted:

I really want in on this goon GTA drama but I'm confused. Who do I point at and call a nerd now?

This guy:

You better watch out he'll shoot you with his nipplegun.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

geeves posted:

I still wish we could make photos into crew logos.

Man that'd be something. At least the Weazel Crew got it's logo injected way back in the day.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Stux posted:

so how does playing with your crew work, are you automatically added into a free roam with other members or what? does it work well?

That's how it's supposed to work, but it doesn't really work that well. It will generally get you in a lobby with 1-2 others if your crew is large. If you don't have a ton of online members, it probably won't match you with any.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Captain Beans posted:

Hmmm so what trucks can have people sit in the bed and fire full size guns?

Preferably the sketchiest looking one available.

The technical has the fullest of all full size guns, and looks super sketchy to boot! Other than that probably the bodhi?

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Soulex posted:

Ok, specific questions.

How are the heists? Profit wise? Fun wise?
Is rooftop rumble still the thing to grind for cash?
Can you still hit cars to get strength up?
Is it still super hard to kill tanks?
Can you still hide in bushes to lose wanted level?
Sultan still the best?

Heists are fun the first time, some get old rather quickly. The final heist is pretty good for cash, especially if you cheese the escape.

Rooftop rumble was fixed, and now people generally just cheat the cash they want as spawning cash is super easy now.

Beating up cars should still work, also playing golf works.

No, tanks were greatly nerfed and no longer as fun.

Probably, though I haven't tried it.

4dr all around car, I still like it, but the Armored Kuruma or the Insurgent is most common just because of the armor.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

UserErr0r posted:

Did they patch out being able to copy/paste vector stuff into the HTML code?

Someone, I think it was PoundCoin, was talking about being able to put decals on cars in APB. I want that. Even if we were given a library of 100 pre-made decals, and could only place 10 of them on each car, it would still allow us to customize our cars by putting dongs on them. Because you know that's the first thing goons would do if they had the ability to do so.

From what I've been told, long long ago, like with the first content release update.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Top Hats Monthly posted:

goodbye thread

we had a good run

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

AirRaid posted:

This is awesome.

And this is the absolute truth. Press F2 as soon as you're in game, every time.

I thought the feature was super cool in GTA, it's also now a feature in any game if you have Win10(press Win+G). Though I suppose you could use Win10's feature for applications as well if you wanted.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

SplitSoul posted:

All mods will potentially do that, yes. Use a mod manager.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716767

In the comments of the youtube video, the guy who posted said it only needs to be installed when you're editing. So record online, edit offline with the script installed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

titties posted:

Why can't you still play Witcher 3?

Too late for the free inclusion with his graphics card.

• Locked thread