Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

What am I doing wrong with the heavy shotgun, with regards to kuruma doors? I have to dump nearly a full mag - regardless of range - into the driver's door before it will pop off. After that, the rest come off in one or two shots. This has been under controlled experiments on my own, but if this is what it takes in an actual encounter, I'll be dead before it ever comes off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

orcane posted:

If you want to rip the doors off I think that's just what it takes, but you can kill the guy inside well before that if you aim at the right spots. You don't need to shoot the doors off to deal with an armored Kuruma.

I've tried aiming for the driver, but the widest gap seems to be the one between the two front slits, and even that is kind of dependent upon angle and weapon spread. I admit I've been more prone to try and pull my homing launcher out before attempting to shoot them out, though.

It's kind of academic since some truly heinous villain running script hook dumped 13 million on me while I helplessly rolled around in the endless bags of money, so if it comes down to it I don't really have to sweat the insurance or explosives resupply costs. I was just hoping there was an alternative solution that didn't involve it since a lot of people derive a certain amount of consolation satisfaction with the knowledge that if they don't kill you, they're at least eating into your money. Taking the armor off their armored turd mobile seemed like a really attractive solution, but I guess it isn't really practical until I can more reliably shoot them out of it first. :shrug:

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

There are a lot of legitimately terrible people in voice chat but occasionally you come across gems. The other night a few of us came across a kid named something like "BigPapa" who was doing some amazingly terrible freestyle rap. It was great playing his #1 fan for a while but then someone started harassing him (which he expertly deflected) and then eventually left. At least he wasn't just screaming "rape! rape! ahahaha [racial slurs]" over and over again like most of the kids you come across, little dude was just having some fun. :shobon:

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

vug posted:

What does it mean when pubbies start following you round in freemode, not attacking or talking, just following you
I was on my female character so I dunno if there was some kind of preternatural courtship going on

When I'm not in the mood for free roam massacre I just mildly harass people by following/honking at them, and a friend occasionally picks up pubs and drives them around hoping they'll start poo poo with a semi competent person as their wheelman. I imagine that's overwhelmingly the reason and not just because "yer purddyyy hyuk" but my faith has been tested before.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

I got 13 million in one go on the 5th or 6th and didn't immediately spend it all and I haven't been banned, and rockstar has stated that they won't punish people for the actions of others.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

I wish I could more reliably go over railing and barriers while bringing my bike with me. Stuff like those short on/off ramp barriers are no problem, but I've yet to ever clear those flared concrete center dividers on the highway, and I've had mixed results with other types. Bikes are already prone to really screwing me due to the ability for any civ to change lanes and ruin my day, I'd at least like to consistently be able to say "lol, cya" to anyone pursuing me by just disappearing over some guard rail.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Songbearer posted:

For the best result you'll want to wheelie so your bike's front wheel is level with the very top of the wall you want to ramp over. This makes it so your bike effectively creates its own slope to drive up: Learning this trick made things a lot easier for me.

otherwise it'll hit the underside of the bike and you'll eat poo poo (usually at a billion miles an hour).

I think this is what I've been missing, which popping a wheelie later like proteus suggested has kind of helped with. I assumed I just needed my wheel in the air, so I've been doing the wheelie as soon as I've identified the target and reached a patch of level ground basically, which has often resulted in me climbing too high I guess and hooking the bottom of my ruffian.

Recorded a short practice run and already the results are better. Edited out dead space and me eating it a couple times due to unrelated things like leaning into street lights. ( :downs: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbEwMyNsKfI

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

K8.0 posted:

The KB/M flight controls would be fine if you could put yaw on the mouse instead of roll. As is, they're heinous.

They've always been criminally bad. When I played san andreas I didn't have any sort of controller, and the RC stuff in san fierro and the desert flight stuff nearly stopped me from finishing the game. I wish rockstar would spend more than a passing second actually thinking about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Broken Cog posted:

Fastest way to train strength is probably to launch a Geralt mission and drive to the beach area. There's tons of surfers and bodybuilders there that fight back, and take a few hits to go down, and you'll never get the police on you while on a Geralt mission.

It's pretty boring, though. Mostly because it takes like 20 punches to go up one percent.

Actively punching dudes is probably the wrong way of going about it tbh, since if you just run along the boardwalk punching people in the back of the head while they flee you can more easily autopilot it while watching a show or listening to a podcast. Ducking incoming punches requires more concentration on the boring task.

• Locked thread