Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
What exactly went on at the Something Awful offices?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Beluga
Apr 17, 2007

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Fun Shoe
how much for the light up sign? I want it for my house.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

TipsyMc posted:

You are making me nervous with all your appearances in the forums lately..and now you are closing the offices. You okay, buddy? :ohdear:

i'm taking responsibility for it i suggested it to him in the ask me anything thread and he sais "hmm i probably should." and now a day later 2 days later they are closing.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
The place is haunted isn't it? With Schmorky's still-beating heart under the floorboards.
Most. Annoying ghost. Ever.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
is it true there is a file room and hard copy print out manilla folder of everyone

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Waltzing Along posted:

What's Something Awful?

Your posting.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.788331,-94.2621485,3a,33.2y,128.17h,96.53t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sqsBW3HLlg5KWctmFsFNxgQ!2e0

Only ~11 hours away!! I am definitely not coming, Lowtax.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
this one funny post, it reminds me of every single other thread I've ever made about an event where people would post that they're not coming

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Lowtax posted:

this one funny post, it reminds me of every single other thread I've ever made about an event where people would post that they're not coming

My bad. If I was closer, I would definitely show up and chill. :glomp:

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
ill send you a goodbvye present

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I can not attend, but I'm curious if you guys ever printed out that Bog Slugs poster for the office. That thing was fun.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Beginning of the end. I'll take a coz ee

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Rand alPaul posted:

What exactly went on at the Something Awful offices?

I've always wondered this too. Like, what is its purpose?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

I like to think they printed out good posts and put them up on the window for street traffic to walk by and read.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
TAX PLEASE RESPOND! I WANT TO COME BUT WOULD IT BE COOL IF I LIKED SLEPT IN THE OFFICE FOR A NIGHT BC I AM FROM CLE AND IT WOULD BE A LONG DRIVE?

You can PM me if you want, or talk about it itt so everyone knows how cool I am.

Miker525
Jan 2, 2011
If I wasn't stuck in an icy version of NY I'd do my best to take a trip there. Always wanted to see the horror that was the SA offices. Guess I'll never have a chance :(

Seriously though Lowtax please sell whatever left over SA poo poo you have at the end of this. I want some nice Something Awful gear so I can get show off how internet cool I am to all these internet losers that I attend classes with. I'll trade you some beer for stuff!

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Dear Lowtax, how long will you be at the offices tomorrow? I work about 20 minutes from your office, it would be cool to visit the forums place. Your pal, X-Ray

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
If I wasn't stuck at NKC hospital all weekend I may have shown up.

But probably wouldn't have since I'm terrified of social interaction. Please mail me the SA sign. Thanks.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Rand alPaul posted:

I like to think they printed out good posts and put them up on the window for street traffic to walk by and read.

maybe they faced them all the wrong way out and everyone thought it was just another meth den.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
What was rent at this fine location?

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

JosefStalinator posted:

Yes astute reader. Lowtax posted it earlier in the thread, but he encouraged everyone to buy plat and new accounts to help keep the website (and not office) of somethingawful.com alive.

I'm too stupid to understand your joke.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

I'm the bar called "Whitey's Only" err "Whitey's Occasion" oops

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Dear Lowtax, how long will you be at the offices tomorrow? I work about 20 minutes from your office, it would be cool to visit the forums place. Your pal, X-Ray
Probably most all day.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
Lowtax can you save me a sticker or something? I gave you a dong once remember?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

It used to be Garbage Day, who helps manage / create the front page content, Peatpot, who did the ads, and me, who did god knows what. It was easier to have an office to coordinate / do stuff than running it from my home and having people come in and out at all hours.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Wayne posted:

Wow, KC. I actually am in the area, if the cool kids don't mind a teetotaler baby goon showing up on Saturday. :shobon:

Wayne posted:

What, really? Well, I don't know how we'd handle contact info (IRC, maybe?), but if anybody can get to the airport, I can pick you up. 2012 Avenger, room for 2-4 (depending on mass :v: ), I'd just want some help on gas since going to KCI adds about an hour to the travel time.

Edit: You know, thinking about it, if you can swing a short-notice plane ticket to hang out with Lowtax for an afternoon, you can probably rent a car. Oh well. Just figured I'd offer, WWJD and all that. :)

This loving guy. Cancel the event lowtax cause if this guy shows he's definitely going to drop some catchphrases.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Does this mean SA is in bad financial straits?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Lowtax posted:

Probably most all day.

Sounds like a fun mid-afternoon. Thank you, Lowtax. :)

rubber cat
Jul 1, 2002
I always thought it was cool that SA had an office, sorry to hear it's closing :(

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
In a thread a few months back Lowtax said his Post-SA plans were suicide. Please goons. Go to the office and make sure he doesn't do anything rash.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

No it just means a website that was pretty neat ten years ago doesnt need to waste money on renting a place when lowtax can take care of this poo poo from his toilet

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Somewhere between two and three goons will drop by sometime on Friday. What time will you be in attendance, sir Lowtax?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
also can you get some desperate goonette slamwhale to show up to give hand beezys

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I WILL BE THERE SUNDAY

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

It means I don't want to pay for an office that has two people in it.

CruJones
Feb 22, 2006

by Lowtax
I live in Columbia. My girlfriend wants a date night Saturday. What kind of entertainment can you promise her, 'tax?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Is Garbage Day okay?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Lowtax posted:

It means I don't want to pay for an office that has two people in it.

how long until you are posting from a van?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

CruJones posted:

I live in Columbia. My girlfriend wants a date night Saturday. What kind of entertainment can you promise her, 'tax?

weekend at bernies marathon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Richard "Lowtax" Kynaka,

As an investor in your business it is imperative that I have access to all pertinent financial information about this website. Quarterly revenues, ad money, etc... and I would like to know the future of the company.

-Texaholic

• Locked thread