Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Real hurthling! posted:

ten minutes? she was grinding conversations with some fu-manchu bird she fell in love with for like 3 hours
if it took her 3 hours to negotiate a fuxi i dont even know what to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

ten minutes? she was grinding conversations with some fu-manchu bird she fell in love with for like 3 hours
then she might legitimately be developmentally disabled

Dec 26, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

you should probably not marry the mentally handicapped

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

And fuse the awesome loving watermelon pig that nulls gun for the next boss.

why do that when you can fuse a gu hou and get a demon that not only has a great butt, she also repels gun instead of just nulling. n

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

babypolis posted:

why do that when you can fuse a gu hou and get a demon that not only has a great butt, she also repels gun instead of just nulling. n

Because if you're level 16 for Medusa you are grinding way too much. The pig drake is level 9.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

there's a low level evolution (gremlin i think) that completely trivializes medusa. it nulls both her main attacks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

she was fusing from the start i meant she wanted to talk to all the monster types multiple times to see all the dialogue.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Real hurthling! posted:

she was fusing from the start i meant she wanted to talk to all the monster types multiple times to see all the dialogue.
she is clearly insane and i wish you the best in your marriage

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

she is clearly insane and i wish you the best in your marriage

she's great at most everything besides smt so its cool thanks for wishes 4 years strong

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

so wait she did the same thing over and over of her own volition and then complained that the game was making her do the same thing over and over

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Real hurthling! posted:

she's great at most everything besides smt so its cool thanks for wishes 4 years strong

trouble with smt4 could indicate trouble with other rpgs as well, you should investigate before tying the knot.

Dec 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

so wait she did the same thing over and over of her own volition and then complained that the game was making her do the same thing over and over

id probably complain about the dungeon length too if i was spending 3 hours squeezing conversations from every single solitary rock of a monster

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

i'm pretty sure theres only like 4 different monster personalities in the game and every monster of that category resuses the same dialog

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I think he's weak to ice? Use ice attacks and buffs/debuffs liberally. Fuse your pokemon so if you need more appropriate ones.

Widestancer posted:

Abuse the press turn system

Silver Striker posted:

Try hitting his weakness.

I.N.R.I posted:

deplete its hp to 0

Inflammatory posted:

you must be determined to win

Golden Goat posted:

You're a strong confident woman and no Manotaur can put you down.

I.N.R.I posted:

have sex with the freaking minotaur

01011001 posted:

make sure your ai buddy isnt the one with the spells he blocks, hit him with his weakness, dont bother swinging at him if he's smirking, i forget if he does elemental poo poo but bring monsters that arent weak to it/are strong to it if he does

Evil Eagle posted:

Use the skill "Chitchat" (unlocked by having negotiate) to make him talk one of his press turns away.

All of the skills that let you talk to demons are bad rear end and negotiator Flynn owns.

thanks guys, it turns out the first time I fought him I had the AI guy who cast fire and I had accidently fused my only pokedemon that had defense up

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Also at one point the Minotaur will ask you if you really think you can win, and pick the more confident sounding answer as that will hit him with a damage debuff for free.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
i've been playing SMT4 lately and it is really fun. the tutorial dungeon even has cool shortcuts all over. it's the sonic all-stars racing transformed of SMT dungeons

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Also at one point the Minotaur will ask you if you really think you can win, and pick the more confident sounding answer as that will hit him with a damage debuff for free.

Inflammatory posted:

you must be determined to win
:wink:

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

I.N.R.I posted:

have sex with the freaking minotaur

thats not such agreat idea to be honest.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gently caress with the bull you get the horns

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah she's on the minotaur boss towards the start of the game and has proclaimed that the new pokemon will be played from tomorrow forward exclusively. shame.

"New Pokemon"

*remakes a 10 year old game in the engine of a 1 year old game*

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

That said my wife was playing Mario world 3d with me and can't figure out how to run and jump at the same time sooo

"What you press both buttons at once how are you doing that"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

I couldn't get past the Minotaur for a long time and then someone told me I should always be fusing demons and then i fused around for a while and he became disappointingly easy

Then I put the game down cuz I was so loving bored of it by then

• Locked thread