Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Asema posted:

A mixture of too many TellTale games and playing the far superior Life is Strange has me pretty sure this will be the last time I buy a Telltale game at launch.

I'll wait for the Steam sale for any future purchases

I tried Life is Strange. I got to the part where you need to get into a room that was being blocked by some girl. That was soon after I had to get the art school bullies to stop blocking a different door. I AM A GOD OF TIME, why the gently caress am I dealing with this high school bullshit? That combined with the whole indie/teen vibe made me stop right there.

Does it get any better in that regard? Is it just teen bullshit all the way through with little bits of fantasy on top?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

Looking at life is strange and declaring it "teen bullshit" is like looking at game of thrones and dismissing it because its "fantasy bullshit."

If its not for you its not for you, but life is strange is managing to do some very fun things. Strucurally speaking, the plot is building quite nicely, with or without branching. The dialoge is pretty flaccid though, and is the main area where Telltale still has a huge advantage.

I admittedly didn't get very far but from what I've seen the teen drama was very much the main focus. So that's what I'm asking, does the game move beyond the teen poo poo to something more important/serious?

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Just finished it. I'm assuming there's no way to not lose Ironrath?

Man, this series feels so pointless. I don't know how else to describe it.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

You know what I don't want to even bother. Someone spoil all what happens please

Mira: Margery is mad at Sera for getting you into the party last episode. You can either let Sera take the blame or take it on yourself and be released from Margery's service. Later on the coal boy warns you that someone is spreading rumors that you killed the Lannister guard (another case of damned if you do it, damned if you don't cause I ran away from the guard and threw away the dagger). You find lord Morgryn and he helps you get away from the guards before revealing that he's the one trying to frame you so he can be partners with the Whitehills and then he drops you off at the black cells. Morgryn later comes to visit you in prison and proposes that you marry him so he can have Ironrath because he's convinced non of the other Forresters are gonna make it out alive and if you agree he'll keep you alive. I refused and was executed.

Gared: you find the north grove. There's a village there lead by two siblings, brother and sister, that are actually Lord Gregor Forrester's secret bastards. The brother is a warg and the sister uses blood magic to harness the grove's power and mind controls a bunch of wildlings to act as her guards/servants although she's starting to lose her control over them. Cotter is barely alive and Sylvi wants you to put him out of his misery, the sister wants you to kill him too but as part of a ritual that's supposed to unlock more of the grove's power. In the end they ask you to decide if they should stay and protect the grove or head south to aid Ironrath.

Asher/Rodrick (I chose Rodrick but it probably doesn't really matter): The Whitehills are besieging Ironrath. Rodrick, Beskha and the mercs sneak into Ludd's camp and then you choose between following Gryff and saving Ryon or following Ludd. I followed Ludd and killed him dead, Beskha disappears during the fight. You return to Ironrath and fight the army that's broken through. You kill a bunch of soldiers but get overwhelmed. Forrester mom dies, Elaena is seen being dragged off and Rodrick gets a sword right through the stomach and an arrow to the chest but somehow still doesn't die. Duncan puts him on a horse and he escapes the keep. Gryff is alive and well.

In the epilogue Talia along with Ser Royland (the traitor) somehow made it out of the keep and they find Rodrick and in another scene we see Beskha riding with Ryon.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Vlad the Retailer posted:

Can the torch during Mira's stay in the cell be used for anything?

I was hoping to clock Morgryn with it, but I never got the option to do that.

Max posted:

What was the point of that key that Mira can steal?

What was the point of the contract that you steal from Tyrion's desk? Probably the same as everything else in this series: utterly pointless.

You know, aside from disliking cliffhangers in video games in general the ending probably wouldn't have been so bad and felt so incomplete if there was any hope that a second season would really address everything and continue from where they stopped but there's no way Telltale will be able to do that because too many characters are potentially dead and that creates too many branching paths.

In conclusion: play Tales from the Borderlands even if you dislike the actual Borderlands games. It's far, far better than GoT.

Senjuro fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Nov 18, 2015

• Locked thread