Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Super minor nitpicking: the throne room still has the columns from season 1 when Robert ruled. Joff switched back to the previous dynasty's aesthetic of big spiky things flanked by flaming braziers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Android Blues posted:

I was enjoying the game up to now but this episode was sooooo baaaaad. I love Ramsay gallivanting around in the show, but the opening scene with him was just aggravatingly pointless. "Illusion of choice" is a bit dubious on its own, but throughout that scene there's not even an illusion of choice. The game almost taunts you with how manifestly nothing you say or do matters.

It also makes no sense - if you take the Glenmore soldiers with you to Highpoint, they're returning back with you to Ironrath without a gap in continuity. The whole thing is that they're garrisoned at Ironrath to act as your house guard - so what happened, did Arthur fall down a secret trapdoor while he was walking behind Rodrik a la Scooby Doo? They obviously wrote a scene for what happens if you left the Glenmores behind and then just shrugged and made it the resolution for the other choice too, a la Griff's miraculously healed eye.

In general I was kind of interested in how many choices the game seemed to let you make in the past couple of episodes re: the Forrester's plans, but all those loose ends got mopped up and ignored in this one. Combine that with the game presenting you false dilemmas about the show characters - the Tyrion and Ramsay scenes are just utterly devoid of tension because of this - and this was super inert, super disappointing, and enough to more or less kill my faith in Telltale.

I think it would be way better if they were just comfortable with letting the game diverge from canon. This doesn't need to line up perfectly with what happens in the show: demonstrate that early on, and let the player harm or kill Ramsay at a cost, let them actually screw things up for Tyrion or save his life, and suddenly you can use those show characters in an interesting way again.

Oh, jeez, not to even mention the traitor thing. It was Royland for me and he doesn't even explain his motivations, just yells incoherently at you for a while and makes vague allusions to "your CHOICES caused this. Eh? Eh? Choices!" that don't really hold water. There's a bit where he says, "I did it for what I believe in!" but it's totally unclear as to what he believes in and the script is more interested in having him bluster at you melodramatically than having him be a coherent character.

Terrible trash. Real bad. Super dull. At least Beshka is still in it.

Oh jeez. I seem to have made choices opposite to yours, so everything lined up pretty well in my game. My gut feeling is the game will end on some big cliffhangers to tease a sequel/second season.

• Locked thread