Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Man I wish this was better. Problem is its so railroady I've lost all sense of consequence so I now mainly make choices out of spite for characters I don't like or to see the game bend over backwards to retcon my strange choice back into what they want.
Its weird, i love GoT and hate Borderlands but Tales from the Borderlands is legit fun and this I just find dull.

I think maybe because I know a lot of GoT lore so I'm frustrated when I can't deal with characters the way I'd like which is every conversation more or less. Its also got the classic telltale choice formula which basically boils down to "which character do you want to bitch at you for the rest of thr game?"

I played GoT ep 3 then Borderlands ep 2 right after and its strikingly obvious how much more effort goes into the latter, better voice acting, better art, better animations. Strange to do it that way round considering how big GoT is.

E: My ep1 plan was to seduce the Boltons and the Lannisters into preferring me over the Whitehills, the game has ignored this though and everyone remembers me "trying to stand up to ramsey" and Cersei hates me cause of the tyrion railroad. Left Varys's obvious little bird to die to the guard and hes back next episode with one line of dialogue and a frowny face about it. If I can't do a cheeky grin and gift Dany some human heads to win her badboy-loving heart next episode I will... continue to be bored I guess.

Also, did anyone else save Beshka(?) from the dragon and have your uncle be a huge baby about it? Even if you tell him that you thought he could handle two generic henchmen but she might need some help with a loving dragon, then you say sorry, hes still a bitchy baby about it. More or less says "Words are wind, the game says I'm mad at you,"

Just a shame, when this first came out I was hoping the larger number of characters would allow for a larger number of outcomes, maybe even by the end you can have all the family alive or just one survivor.

Oh and don't get me started on Mama Forrester, miss, "Whatever you do, don't kneel to these bastards" *10 minutes later* "Good work kneeling to these bastards, son, that was my plan all along,"

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Mar 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread