Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Hmm, I think I'll give this one a whirl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah I was kind of confused by this. It tells you stuff like "your actions change the story" but then I played through it again and it's all the same even if you're silent the whole time. They could have at least had changes like maybe change how Ethan dies depending on your choices even if the story will wind up the same.

The only "major" change I saw was that You get this scene where Margaery comes in and tells you that asking Joffrey to help her fails. And before that there's this part where you can steal stuff off the table. But if you don't ask Margaery for help, none of this happens at all. .

So I'll give this a further chance but at this point it reeks of a lazy cash-in.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Definitely thought this one was more interesting than the first one. But I'm not gonna make the mistake of playing it again and ruining it :D. Except I did make a save file where I had a gimmick of responding silently every single time possible and seeing if there's any deviation from playing "straight", so I might continue that one.

Also seems like quite a few people called one of the big "twists" right away, good job.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 4, 2015

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The stupidest guy in this is the coach buzzcut guy who you can pick to be sentinel. He told the cart that was carrying the body of the god drat lord of the house to go away without even looking at them!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Dolash posted:

Also, can I ask again if anyone didn't ask Marg for a favor in episode 1 then got her to write the letter willingly in episode 2? Or do you always have to forge it?

I played a second game and basically she doesn't agree to write the letter but she says she'll go ask lady Olenna for some help. At least I'm pretty sure I didn't ask her for help in that first game. You still get the option to forge.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I was really confused in the song why she would put the part in about cannibals eating the wardens of the north.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I certainly saved Beshka. I try to play each character as if I were them in that situation. And I just can't give too much of a drat about my uncle rather than the person who's actually had my back these last couple years. They sent me away now they want me back when it's convenient to them. Maybe the Forresters are real nice people from what we see in the other ones but if I'm Asher there, well sorry uncle but you're just gonna have to deal with your injuries.

These kinds of games always promise more than they can deliver in terms of consequences. If you really truly made a game like that you'd have to make about a million different episodes to get through all the potential outcomes. So the railroad style stuff it's hard to avoid seeing. Like at the wall you know you're gonna wind up looking for the north grove no matter what and deserting! Even if you swear to protect your vows and mean it. And you can't save Britt no matter what you do in that fight. Yeah he's bad but it's more interesting if he would have lived.

Also at the Ironwrath I stood up to Gryff. It was more fun that way. And also I agree with the other commenters that the mother will turn out to be the traitor. The maester is just too obvious. But the funniest would be Duncan if he's just been completely loving over the house the entire time.

I'm not sure what to make of the King's Landing stuff. Just that I think Sera is so clearly some sort of spy. You just know she's gonna gently caress you over big time.(edited out spoiler cause I don't think it was needed, eh whatever ill put it back better safe than sorry!)

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 26, 2015

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah I'm with the people that say they have no idea what The North Grove is even going to be or how it will figure into the ending. We haven't even gotten there yet and there's one last episode to get there and make it relevant to what's going on at home. It can't end well either. Either it will just be a huge waste of time shaggydog thing or it will be some big thing that saves the day and makes all the other sacrifices that have happened meaningless.

Also not sure how Mira's stuff will be relevant.

Feels to me like they could have left those two plots out and maybe used them for later series with this and maybe just focused on Ironwrath and Asher's plots in this series and it would have been better.

Traitor plot was also really underwhelming. I would have rather they gone with the super obvious answer Maester, or maybe if they went a really shocking route and made it the mother, than the weird sentinel switcheroo thing we ended up getting. Probably would have made for a better storyline if it was a set person even if that person was a little obvious. Oh well. Also it didn't even make sense what Royland was saying about how I was weak, because even though I picked Duncan I always stood up to the Whitehills and everyone else, I never ever made myself look weak. Also saying the traitor was just bitter cause he wasn't picked doesn't make much sense either because Rodrik wasn't even the one who picked that(or did he I can't even remember. But I'm pretty sure that was Ethan)!

Also wasn't too impressed with Asher's army. Maybe we're supposed to imagine there are more than that, but it felt like there were barely any left after the ambush. And they just had to kill off Strong Belwas didn't they... I couldn't leave Asher because I had to keep the Asher/Beshka partnership alive though it would've maybe been interesting to see how Rodrik dealt with the three or so "sellswords" left. But I felt like it was the logical conclusion for his arc, he came back crippled but kept his house respectable until help came and then sacrificed. Asher dying after bringing a handful of dorks over with him just makes his whole plot a waste, so I kept his thing going. And for people who were ready for an ambush they all sure got caught with their pants down.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 22, 2015

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

a cop posted:

Glad to see the game doesn't know what to do or give a gently caress if you agree with Royland in almost all circumstances but make the other guy your sentinel.

Hahahah I noticed the exact same thing in my game. I played Rodrik as the cripple with a death wish. Not only that IIRC Ethan is the one who picked the sentinel anyway so why should it even matter! If they were going this route they should have made it based on how you acted not on some random choice you made as a completely different character. So so bad and dumb.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Just glancing at some spoilers don't know if I'll even bother to play the last episode. Definitely won't get season 2 unless it's a few eps in and the consensus is it's way improved.

Best thing they could have done in my opinion if they're going to make characters from the main series so key is to just say it's not canon and go wild with it. But I wonder if maybe GRRM wouldn't allow that(assuming he'd have a say which I'm not sure of) since he's staunchly opposed to fan-fiction.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Wasnt' as bad as I thought from reading about it, but still wasn't enough to make me really want to see what happens in season 2. Thought the Mira stuff could have been handled better. Didn't see why once your partner or whatever is revealed to be the one conspiring against you they have to make him so typically "bad" like all of a sudden he's wearing a scowl and speaking with a Littlefinger-like sneer, like to make sure we know he's an eeeevil schemer. "YOUR COAL BOY FRIENDS GONNA BE DEAD INSTEAD MUAHAHAHHA". Instead they should have had it seem real practical to marry him like yeah I'm scheming my way out of this then later it winds up you see the coal boy get whacked and not expect it at least I think that would be better.

One thing I did like was as a protagonist getting to set up your own little red wedding sort of deal. That was kind of cool. And gently caress you gwynn your family is a bunch of dumb "bad guys" maybe look at that and see why I'm not just going to buy they will be at peace with me. Ludd ran around pretty well for a fat old dude with a hatchet in his back. Hope Beshka and Asher are reunited at some point, their relationship was the best part of this lackluster series. And I agree with the above poster Asher surviving getting run through like that was totally absurd even for a fantasy video game. They could have had the same scenes in general without that injury and it would have been better.

Not sure what the gently caress to make of Gared's stuff. But that woman is a nut didn't listen to a word she said. And knowing what I know about the future of the wall gently caress if I'm staying up there. We're outta here!

Like I said I'm probably not buying this second season unless it comes out and people say it's improved a lot. Also wish they had made the game in the GoT universe but way in the past that would have been a better idea.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 19, 2015

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The North Grove itself I believe is what they call a "MacGuffin".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah saw the Borderlands one on sale and tried it based on what I read from this thread and yeah I thought that was the most fun one of these types of games I've played. Never played those games either. And it had something I feel like is very rare in games which is a satisfying ending. If someone just played one game like this I'd have to steer them toward that one.

• Locked thread