Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
My main problem with the Telltale games I've played so far, this one and TWAU, isn't the lack of impact from your choices, but the almost complete lack of any exploration. I wouldn't mind that my choices don't matter if I could just walk around a bit, discover cool details and feel like I'm present in the GoT world. I find environmental storytelling to be a much more interesting use of interactivity than Making Important Choices anyway. As it is, I have to wonder why they even bother to implement WASD movement when you are pretty much never allowed to move more than 5 feet from the origin. Dreamfall: Chapters managed to have a large explorable cyberpunk city on a relatively modest budget, so it's not like letting the player explore larger areas of Ironrath would be an insurmountable task.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread