Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Having finished the episodes out so far I've got to say by far the biggest issue is how hosed up the heads on nearly all the show characters are in comparison to everyone else. Ramsay particularly. I can't say I'm surprised at the railroading but actually I'm surprised half of it turns out to only happen the one way, slight deviations or not. It felt like it could have gone wildly off course (then it turned out some of those are game overs, which is bullshit). I love how everywhere in the tv and the show Ramsay's just having the time of his life wherever he wants to. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Regy Rusty posted:

Can someone confirm that Royland is the spy if you went with Duncan as your Sentinel?

Because that's so dumb if so.

That's terrible.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm fine with it overall and I'm certainly not surprised. Since the end of the first episode I've just been making reckless decisions to make things as fun as possible without caring about who lives or dies.

It's still pretty dumb.

I went in with the expectation that no matter what you do the family is doomed.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Spikeguy posted:

I plan to pick that series up when the final episode comes out. It looks more interesting than the Game of Thrones has turned out to be. They should try to make their own IP next. Hell I'm a little interested in the Minecraft one solely because they won't have their hands tied when it comes to storylines and who can and can't die.

Notch will remember that.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dapper_Swindler posted:

maybe. My honest guess is the all the families will kill each other to the last person.

I'm assuming the same thing now which is why Asher and his pit fighters are going to kill them all then go pillage the landscape probably. Also wow the Whitehills are just constantly smug. And there needed to be an option to call Daenerys out. Also I don't give a poo poo about Gared and apparently every Forrester is "reckless". I still like it but wow the traitor thing and all that is kind of annoying. Though I imagine what it will actually be is war between the families or reconcile by marrying Gwyn or something.

quote:

I wish they would just go back to doing Sam and Max games because those were always charming and fun.

I don't understand why they haven't yet. :(

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 23, 2015

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

dmboogie posted:

you know, I've kind of been enjoying this series. Definitely not Telltale's best, but still a good story in the GoT universe. The intro of episode five is seriously making me reconsider this.

Why the gently caress is Ramsay here? Why the gently caress can't Rodrik, a man who you can establish many times to put pride above all else, stab the man who killed his brother? I don't care if you give me an immediate game over, just give me the option! What purpose does it serve to watch Rodrik get kicked in the shins while Ramsay taunts him and cuts a man open? Do we really need more of an affirmation that Ramsay is a one-dimensional evil son of a bitch we'll never get to touch?

tl;dr: gently caress this game

I laughed when he gave you an A for effort for trying.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Also what happens if you spare the kung-fu dude in the pit? Does he join your merry party of gladiators travelling to Westeros, or does another gladiator finish him off and the rest of them call you a wuss for not ending him or something like that?

He joins you and is pissy you didn't let him have an honorable death. The gladiators cheered when I spared him then kicked him in the face for good measure.

RIP Beast. :(

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

By the way with Tyrion, can it ever end with you not getting tossed out by the guard? I'm guessing no matter what Cersei won't help because she's Cersei.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The player should be Ramsay and his struggle to balance his desire to gently caress around and do whatever and his desire to please his father and do his duty.

"75% of players chose to stab Ethan"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Max posted:

I think the reason for this is that he is the least restrained by Canon out of all the playable characters, and is free to actually do things. Also, Beshka is actually an interesting character to interact with.

If the game had offered the option for Asher to go the other way and just hang with Beshka and pitfight or something I'd have taken it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Doltos posted:

Anyway, the traitor thing wasn't that bad. I had Duncan be the traitor, which made sense. I can see how people who picked Duncan as the sentinel would be disappointed though. What I'm really pissed off about is how fast Rodrik/Asher died. Ethan made sense, but Rodrik/Asher was an unnecessary choice considering how much effort was put into both of their story lines. Like you spend all this time rebuilding Rodrik only to have him die again, which makes everything else kind of empty, or you have Asher come all the way to Essos just to die in port. There comes a point where it just sucks to watch Omnipotent Bad Guy destroy every plan. The GoT books are full of great causality. Characters bring their own death upon them through their own flaws, or characters succeed due to well laid, well thought out, well worked for plans. The last season of the TV show and this game shows that other writers can't quite grasp that concept and just want to kill the good guy to cash in on the shock value.

The traitor is always the person you do not pick for Sentinel, that's why it's retarded.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Half the options I picked for sincere with her came out as sarcastic, for Christ's sake. I wanted to tell her friend that "yeah, you should get distance from me, I'm into some dangerous stuff" and all I could do is snark at her to various levels.

That bugged me enough to reload and choose another option. I hate when games do that.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Remember when Telltale was praised for being the only devs to "get" episodic gaming?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

bobjr posted:

So who wants to be on the ending being Gareth reaching the North Grove, and looks into a shining light as it ends on that as a cliffhanger

I'm going to go with everyone dying.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hallowed posted:

Just finished.

Out of 5 playable characters 3 didn't survive.

Does Beshka?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Frankston posted:

Hahaha. After waiting that long it ends on a loving cliffhanger.

That was total garbage and I won't be buying season 2.

Seriously? Well gently caress that then.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Roman Reigns posted:

I don't know, I thought that part was pretty cool.

Everything else, especially Mira, was utter nonsense and this was a miserable train wreck to play through. Which makes it a true GoT game, since the show has basically devolved into that as well.

I'm playing it tonight but just to confirm nothing Mira did this entire season has mattered in any way, right?

I like that the plot is a sinking ship you can't save but Telltale really dropped the ball on it.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Finished it, that was laggy as gently caress on the PS4, for some reason. Married Morgryn, sacrificed Cotter, went with Asher but called off the poisoning, mostly because why not? I fought with FIERCE PASSION.

This really should have just gone between Rodrik and Asher's perspectives and ignored Mira and Gared. The GoT making GBS threads on the Forresters at the end was pretty funny though. I guess it was ok overall but man that went downhill from the first few episodes. The stupid thing is it's mostly six episodes of making GBS threads on the characters the player's supposed to identify with but there's barely no catharsis, and it's blatantly obvious that the olive branch gestures will never work. Except you're poo poo on more for not taking them after figuring that out.

e: Also it's pretty funny that it keeps setting up Ludd's bodyguard as someone to care about.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 20, 2015

• Locked thread