Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I get why the Forrester's are so similar to the Starks. They get to use character traits that are familiar but can kill anyone they want without messing with continuity or canon since the Forrester's are pretty irrelevant to the story at large but just important enough to rub elbows with the big players in the conflict. There is a strange lack of incest and rape for something GoT related though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If Ethan does come back it will be with unnaturally blue eyes.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The last book in the series will end with a dance party where everyone who has died turns out to be alive and well and everyone puts aside their differences and once the party is over they all ride into the sunset together on one horse with a special saddle designed by Tyrion.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I tried to find a middle ground between standing firm and being diplomatic. I mean obviously a tiny house that is sitting on some prime natural resources but has very few men and is lead by a little kid isn't going to stand much of a chance against the Boltons in an open fight but that doesn't mean you you have to bend over and take it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Dongattack posted:

Lol you think GRRM will finish another book.

He'll finish the last two and then do a whole book series on the history of the Targaryen dynasty. He won't be finished with ASOIF until 2048 but he'll get there eventually.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Does murdering the Lost Legion dude instead of smashing his knee or letting Baksha kill that random legionnaire change anything?

I hope we eventually get a chance to strike back at the Whitehills with full force because they're basically just pure dicks.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

"Syrio died on the way back to his home planetos"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I dunno. She does stab the poo poo out of a dude near the end of episode 2. That has got to count for something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Did most people really not stand up to Gryff and take the beating? I thought it was obvious that he was a coward acting big and wouldn't actually do anything. Not to mention being a submissive wuss in front of all your people is probably worse than if he actually did have the guts to make good of any of his threats. Especially since the Forresters are basically a really fancy mountain clan. Strength and honour are basically all important. Subterfuge and plots are for soft Southron summer children.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 5, 2015

• Locked thread