Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I liked it a lot. Even though I know by now that the story changing based on your choices is an illusion, this game having multiple POVs offers a fun opportunity to roleplay as each of them. For instance with Ethan I went out of my way to make the worst, most impetuous decisions since I figured he was a boy lord, eager to prove himself but not capable of leading. I sneered at Whitehill, I cut off the dude's fingers, I picked Royland and tried to show Ramsay my strength. So when he got shanked I was quite satisfied because it's exactly the kind of thing that seemed like it should happen following my actions. Of course the illusion is that the same result happens either way, but it's still fun in the moment.

Does anything come from the final section with Mira where you can take the key or the seal? I didn't pick either but then the scene was so short so maybe the payoff for that is in future episodes. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the coal boy and Mira getting involved with the little birds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You and 4.3% of players sold out Cotter when he stole Finn's knife.

He had it coming.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Slashrat posted:

Did anyone here manage to keep the betrothal intact? And if so, what seemed to be the deciding factor for you?

I did. I ended up offering them half of our Ironwood. Unbeknownst to Rodrick, Mira has also offered large amounts of Ironwood to Tyrion. I dearly hope that these two offers end up in conflict with each other.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DialTheDude posted:

Yeah, these were mine as well.

Also, what happens if you choose to attack Damien instead of running? Does she kill him right there, or just injure him? My line of thinking is that an injured guard would tell others which was something Mira could do without and I didn't want to take that 50/50 chance of somebody weeding her out.

On another note, I'm really glad that the actors from the show didn't phone it in. It's good to see that they take the side stuff as seriously as the real deal.

She murders the poo poo out of him and it's extremely badass. Mira is my favorite character.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This hasn't happened yet. This is taking place before the Wildling Attack that was the big end of season 4.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's pretty different in the show yes. All of season 4 takes place after Jon returns from the ranging at the end of season 3. They pad his storyline out a bunch with an invented plotline so that the Wildling attack can be the big season 4 finale.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

a cop posted:

Good ep. Was surprised to see that only 37% won the betrothal. Was not surprised to see that only 4.9% of people sold out Cotter. I couldn't resist lol. Was retarded how he still hulks out on you.

I was trying to make friends with the big hulking brute rather than the tiny weasel. I was disappointed there was no option to let him beat the poo poo out of Cotter.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

The stupidest guy in this is the coach buzzcut guy who you can pick to be sentinel. He told the cart that was carrying the body of the god drat lord of the house to go away without even looking at them!

Yeah he's an idiot, I'm so glad I had that moron Ethan make him the sentinel.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I kicked the guy off the wall and stood up repeatedly after punching every Whitehall possible in the face. It's great.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dolash posted:

As for the traitor, I'm pretty sure it has to be the Maester - it's not about to be your mother and I think they're trying to play up how Duncan and Royland will feel cheated if they're not made Sentinel, but if Royland's Sentinel then Duncan'll still be trying to get Gared to find the North Grove, not something he'd try to do if he was selling the House out.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. If Duncan was the traitor he'd be trying to get the North Grove for the Whitehalls, and that's the one thing they don't know about. Plus the Maester is the only one who is still in the same position regardless of the choices you've made. It's gotta be him.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Red Red Blue posted:

I'm more or less picking choices based on what I think would be more interesting to see happen, and man, everything is so hosed right now :allears:

Hell yeah. I figure it's going to be a clusterfuck and everything is going to go horribly anyway, so why not try and make sure it's the most horrible it can possibly be?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I really liked the choice in the Whitehill's keep. Admittedly I'd have liked it better if ATTACK could actually have stuck and had horrible casualties but at least it was hilarious to get to see it and then rewind. Calling his bluff was cool too.

Less thrilled to see Ramsay back again because it's no fun trying to gently caress with someone who has total and complete plot armor. I'm fine if everything turns to poo poo and ends up in a huge disaster but it's less interesting when you're up against a guy who you know that at the very least you will never be able to kill or seriously harm.

One other thing that annoyed me is that there was no option to argue to Croft that Beskha killing her old master was perfectly just and in keeping with Dany's mission. You better be able to at least point that out to her next time even though I fully expect her to hypocritically ignore it but well that's just Dany and we're plenty used to her by now.

Overall this was a really fun episode. I just like going all out nuts and reckless more and more as things go on because actually trying to carefully plan things is just a waste of time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Litany Unheard posted:

So this is half-off on Steam right now. Should I buy it?

Relevant info:

- I liked Walking Dead S1 and The Wolf Among Us, but found Walking Dead S2 disappointing.
- I read the first two GoT books and didn't like them enough to read the third.
- I haven't watched the TV show.
- I like pointing at things and then clicking on them.

Tell me how to waste my money, goons.

If you're not interested in Game of Thrones or the books, don't buy a video game based on them because you probably won't like it either.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gin_Rummy posted:

What if I like the books, like the show, and kind of enjoyed Telltale's Back to the Future episodes? Is this game worth the $15?

Sure it's worth a shot.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Can someone confirm that Royland is the spy if you went with Duncan as your Sentinel?

Because that's so dumb if so.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ekusukariba posted:

That is indeed how it works, someone already made these, Major Spoilers from Episode 5 ---->http://imgur.com/a/KGiZ1

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah I went with Duncan for Sentinel. Royland was revealed as the traitor. He gave a long angry speech about what a pussy rear end lord Rodrick was then asked him to spare his life in exchange for information about the Whitehills. He got murdered, I'm gonna assume at this point that having the information wouldn't have affected the outcome anyways.

Haha it's so terrible

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lagomorphic posted:

I'm still enjoying the game. Honestly all of the the railroading sort of fits the theme. The Foresters are a minor house caught on the losing side of a war. So the constant struggling in vain against greater forces only to get hosed over constantly by factors beyond your control feels pretty appropriate for a GoT story.

I'm fine with it overall and I'm certainly not surprised. Since the end of the first episode I've just been making reckless decisions to make things as fun as possible without caring about who lives or dies.

It's still pretty dumb.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Munsun posted:

Like 30% chose to stab ramsay, how can it be that low? :lol:

Probably because they all knew it would be pointless.

I still tried though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You know what I don't want to even bother. Someone spoil all what happens please

• Locked thread