Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!

etalian posted:

In typical Telltale fashion there's no way to change the outcome, even though it's somewhat ridiculous from a plot development point of view.

I liked the first episode but it felt like it couldn't step out of the shadow of the main show.

For example the whole Forrester family just seems to recycle the starks character for character. You have the stern noble mom who will probably make bad decisions in the future or the noble dad who obviously picked the wrong side of the conflict.

Yeah this is what irks me about it. Would love to play through a unique story set in this world. Not really inclined to see fall of the Starks v2, seems like lazy writing to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!

Roman Reigns posted:

Elissa is really the only one that feels like a copy to me. I get how some people think some of the cast are stand-ins for people on the main show, but I thought the characters were pretty distinguished in their own personalities.

It's not so blatant that they are literal analogues of Stark characters, but the premise of an honorable Northern house becoming besieged on all sides by dishonorable enemies, causing the children to be scattered all over the world and have to fend for themselves is a bit too close to what we've already seen. Obviously that kind of framework has some virtues on its own, especially an easy way to run down all the different setpieces in Westeros, but I still think that could have been accomplished in a more original way.

Of course it is only the first episodes so things might diverge wildly in which case I'll be happy to eat my words.

• Locked thread