Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I think the opposite actually. Honoring your lords last wishes and not telling the Maester is totally the sort of thing that comes back to bite you in the rear end in this setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Narcissus1916 posted:

I tried to get into Alpha Protocol but generally dislike games with heavy rpg elements.

In terms of environmental storytelling, I really wish we would get more scenes like investigating Toad's apartment in the wolf among us' first episode. No spoilers, but you're basically testing a person's alibi and using the environment to figure out what really happened. It is AWESOME and does a better job making you feel like a detective than the whole of LA Noire.

There's a recent indie-game called Consortium that does something like that. It's basically a murder mystery on a plane, and you go around questioning the crew and ultimately have to decide which among them is the most likely suspect to pursue further.

I'd say it does it even better since it isn't made obvious when you make the right connection. It just dumps information on you and lets you sort out which alibis hold up. Then you choose among all possible suspects which one to investigate further, with the consequences of that becoming apparent even later. (And this is all while wrangling with the results of your ability to maintain the 4th wall in front the crew)

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jan 7, 2015

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Did anyone here manage to keep the betrothal intact? And if so, what seemed to be the deciding factor for you?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
A knight has to mind his manners in the presence of a lady, even if he intends to kill her.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I thought it was another expression for raising your glass in acknowledgement or something. I didn't expect it to mean starting bar fight with the guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Pththya-lyi posted:

:Sera Talk:

It is pretty obvious. I hate that she knows stuff about Mira, even though I'm trying my best to keep things from her and not let her get her hooks into me.

My impression from Sera was completely different. I didn't help her the first time, but have been pretty helpful and trusting of her since (Not giving her the details but not trying to lie to her either, instead just letting her think whatever she initially assumes and asking her to not tell anyone), and she has been a total sis so far, helping out and confiding in Mira in a way that seems quite genuine. It may come back and haunt me later, but I'm convinced that at this time Sera considers Mira a real friend rather than a pawn in a scheme.

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Mar 26, 2015

• Locked thread