Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
So for me the traitor has to either be Lady Forrester or the Maester, I can't see it being either Duncan or Royland, I'm leaning a little towards the Maester simply because of the badly delivered line "no gryff, not the ARM", but honestly it'll probably be Lady Forrester, Does Gwyn mention the north grove at all if you blab about it to everyone? that would let us know now who it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I couldn't stay down, I just hate Gryff that much that even if it fucks up peace I can't let that brat walk all over me, you also get the best line so far if you stand up "You know what they did to me at the twins? Shred my face. Put their swords through me. Tried to smash my skull open. But they couldn't kill me. And you're not the man to finish the job."

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Hakkesshu posted:

So if you kick Britt over the edge does Finn still walk in on you?

of course, i wish that they could have variety in things like that but it never really happens with telltale games, like how i still got yelled at for fighting Finn, even though all i did was block punches

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Anyone know what that patch was for?

Probably for audio issues, during the last section half the people didn't have voices for me if i picked duncan as sentinal

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
What are the 5 major choices this episode? Steam version isn't showing me what they are. It was a pretty good episode except the ending with Ramsay, which killed any hype I had and waiting for episode 5 shouldn't be too bad now

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

The question is, realistically, what are you actually hoping to do? Your house is so small you think 20 men is an army and you're going to gently caress up psycho Bolton? I think the post above me nailed it, and knowing he cannot be DEFEATED makes minimizing the damage the tense part. I really think people are too hard on it.

I don't get why Telltale has put 0 hype into the game though. I'd barely know it existed if I didn't blink, and a total of 1 person on my full Steam list has it. It's kind of nuts.

The problem I have is that the show characters are more scripted and linear then everything else, like Cersei will always hate you, Tyrion is always going to help you, etc, so it doesn't really matter how i act around Ramsey since he'll either kill people or not, my choices won't matter in that regard, and I know that choices don't really matter in a telltale game but every once in a blue moon there is a choice that changes a small detail, but i know that choice won't be in regards to Ramsey

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Some Xbox one people got the episode earlier so watch out for spoilers

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Can someone confirm that Royland is the spy if you went with Duncan as your Sentinel?

Because that's so dumb if so.

That is indeed how it works, someone already made these, Major Spoilers from Episode 5 ---->http://imgur.com/a/KGiZ1

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I don't get it. Why would they make the traitor the guy you actually like enough to pick as your sentinel?

I didn't like the other guy anyways.

You're misunderstanding, it's whoever isn't the sentinel

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Overall I thought the episode was kinda meh, lots of dumb things Finn getting killed off because Telltale choices, Gryff's eye was fine even though I bashed it, The "Army of Sellswords" ending up being 5 people who I think half died anyways I went with Asher for who lived, I'm still conflicted on who would be the better choice but I do like the fact that now they have the Forrestor Sword, I hope Asher has some interaction with Gwyn oh and does anyone know what happens if you spare Bloodsong?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
The eye thing really bugs me, I know its such a little detail but why even make an option to bash his face in and blind him in an eye if he can just magically heal it?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
So is Gared just going to show up with Ice Dragons and save the day or something? Because I can't really think of a way he can help, he still has yet to find the North Grove, so he assumable finds it next episode but then what? get all the way back to Ironrath area with whatever he finds, getting past the Wall in the process. At first Gared was my favorite person to play as but now it's just getting boring to be him

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I'd say this is better than season 2 of walking dead because there's actually some likable characters

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

jon joe posted:

Echoing the statement that this game would have been far more interesting if was near 100% Mira. She's been the only character I've cared about since episode 2. Everyone else is just constantly getting poo poo on, but she's actively improving things while evolving as a character. This means, of course, that she will have the most tragic and least satisfying ending.

Did anyone besides me not try to kill Ramsay because you knew he had plot armor so why even bother? What even happens if you try?

You cut him a little bit I think? or almost cut him, either way he's impressed and says maybe you aren't so crippled and he'll have to be more careful

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

So It Goes posted:

The trailer for the telltale minecraft thing looks absolutely awful. Like, that art style is just hideous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAnRtMEDrvU

It's basically just playing a Minecraft Machinima? So is this game for like kids rather than the normal older fanbase that telltale games have? and does anyone recognize the female voice? sounds really familiar, Ellie from Last of Us?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. it doesn't look that great, i might pick up the first episode, but other then that ehh. i want telltale to pick up more franchise or maybe a new IP. GoT is alright, it has a decent amount of gut punches, the obvious problem is the amount of plot armored show/book characters that appear in the game. my honest guess is that it they are gonna end it on a cliffhanger for a possible season 2.

I hope there is no season 2 because that guarantees that the surviving brother is for sure dying. I can think of a few franchises that could be interesting games but I don't really trust Telltale to make them

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

etalian posted:

Most of the concept is constrained by the whole canon straight jacket. You can't have things like Ramsay getting served or Tyrion escaping his predicament.

I think Borderlands or Wolf Among Us ended up being more interesting since they didn't have canon straightjacket.

That's what i loved about walking dead season 1, it was same setting and rules but otherwise got to go wild, still surprised how they could gently caress up season 2 so bad, I'm pretty much done with telltale after thrones but I'm for sure done if season 3 of walking dead has Clem as the player character again, she was the worst

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

telltales game is pretty obvious since everybody replayed walking dead but it has never been as transparent as its been in this ep. every single big choice that didnt involve asher was contrived as gently caress

Even with Asher killing the slave master or not doesn't matter because Danerys was never going to give you the Second Sons, and the only thing you get for not killing him is gold for the pit fighters, which you don't even need or use, and you can still kill him and get the gold if you tattle on Beshka and say she was a slave, which still leads to not needing the gold

I think the worst part is this will probably get a second season or set up for one which means Survivor Asher/Rodrick is deader than dead for sure

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Hallowed posted:

Wait - it comes out tomorrow!?

Think so, get ready for a disappointing finale

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Wafflecopper posted:

I'm putting my money on disappointing, mostly because I'm expecting it to be a setup and cliffhanger for season 2 with little if any satisfying resolution.

Also because most of the episodes have been pretty bad.

don't forgot cheap deaths, since they'll need to cull the cast for season 2

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

You know what I don't want to even bother. Someone spoil all what happens please

I only skimmed a youtube video but In no particular order, Ironrath is lost, Beshka ends up riding away with Ryon, Asher/Roderick get badly stabbed, escape and sentinal and talia find him, Mira can get beheaded or marry that one merchant guy, Gared gets to the north grove, Cotter dies, and Gared gets a dragon glass knife or something and can get the tribe he met there to march to ironrath or nothing (I really skipped over this part because I couldn't care), Lady Forrestor and Lord Whitehill can die from drinking poison (not sure if its avoidable and only with Asher I think), think you can kill Gryff, who finally has an eyepatch if you beat him, Elaena is like kidnapped or killed if you are Roderick, if you're Asher then there'll be a plot about him marrying Gwyn as a peace offer, which will always go south and she can stab you, with Roderick I believe he goes into a Whitehill camp and can kill Ludd or go after Gryff

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
So next season will have Beshka and Ryon doing a The Hound and Arya thing I guess? can't wait for them to gently caress that up

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Next season will just be Gared and Beshka as playable characters, everyone else will cameo since too many variables

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Agreed, playing as Beshka would be pretty awesome, plus having little Ryon around to be a sounding board would make for a fun gender fliped Walking Dead style adventure where you play the hardscrabbled mercenary trying to keep the little kid safe in a dangerous world.

I imagine it'll just end up being Arya and the Hound Lite

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Spiky Ooze posted:

This. Telltale is still kinda struggling to do anything better than TWD1 did, but at least they haven't turned towards the generic "action hero always wins" fiction for 8-year-olds. Like you said practically every other videogame does that in spades. They've built their whole company on working on more niche content and it doesn't pander to all audience whims, that's for sure.

Tales from the borderlands is the closest thing to TWD1 quality, it helps that its lighthearted and that the playable characters aren't in an authority position like in Thrones, so when people boss them around and don't listen to you it doesn't feel forced

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

PirateBob posted:

Episode 1: Is there any way to have my Little Lord survive? :confused:

Also: "You and 15.9% took Erik's fingers." - What's wrong with most of you? Sending the thief to the wall is much harsher on him and his family, and not punishing thievery at all sets a dangerous precedent.

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

a cop posted:

Yeah they really hosed this up, imo. It was clear that you were supposed to feel bad for him but from practically our first interaction my whole opinion was "gently caress off, kid." which really took any weight from that "choice".

Did we ever find out who hired him to help us?

• Locked thread