Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I guess I wouldn't mind the whole episodic thing if there was content. I feel pretty ripped off having paid full price for my first Telltale game. Altogether I spent about 2 hours to finish the episode. There is no gameplay, and choices don't have consequences, which only leaves the story; however I can get just as much entertainment just by watching a youtube of the game.

And for a company that does nothing but make interactive movies, they really suck at animating; i felt like I was watching an art school project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

precision posted:

You feel ripped off over 5 dollars or are you saying you bought the season pass? I would never recommend peopl buy the season pass unless the whole season is available and opinions are in on it. Saving 5 bucks in case you like it vs. saving 25 bucks in case you don't.

Where was the 5$ version? I only saw the $30 version of the game. It doesn't say anything about a pass either. As far as I can tell it was $30 for just the first episode.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I bought it through steam, but I had never played through a telltale game before and I didn't see any individual episodes for sale.

So now that I've bought this gimp horse, how long is the usual wait between episodes?

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
You guys say, "but it would be difficult to have major branches in plot," and, "it's hard to have meaningful choices," as if it is impossible. Even the 2012 cyanide game of thrones game was able to do this, and that game had tons of (albeit unfun) gameplay to tack the story to.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

a cop posted:

I just wish they explained how all the guards made it in. It's kinda something that would at least cause a commotion outside if someone were to raise the gate or sneak an entire battalion in.

Yeah, that was bs. I wasn't about to let Ramsay Snow within 10ft of my character without armed guards ready to cut him down. Hell, I wanted the option to pre-emptively kill him or take him hostage if he pulled anything unreasonable.

• Locked thread