Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
I'm still wondering why I thought it was a good idea to pay money to see Sakuraba and Renzo grapple eachother in 2014

I make some pretty dumb decisions sometimes :|

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

was it hot and did you get horny? if so money well spent imo

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
hahaha, nope! Just really boring for 99% of it until Renzo went for that last-ditch armbar at the end

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

pogi

Speaking of sucky things keeping people from boxing, I wasn't able to go to boxing OR bjj yesterday due to being very sick :smith:

but I went back to grappling today and was told I'm very good for someone with only a month's experience :unsmith:

pogi

I will now resurrect this thread

So I got slammed around a bit and now I've got bruises on my face. What's the worst/most annoying injury y'all got from fighting? For me it was getting my nose broken. I had to wear a full face helmet thing for the longest time when sparring after that :v:

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

:O plz take care of yourself while fighting.

thankfully I have never gotten injured on my head from fighting, no trauma to the brain or anything yet. in fact, my worst injury is injuring my ankle from rolling it, really embarrassing. then it happened again a few days later while walking at a parking lot so I had to use crutches and couldn't run for several months

Matoi Ryuko

Louis posted:

I don't really like fighting.

It would be a nice thing to be able to do...just in case.

satsui no thankyou

DrSanchez posted:

I will now resurrect this thread

So I got slammed around a bit and now I've got bruises on my face. What's the worst/most annoying injury y'all got from fighting? For me it was getting my nose broken. I had to wear a full face helmet thing for the longest time when sparring after that :v:

broken nose, but it wasnt that bad

froward

by Azathoth
my biggest hold up on MMA is worrying about brain injuries: I can't smash my noodle, it's my best feature!

this girl I'm tryin' to date does brazilian jiu jitsu, which is cool in that there's no strikes to worry about (but it looks kinda silly, and I'm not sure how useful it is).

women who do combat are solid wife material and should be dated.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

pogi

You'll be fine! Just do it!

From a self-defense perspective, I would say that bjj is actually very useful. Most fights are going to end up on the ground, so having counters to that is a good thing.

I have been doing bjj for 3 Weeks tho so take anything I say with a grain of salt :P

pogi

lmao i got gut checked in front of the entire gym today, it was p funny

emmie

i'm gonna get some food then anyone down to play hmu on league (GG Leona is my summ name)

emmie

wrong thread

froward

by Azathoth
Be the greatest DILF you can be today, BYOB!

----------------

froward

by Azathoth
<sanchez> Drunkdriverdad would best me in a test of strength
<DrunkDriverDad> probably not
<DrunkDriverDad> my deadlift is good but thats it
<DrunkDriverDad> you'd out bench and out everything else me
<sanchez> One day though
<DrunkDriverDad> but it would be fun to feel on each other and engage our strong muscles together
<sanchez> Yes I agree
<sanchez> Maybe get drunk and naked in a bathtuv

----------------

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

dont irc shame

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
Toad style is immensely strong, and immune to nearly any weapon. When it's properly used, it is almost invincible.

pogi

froward posted:

<sanchez> Drunkdriverdad would best me in a test of strength
<DrunkDriverDad> probably not
<DrunkDriverDad> my deadlift is good but thats it
<DrunkDriverDad> you'd out bench and out everything else me
<sanchez> One day though
<DrunkDriverDad> but it would be fun to feel on each other and engage our strong muscles together
<sanchez> Yes I agree
<sanchez> Maybe get drunk and naked in a bathtuv

pogi

I got gut checked again today, twice. It hurts to laugh. It hurts so much to laugh.

froward

by Azathoth
Why do they keep hurting you and why is it Good?

Also, I used internet explorer 11 for the first time, the other day. It crashed as soon as I got four tabs open. I want to fight whoever's responsible for this travesty, do you have any tips for luring them out?

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

oh here's the thread! been looking for it for a while, now I've bookmarked it

pain is the greatest teacher, gj sanchez

pogi

Chill la Chill posted:

oh here's the thread! been looking for it for a while, now I've bookmarked it

pain is the greatest teacher, gj sanchez

I agree, pain is an excellent teacher

My right side ended up swelling up p good from the gut check. Now I know... I need stronger abs.

Yo, imma blob

have you any wool
id like to get back into kickboxing. i took it as a class in college for like 3 weeks because it was called Personal Self Defense or smth but it was really cardio kickboxing and i dropped it. mistake cuz after i did i realized it was fun, i was just pissed it wasn't actually self defense. anyway, i like consensual hitting & punching

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

good thing abwinter is here! time to toughen up, ready for absummer!

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

cardio kickboxing with a friend's $15 3-entry pass (came with gloves) was how I got into boxing myself. I still use the gloves from it for the heavy bag, cuz they're 14 ouncers

but yeah it really sucks that not only do they not teach you how to throw an accurate, correct punch but they also don't show you how to wrap correctly. It's the crossfit of the fighting world, but it is fun I suppose

pogi

Chill la Chill posted:

cardio kickboxing with a friend's $15 3-entry pass (came with gloves) was how I got into boxing myself. I still use the gloves from it for the heavy bag, cuz they're 14 ouncers

but yeah it really sucks that not only do they not teach you how to throw an accurate, correct punch but they also don't show you how to wrap correctly. It's the crossfit of the fighting world, but it is fun I suppose

Yeah, I've noticed this about the cardio kickboxing/cardio boxing (???) classes at my gym. I think it's partly a function of having one coach teaching a large group of people. Every time I've gone into the gym for boxing-boxing, I've had a coach watching over me on an individual level (also slapping me upside the head when I do something stupid, which is often). My old gym had like 8 coaches in a two hour period, and my new one has one coach with like a 5 hour period where it's open gym.

Still, as far as a means to getting fit, cardio boxing/kickboxing isn't a terrible choice. Training is tough.

Do you fight with an orthodox style, CLC?

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Where I did it was one of a chain of cardio kickboxing gyms that only did cardio kickboxing. They even had half-annual event days which is what reminded me of crossfit

I do orthodox. coach says I could do both hands but I need several in one before trying out southpaw. you? peek-a-boo or philly style? lol A friend tried teaching me philly style once and that poo poo is tough

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I envy the outboxers. My reach isn't that long. I'm sadly a slugger but train with the fast guys so I could be a better in-fighter

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

sanchez, do you also do a lot of hooking with your lead hand? I found that I almost never hook with my rear hand and it's always with my lead, even doing jab/hooks with it. 1-2-3, 1-3-1-2, etc.

pogi

Chill la Chill posted:

sanchez, do you also do a lot of hooking with your lead hand? I found that I almost never hook with my rear hand and it's always with my lead, even doing jab/hooks with it. 1-2-3, 1-3-1-2, etc.

My old coach told me to never, ever hook with my rear hand, so when I'm orthodox that's a habit that sticks with me :v:

I think his reasoning was that it takes longer to recover from/leaves you open. All coaches teach their own style though.

Peek-a-boo is hella weird though, and I haven't gotten that I into hooking with that style yet, or even gotten into the ring. I'm having to relearn jabs and crosses with it, lol.

pogi

Also lmao my phone glitched out and posted that last post in the "what does it feel like to take a thick dick in your butt" thread lmao

WindmillSlayer

teach me how to dance

WindmillSlayer

ways of dancing i know: having a gay dude tell me what to do over loud music

pogi

WindmillSlayer posted:

ways of dancing i know: having a gay dude tell me what to do over loud music

Same only a lesbian

What kind of dance are you interested in learning?

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I did competitive ballroom dancing once. it was with my (crazy) ex, but I want to try it again someday..

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

DrSanchez posted:

My old coach told me to never, ever hook with my rear hand, so when I'm orthodox that's a habit that sticks with me :v:

I think his reasoning was that it takes longer to recover from/leaves you open. All coaches teach their own style though.

Peek-a-boo is hella weird though, and I haven't gotten that I into hooking with that style yet, or even gotten into the ring. I'm having to relearn jabs and crosses with it, lol.

yeah, sounds fair. I get really unbalanced if I try to reach at all with it. it's p much just a side version of upper cutting right cuz by that point you're so close anyway

alnilam

I got punched in the chin once it's a funny story

pogi

alnilam posted:

I got punched in the chin once it's a funny story

Oh, do tell!

landy.
the last judo training for the year happened for me last week so I am not fighting for the next few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pogi

Bull Runner posted:

the last judo training for the year happened for me last week so I am not fighting for the next few weeks.

Excellent, at least you'll keep it going. You got your belt recently, right?

Also, I'm watching a documentary on Muhammad Ali right now. Good god that man was a monster :stare:

• Locked thread