Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
if someone could gif the choi knockout i'd be obliged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
somewhere, the sexual market dude is very, very pleased

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

muchas gracias senor

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

manyak posted:

womens MMA is so bad and also, good

yeah

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

me, as well

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

1st AD posted:

THIS IS A HIGH LEVEL WMMA FIGHT

*gassed women can't stop the high level wrestling technique known as running forward*

the first round was great but yeah this is getting gassy. to be expected for ufc debuts but doesn't excuse it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Please continue to poo poo on this fun fight you baby.

Edit: Look they're even footstomping, come on man.

dude it's been about 6 minutes of clinch work now, settle down

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i'm jacking my penis off to the thought of a sexy athletic woman beating me up without having to find her on craigslist and paying for apartment wrestling too

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

good finish

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Tezcatlipoca posted:

If you don't like clinchwork why the gently caress are you watching mma?

jesus christ dude you can appreciate the effort it requires without forcing yourself to enjoy the least interesting aspect of mma

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

since there's some downtime spend the thirty seconds to watch the timestamped doo ho choi videos on the last page. thank you.

I'ma call him syllables coz I'm racist

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

manyak posted:

they just charge at each other until the weaker one falls over from Something

thank you for succinctly articulating this

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i like that guy because he's nice and humble like a samurai

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Poor Edwards, was his chin always this bad or is he just a posterboy for jaw erosion?

i'm no doctor but 60+ pro fights probably does something to your chin

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

1st AD posted:

From what I gather from all this pro-Cub promo work, if Frankie wins he might not get that title shot?

conor mcgregor

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i remember vick on tuf and they said he was a golden gloves champ and put on the worst boxing display i'd ever seen. then he came into the ufc and looked competent.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

1st AD posted:

Does Golden Gloves actually mean anything? Every time I hear it I think "division III wrestler"

depends on the region, sometimes yes, mostly no

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

it usually means 'has heard of boxing' though, and vick just hadn't. it was weird.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

nice. eats that knee for breakfast and drops a motherfucker

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dangersim posted:

He's a German guy with the nickname war crime?

gently caress.

also this fight sucks. german guy needs to learn how to mix his judo in with his boxing because individually he's borderline incompetent.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

how you give vick the first is unknown but i don't give a single gently caress

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

heyyyy johny hendricks on my loving screen post bad judging COINCIDENCE?!?!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Count Roland posted:

30-27. I swear sometimes the judges are just texting during the fight or something.

don't joke about officials loving around on their phone in this post-monson jr. world

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i remember liking at least one barnatt fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

1st AD posted:

He really can't

i remember the first fight i saw him in he couldn't use his range at all, then the next fight he used his range effectively. now that he doesn't have the reach advantage, he's gone back to looking like poo poo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

silverback gassing. barnatt going to start getting up

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

what are they talking about i thought silverback won the first

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

the right decision or w/e

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dangersim posted:

that's a bad decision

huh? i'm pretty sure he outlanded barnatt in the first

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

hahahaha fight of the night

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dangersim posted:

I thought Barnett blocked most of it an landed more, but I could be wrong

yeah i'm not 100% on it

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

was it barboza that was giving shout outs to 'frankie eddie' in brazil when frankie was about to fight aldo?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

specifically, cuddly bear

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

fatherdog posted:

lmao that smile

i call it, the surprise party thrown in your honor whilst you're making GBS threads smile

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

hey, shithead who fought barnatt, these heavyweights are putting on a better fight than you

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

DoombatINC posted:

Copeland returned to his corner, took a handful of Cheerios from his Dora the Explorer backpack and washed it down with a gulp of apple juice.

"That man took your teddy bear," his coach muttered in his ear, "he doesn't want you to snuggle with Jumbo"

Copeland's eyes narrowed.

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

copeland tough as gently caress

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Belle Isle Tech posted:

Josh Copeland: Better cardio than Overeem

this should be noted. this is a heavyweight fight that has gone for 2 rounds and i'm still intrigued and only smirking instead of laughing.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

copeland / overeem please

Lloyd Boner posted:

We're watching the next generation of heavyweights right here

i'm ok with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

copeland has cardio, is tough, and is defensively sound. he just needs to learn how to strike and he'll be golden.

• Locked thread