Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Officers level up with you (although you only get one), and then gain skills that affect different things. Stuff like improved gunnery or sailing, obviously, but also cheaper crew or repairs or more money when selling ships.

The core combat stuff, sailing, gunnery, &c., is amazing. The rest of it, ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
If any of you never got to check out Blackwake, they reopened backing to get more testers.

Best way I can describe it is Age of Sail Guns of Icarus and it's incredibly fun for what they have so far.

As always, review videos, etc whatnot before making a purchasing decision but I actually have a lot of fun with it on alpha weekends.

http://www.blackwake.com/support.html

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

There is actually some interesting stuff in there, but ultimately doesn't prevent the overwhelming feeling of "Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" regarding the game.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Generation Internet posted:

I've been on the record for like three years that this game was at it's best in the early battle-only phase where anyone could get a fight without having to deal with the open world.

Has anything super substantial happened in the last year other than most of the player-base dying off?

Yeah, the battles were more interesting in the sea trials whereas here it's basically uh, here's a pair of enemy corvettes that are AI or a player who either completely owns you or someone just trying to run away anyway.

Open world MMO stuff sucks. IT just gets in the way of core gameplay or tries to make up for god-awful core gameplay.

• Locked thread