Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN2D9yct2tY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

And it's spin-off:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dXOrRuKttc

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

IM_DA_DECIDER posted:

I figured this would be the place to ask: Was Friends ever any good?

There's usually at least one funny line per episode.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

The theme to that and Goof Troop have been taking up very valuable, very limited space in my brain since at least 1996.

Let's-get-dangerous.

Yesterday I saw two 30 y.o. men recite the lyrics to Stand Out verbatim after seeing the cover to A Very Goofy Movie on Vudu.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Joe Friday posted:

I loved (and still love) Unsolved Mysteries. They scared me to death growing up. I recently re-watched some and find the aliens/D&D/ghosts very 90's. There was one murder that the show attributed to the "occult" that was related to Magic the Gathering.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5h2x3G40to

That intro got a licensed video game in 1993:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7VjoW0wANQ&t=40m36s

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
https://youtu.be/hkLNW38OVNo

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Here's so far the best punchline in new MST3K:

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Iron Crowned posted:

Huh, Pepsi Fire had existed before. I had a bottle of it at some point this year but apparently it was a limited time only. I liked it because I like cinnamon.

I like it on paper, but to me it just tasted like someone dumped a spoonful of cinnamon in a bottle of pepsi. It seemed like it killed the carbonation to.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Caught a glimpse of an old music video with a guy with this style of haircut. Every other boy in middle school had this haircut.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Grassy Knowles posted:

Napoleon Dynamite is the only one I don't like, and I was a good deal past 12 at that point. I'm so glad that quoting that one died off harder than quoting Borat.

Napoleon Dynamite is in the same catagory with Freddy Got Fingered as a movie I find hilarious but I understand and am cool with everyone else hating. It flips specific really stupid switches in my brain.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Randaconda posted:

I love all three of those movies. Maybe my sense of humor is broken :ohdearsass:

You are in fact loving dumb for liking at least Freddy Got Fingered and Kung Pow, but, like, gently caress it.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Millions of Crows posted:

In time, all will know this.

People will hate themselves for finally recognizing the truth, but it's a reality that they have no choice but to accept.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Wheat Loaf posted:

Was 101 Dalmatians the first time Disney did a live-action remake of one of its old animated movies? They've done a lot of those lately but I have pretty distinct memories of going to see that 101 Dalmatians movie in the cinema.

I don't know if Hook prompted that trend, because while that obviously wasn't a Disney movie, I remember thinking it assumed familiarity with the Disney movie more than the book.

The Jungle Book beat it by 2 years, but it's more of a mix of the cartoon and the book.

Pneub has a new favorite as of 14:14 on Dec 19, 2017

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

fappenmeister posted:

I was cleaning up this morning and found these stashed away. I had more at my parent's house, but I think they're ancient history now. It was a whole bunch of X-Men from the Age of Apocalypse and Onslaught eras.

That Transformers in the back row might be worth a few bucks.

I remember back in the late 90s the biggest Transformers site on the web was transfan.net. I havent checked if that url still goes to a transformers site.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
You don't even got the fuckin balls to slap this bad boy on your pussy little Prius:

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
My old bones can't handle someone having to explian who Joey Buttafucko is. I blame David Letterman.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

InediblePenguin posted:

one 90s thing that I can't find on the internet so far is a song they used to play on the morning zoo radio show which was a parody of Snow's "Informer" to which the chorus was "I'm a farmer, get up at five in the morning and use my hands to milk the moo-moo cows"

I loved how they would turn up the hosts' laughter twice as loud as the song they were playing.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

JediTalentAgent posted:

Logan, have you been using your claws to handle all the meat? Don't care, dude! Healing factor or not, you don't wash those things after they pop out or you kill someone!

As soon as he pulls his claws back in, his super-immune system kills the layer of AIDS on them.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
I've never seen a pizza hut that didn't have stuffed crust since they started selling it.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Lotron posted:

remember when hotlinking was still a word

Remember when Discovery was called The Discovery Channel and wasn't the trashiest channel on tv?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Is My 600lb Life on Discovery or The Learning Channel, I can't keep up anymore.

Pneub has a new favorite as of 06:58 on May 5, 2018

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

My dad wouldn't let me watch horror movies with boobs in them. I'm assuming that's what 80% of these movies were.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

In case anyone here hasn't had the intro to Sewer Shark burned into their memory for the last 26 years, that poo poo is dead-on:

https://youtu.be/aIb3armCCXA

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Leavemywife posted:

This is from the last page, but that's why it's insanely impressive Resident Evil 2 got a 64 release. If I remember right, they fit all of RE2, voiced dialog, FMVs, and everything else, on a single 64 cartridge.

The voices sounded about as garbled as the voices in Half-Life, but they were all there. Unfortunately, they didn't make the door transitions skippable, so the zero loading time didin't really make a differance.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
You could see stuff like Robocop and Hellraiser with the boobs and the words poo poo and gently caress blanked out, but with all of the gore intact. It was good enough to feel like you were getting away with something.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Is saying Nirvana's Man Who Sold the World is better than Bowie's still usually treated like a hate crime, now that he's been dead a couple years?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
The only pre-dvd game boxes I didn't end up destroying in a week were the sega genesis cases (jewel cases usually lasted longer only because I didn't really have a choice).

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Oh yeah, 80s and 90s pizza hut was mad good. It just started going up in price and down in quality after the millenium turned. Its complete trash now.

Yeah I think they skimp on the cheese nowadays. You can still usually find a deal for a $10 large if you order on the website though.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Goddamn, I've forgotten that movie existed :munch:. I kinda miss the days of goofy made-for-TV movies that are clearly not a series pilot please greenlight us :ohdear:.

Those are the best MST3K episodes too (they're mostly from 70s' but still).

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Does anyone just sell big poster-sized game maps with notes to the side? The ones that came in magazines back in the day were just as useful as a 200-page guide book 90% of the time, as long as it wasn't a 50 hour rpg or something.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Ambitious Spider posted:

She also did Doug and David the Gnome. I loved TNG as a kid, but found DS9 too boring. I should probably put it on the exponentially growing list of things I need to get around to watching

Bad tng episodes were at least dumb loving nonsense some of the time. Bad ds9 was just boring.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

fappenmeister posted:

I've been nostalgic for the 90s over this holiday break. Are there any decent documentaries on Youtube that distills this thread into a single video?

https://youtu.be/xW3IsjEA6Bg

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

burial posted:

I actually have one these, minus the back to the battery part. Also one of the buttons is broken. I’m not sure why I haven’t thrown it out.

You can probably still get $40-$50 on ebay.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

burial posted:

That’s insane. That seems insane. That said, the cursory search I did seems to indicate working ones really are pricey. Thanks for the heads up.

The button's probably a pretty easy fix with a little bit of know-how and the basic tools. It might end up being a bit of a money sink if you don't have those though (and don't plan on ever soldering anything again).

Pneub has a new favorite as of 14:25 on Jan 9, 2019

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

twistedmentat posted:

Though Petunia is not the name for a sexy lady tattoo, that is the name of your advice giving great aunt. Seeing Toby Huss in the real world is weird as well because I mostly think of him as Cotton Hill and Khan, and not a real person.

I didn't recognize him on Seinfeld until he unleashed the beast:

https://youtu.be/pRf_A07Elyw

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

uli2000 posted:

I know Jobs was revered by some as a savior and evangelist (of Apple) but did they photoshop a priest collar on him?

His loving "Oooooh look what I'M doing!" expression makes me think it might've been his idea.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

ishikabibble posted:

Weren't basically all of Jobs' contributions to Atari Wozniak's work actually?

Jobs had Wozniak come in after hours to finish enginering Breakout in exchange for letting him play the arcade games they had there for free. After Jobs got paid for his work, he gave Woz his "half" of the check ($350), and Jobs took his "half" (the rest of the $5000) and went on vacation to India.

Pneub has a new favorite as of 18:51 on May 6, 2019

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Hampsterdance turned into proto-ytmnd. I knew a website with like a hundred diffrent "dance" pages back around probably 97.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
I missed Mr. T Ate My Balls at the time somehow, but the Mr. T comics were the funniest thing on the web.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
I miss The Web. It was just a place to find cheat codes and auction deals, it wasn't a big deal.