Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
I think this would be the Canadian equivalent of the Sears commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzPyu2XbV4U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

He got The Birthday Boys on TV, and that's one of the funniest sketch comedy shows I've ever seen. Two short, perfect seasons.

Glen's go all the way.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

From what I remember, the problem with the Star Wars CCG was that it was too god-damned inaccessible if you had any less than the entire set.

Need to move characters from place to place? You need a vehicle card.

Need to move from Tattooine to Yavin 4? You need the Tattooine card, Yavin 4 card, and the card for a spaceship that can move between planets.

Want to have a space battle? Someone needs a planet card, and you and your opponent both need a spaceship card, with a pilot card equipped (and good luck getting anyone that wasn't Bo Shek if you were a broke teen)

It was expensive to put together a cohesive deck in the beginning since everyone just played Mains & Toys.

Characters can move to adjacent sites and docking bay sites allowed for travel from one planet to another. The key was avoiding deploying all your characters to one location. As for space battles, plenty of ships had "permanent pilots" built-in.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Mr. Fix It posted:

huh, just realized that american gladiators was a key part of my sexual awakening

Yup, it was Ice and Zap for me.