Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1gyLDt_vXI

Pick has a new favorite as of 00:53 on Nov 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcpElp49nRE

The Masked Magician

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

twistedmentat posted:

Every hack had a "Bob Dole likes Bob Bole Bob Dole" joke, and I seriously still see Lewinsky jokes out there.

Bob Dole doesn't like this!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

President Ark posted:

re: commercialchat

The one I always remember is the loving zoobooks commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8EvnM2XUTI

:stare: AND THE TIGER POSTER! :stare:

Not only are Zoobooks still around, they keep them updated and they are incredibly informative. I sincerely recommend them to anyone with children.

e: Or if you don't know much about animals, buy it for yourself. If you don't know the number of species of porpoises in the world, you can learn.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
There was an HD remake?! That was like my favorite game ever!! (Except Dragon Age 2)

Did they ever answer why angels have wings coming out of their buttcheeks?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pope Guilty posted:

Why, where do yours come out?

On the angels it was pretty normal, but you'd upgrade 'em and bam, sphincter wings

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

om nom nom posted:

Interesting article. I remember loving Zillions when I was younger, what an important magazine to have available for the 8-14 demographic. Consumer reports and education on what ads really are, directed at an age group who is probably the most susceptible to believing the absurd ads directed at them.

They don't teach that poo poo in school and I'm sure it's generally easy to make kids part with what little money they have (or of course their parent's money). Looking at it 15-20 years later I think that is incredibly cool that someone had that idea, and not only had a staff of pros to write articles, but had kids contributing with their opinions about which toys they felt were a ripoff, and which toys they thought were worth the money, and why.

My brother was one of the kids who reviewed for Zillions and by god he took it seriously.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

om nom nom posted:

Yea that's badass, I'd love to hear more as well. Did you (he) get all sorts of free toys? Or did they make him pay for them so he would actually feel the sting if he got burned?

I was quite young (my brother is older) so I do not remember everything, but he would get the toys for free. There were forms for testing the items, at least one of which seemed to apply to all toys equally (is it fun/is it a good value/etc), and another which would be to some degree specific to that toy ("Does it really shoot 30 feet like it says?"). There'd always be room for a comment or a final statement about the product. He also got to keep the toys when he was done. Sometimes they made him watch advertisements, also, and give his impressions. I'll see if he remembers more details.

I have no idea how they found him, but he was the right kid for it because both my brother and I were voracious readers and cut our teeth on our parents' one regular subscription, Consumer Reports. I think Zillions was from Consumer Reports so the application might have been in there.

I think my parents' one complaint about Zillions is it was "too fun and colorful" but they let us have it as well as regular Consumer Reports. Thanks mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Wheat Loaf posted:

The Eco-Villains were never really given much motivation so they always seemed like they wanted to pollute for the sake of pollution. I guess a couple of them were motivated by money (either Hoggish Greedly or Verminous Skum or both) but I'm pretty sure the Planeteers managed to persuade whichever one it was to change sides by convincing them that there was money to be made in recycling and alternative energies.

This seemed stupidly over-simplistic when I was a teenager, and unfortunately more and more realistic the longer I worked in the discipline as an adult.