Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I've fallen, and I CANT GET UP!!!

Canadian goons would probably remember this one too:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Otana posted:

Corey Feldman's dad was my Uber driver a couple weeks ago. I told him I loved The Goonies, he said, "you know, that's what everyone says!"

His dad's pretty awesome, really soft spoken and just a nice guy to chat to. Lives a few blocks from me too!

The excitement never stops in good ol' LA.

I seem to remember Corey Feldman on Howard Stern years ago, and his dad called in. Didn't his dad pretty much spend all of the kid's money?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Doesn't that poo poo still exist?

Yup, there is one at a restaurant/giftshop along a rural highway a couple hours away from me.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Speaking of JVC Kaboom box, I've got one of these, still going strong and I've had it since 96 or 97

Panasonic RX DT690

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Bobby Digital posted:

Sup stereo buddy. Mine is still in my bedroom at my parents’ house.

:hfive:

Hell yeah!! I still use mine every day, for the alarm. I love the fact that I can set it up (I don't do this, but could) to crank up in the morning, playing Slayer or Pantera at full volume every day if I wanted to.

I know where there is another one still going strong, its slightly different than mine, but then the one I pictured isn't exactly the same either. They must have had a few minor changes throughout the run....

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Bobby Digital posted:

Sup stereo buddy. Mine is still in my bedroom at my parents’ house.

I got to googling that radio again because boredom. I found this thread and a link to a service manual.
Holy gently caress, these things can self diagnose? Thats fuckin sweet!!

http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=63755

The link to the manual is on the last page.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

10 cent chicken wings.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Its probably been mentioned, but the attitude era in WWF (Its still the loving WWF goddammit!!) wrestling, and the Monday night wars between WWF and WCW.

Even though WCW had the great 80's WWF stars, that I grew up watching, I still liked WWF better.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, and this summer being the worst since I think 1992, is probably due to that. Movies as a whole have been paint by numbers since the Marvel CU, I suspect that one of the hidden factors in the alchemy has been the switch to digital.

I remember in the 90's you'd get all kinds of trickles of information about the production of movies for over a year before release creating all kinds of hype. Then, you'd start getting the trailers, some as early as January for the summer releases. By the time it opened, you had to catch it in theaters, because otherwise you'd have to wait at least 9 months to rent it at Blockbuster.

All that time everything was done in analog and required a lot of time, and time costs money. Now that most movies are done entirely in digital, sent to theaters in digital, and pushed out to home release in digital, you can accomplish all that in under a year's time. Going to the movies has become more of an on a whim type thing for me, because if I miss one I wanted to see in June, I can get the Blu-Ray by September.

Don't forget that when movies were still o tape, or film or whatever, all the nerds that would line up a week before the opening date, because after the first showing, subsequent ones didn't have the same picture quality.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Its probably been mentioned about 125145 times, but for the last 4 years or so of the 90s the Fears about the y2k "bug" was pretty 90s poo poo.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

People putting dual windshield wipers on their cars.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Pneub posted:

You don't even got the fuckin balls to slap this bad boy on your pussy little Prius:

How about a "No Fear" sticker on a dodge omni?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

lemon-lyme disease posted:

I think probably a lot of people didn’t like Sublime. There are at least four of us.

Make that five goons.

Also, add me to th list of people who don't like Bloodhound gang either.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I don't like their poo poo because it seems to be the kind of music thats popular with fratted out dude bros.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Perhaps, but its the way I am.

"Weaksauce", also 90's as gently caress.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Speaking of 1990s things that have to do with dicks......

Anyone remember a John Wayne Bobbit themed parody of the song 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover, entitled 50 Ways To Cleave Your Wiener?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Pneub posted:

Remember when Discovery was called The Discovery Channel and wasn't the trashiest channel on tv?

Yeah, and A&E was good too.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

RE: Financial chat.
I still pay for a lot of stuff by card, never the less I take a few hundred cash out of every pay cheque. Its WAY too easy to spend yourself broke if you are constantly using plastic to pay for everything. Been there done that. Luckily I don't get charged like 57.00$ everytime I overdraw my account, which still happens occasionally (getting better). But yeah, if you're taking out cash all the time from the bank, you're more cognizant of your balance, like: "Oh poo poo, its Tuesday, I don't get paid till Friday, and I've only got 50 bucks left in the bank, better call the guys/girls/people and tell them I can't come out for beers tonight, cause I don't want to overdraw my account and pay that 3562462 dollar service charge". If everything you buy is with acard, you don't necessarily get to see your bank balance.

Also, having cash is a good way to save cash.
I saved up :canada: quarters, 1 and 2$ coins, along with 5s 10s a few 20s and even the occasional 50 dollar bills. The 50s were for inspiration. In 10 months I had saved up over 500 bucks. In fairness, I had to dip in to it a few times, but only for absolute necessities. If I needed it because say, my fridge broke and I had to get it fixed, or a new one, then yeah, I would have used that toward fixing/replacing the poo poo, but I didn't. Instead, I used it to celebrate paying off my credit card, by buying a bunch of gun poo poo, not on my credit card.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Yeah, for some reason, oral sex really came in to fashion in the 90s.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

twistedmentat posted:

A remember a common complaint among horror fans about Blair Witch Project was there were no tits.

I knew a few people who were disappointed that the chick in that movie didn't get boned by the two dudes when they were lost. :suicide:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Starring Sir Stewart Wallace as himself, Nathan Wind as Cochese, Vic Colfari as Bobby "The Rookie", Alasondro Allegre' as The "Chief" and Fred Kelly as "Bunny".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Milli Vanilli jokes are pretty 90s as gently caress.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Randaconda posted:

I feel like there's a lot of batshine insane public access stuff that's lost forever.

I actually met this guy, he took a poo poo at my parent's place.

Also, Nicest fuckin guy ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pohWUcHi-Vg

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

This poo poo is pretty 90s as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYsMjEeEg4g

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

chitoryu12 posted:

The singer said that he actually put in a bunch of name dropping at the end as a test to see if the media would talk about the political aspects of the song or just focus on the celebrity call-outs. He even apologized to Beck.

Yeah, apparently Marilyn Manson wasn't pissed about the part where they said "we'll kick you asses", but he was pissed that they put his name in there next to Courtney Love.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

On the further 90s music topic, my senior class accidentally voted Good Riddance as the official class song because it was submitted for voting as The Time of Your Life and everyone thought it was the Dirty Dancing song.

Apparently a lot of people don't know that its pretty much a big "gently caress you" song. It supposedly gets a lot of play at graduation dances and poo poo.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Not defending the dude cause I don't know what his actually story is, but totally ^^^^^^^

Kids do lots of stupid poo poo that they wish they could forget, and "phases" that last for like a year or whatever, that aren't necessarily poo poo they're proud of later on. Chalk it up to kids are idiots.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Iron Crowned posted:

You want the early 90's? This was the CD you needed:

Hell yeah, I got that album still!!

Also, takes place in the 70's but quintessential 90's movie: Dazed and Confused.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, this one comes up in my drunken Friday night 90's jam playlist frequently for some reason.

Well, its a pretty decent song. I listen to that poo poo every now and then too. On purpose.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

1990s Canadians probably remember Electric Circus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Circus

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Cynical collectible cash grab bullshit is so 90s. Comics, beanie babies, cards...My goodness was there so much of it. While failing to ignore that the old collectibles are valuable because they weren't even all that common when they were made. Honus Wagner cards are valuable because like 200 were made, ever, like a century ago. A few dozen have survived. It happened because he didn't like the idea of kids buying tobacco to get the card. It took many decades for them to get valuable. Action comics 1 is valuable for similar reasons. Not a ton were printed because comics were new and nobody had any idea they'd be this big. A few dozen have survived. They're 80 years old so it isn't likely you'll retire on something printed in the millions but drat did that not stop the 90s from producing nonstop fad collectibles.

Are you telling me all my figurines from the franklin mint are worthless?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Did anyone post Barcode Battlers?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barcode_Battler

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Iron Crowned posted:

. The episode was Late Shift Closing Time, and they would pause it every time they did something bad (and fast forwarded through the video). Really the only thing I remember was when they threw food at the ceiling fan my dad paused it and said, "and now they just lost their JOBS!"

Was that the one where they also threw a bunch of worms in to the deep fryer?

Also, if I recall correctly, one of the last lines: "Hey butthead, I know where theres a dead Raccoon".

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Iron Crowned posted:

Buttwhisker.

We totally need a beavis and butthead smiley thing.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I'm trying to remember what the hell it was.
In the early 90s, or it might have been the late 80s, there were always commercials on tv (in Canada, maybe elsewhere too) for some poo poo that you could send away for in Pueblo Colorado.
They always had creative commercials.
One of the commercials showed some dude dressed like a druid or some poo poo, putting something in a mail box and the voice over said "During the dark ages, the address for Pueblo Colorado was almost lost".

I tried googling but nothing came up.

Anyone remember that poo poo?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

rockinricky posted:

Publications from the US Government. One of the main distribution centers, if not the main one, was in Pueblo.

I live here and definitely remember those ads.

Yup, thats the poo poo. The zip code jogged the gently caress out of my memory.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

The_Franz posted:

honky-slayer 5000

As a white guy who uses the term honky in a regular basis, loving LOL.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

They're actually quite popular and capable as offroad vehicles.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Beastie posted:

My first car was a Samurai with 30 inch mud tires that my friend affectionately called "Tin Can Destroyer."

That car loving owned for throwing three people into, getting high, and cruising around town with the top off.

Just don't take a corner too fast.

I guess they were a bit different than the sidekick, but I know people who refer to the side kicks as "side flips".

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

"For dummies" books were pretty 90s as gently caress as I recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

uli2000 posted:

As payback, we'd watch The Three Stooges when it came on early in the morning on TBS as she considered the Stooges the lowest rung of human existence.

I'm not sure I like your grandmother...