Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

I seen a speed run of it and it looked assy. No thanks.

Wtf..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm just not that into uhhh whatever kind of platformer DK is... soz.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wormskull posted:

I'm just not that into uhhh whatever kind of platformer DK is... soz.
its called a 'good' platformer. i understand that might be hard to understand since there hasn't been one made in like 50 years

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Endorph posted:

its called a 'good' platformer. i understand that might be hard to understand since there hasn't been one made in like 50 years

new super mario bros u was a launch title

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Endorph posted:

raymand legends

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'there hasn't been a good piece of chocolate made in 50 years'
'oh yeah motherfucker????? *shits in hand and grins smugly whilst holding it aloft*'

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

DK just seems all slow and uhhh not my thing to me. Sorry.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

um, how about you 1v1 me and ill show you where DK keeps his big ape dick

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
was gonna drop my nintendo network identification itt but now I don't think I will

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is the online multiplayer of Smash Brothers any good.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Wormskull posted:

it's the least frustrating online implementation Nintendo has ever done

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I want to relive the days of my friend bringing his gamecube to my house to play Melee and Double Dash, but he lives in Vermont and I live in Florida now, so...

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

Hes really fast if you roll jump

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Uh even if you have no friends Wii U currently has the best games

I just got one the other day with Mario 3D world and I just downloaded Bayo 2. Mario world is really good singleplayer but it's nice to have the option to play with others. It sort of turns into a party game with multiple people, I played 4 player the other day and it was hard to actually get the optional stars and stuff and time kept running low because we're all wandering around. It's a really good mario game~

Bayo 2 has no local multiplayer so that's a game you're playing entirely alone ( ;) ;) ;) )

Smash Bros and Mario Kart have online so you can play with others even if you have no friends although Smash is really made for playing locally. Wind Waker is single player and the next zelda will probably be single player.

I seriously bought this thing for Bayo 2, Mario and Smash bros. Just like the only Wii games I still have are Galaxy 1+2 and Smash bros~

I have a whole lot on my wish list for it already, not that I'm gonna buy all of these but I'm looking at:

Smash Bros
Mario Kart 8
DK Tropical Freeze
Pikmin 3
WOnderful 101
Hyrule Warriors
Windwaker HD

Which is way more than I can say for either one of the other consoles, where there is like, 1 game I wanna play on them that isn't coming to PC

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wormskull posted:

We all like to Game differently.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Make your Thanksgiving a Nintendo Thanksgiving OP

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull posted:

its fine if everyone involved has good internet, and not fine if that isnt the case

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bump... Getting pretty excited about the arrival about Wii U and Mario Smash Bros.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
if you got a deluxe one I think you still get a bunch of free eshop cred at this site: https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/

edit: buying smash bros this week got me another $10 in credit wooooo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MVUKM0A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Does this count as a deluxe one.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Nintendo Wii U Deluxe Set: Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land Bundle - Black

ummmmm yeah i think it does. are you illiterate??

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well it could just be saying that so I wanted to be sure.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Well it could just be saying that so I wanted to be sure.

read the sticker on the top left corner of the box there, the money back is the digital deluxe promotion

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
I don't have a Wii U yet but I'll probably get one soon.

How is New Super Mario Bros U? I really liked NSMB Wii's coop, so more of the same is fine by me.

oknope posted:

raymand legends

Dustforce and Super Meat Boy too.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Falsum posted:

How is New Super Mario Bros U? I really liked NSMB Wii's coop, so more of the same is fine by me.

i really like it but i think most people are lukewarm on the New series in general

its the best New game at least

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
new super mario bros u is easily the best NSMB yet.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Falsum posted:

Dustforce and Super Meat Boy too.
Those are both on PC.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

i really like it but i think most people are lukewarm on the New series in general

its the best New game at least

Well it's gotta be better than the Wii one which I guess ain't that bad but it's like, the levels seem like they were designed by people with attention disorders.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I guess mario levels are a little eccentric in general but there's a more cohesive feeling on pre-New ones.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Falsum posted:

I found it to be really boring, especially after 1, 2, and wii. Too similar.

3D world is much better and has 4 player coop

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i dunno why but New U really clicked with me, i did everything in it

the first world or two is kinda slow tho, it picks up

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
IMO coop is where the New SMB games shine.

Wormskull posted:

Those are both on PC.

Yeah but Endorph was saying there hasn't been a good platformer in a while, not specifically on Nintendo consoles.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh I don't read that clown's posts. My bad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Oh I don't read that clown's posts. My bad.
what the gently caress

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

New U kind of aesthetically lacks an identity and the first world gives a bad impression but once it gets going it's got some fun and well-designed challenges, especially if you're going for the the star coins.

Also the new DKC games are actually pretty different from the original series, they're fast-paced very difficult platformers now with cool set pieces.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

hold up zoq, he's an eagles fan, poor guy doesn't know how to respond to greatness.

Please don't compare freaks like him to true fans.

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I got a Wii U bundled with Mario World, a Super Smash Bros, a japanese Wii U Pro Controller for 430 dollars, it will be here on monday.

:worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

You're in for a great gaming experience, OP! Enjoy!

• Locked thread