Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
The #1 reason I want the adapter is because I already have some gamecube controllers and this will let me use them with both my Wii U and my PC when the inevitable unofficial drivers release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

can't remember the last time hardware other than launch consoles was in this short supply

my brother bought the last one at a local store near his place as a favor for a friend, and immediately started kicking himself when he realized what they were going for on ebay

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

These are up to 189.99 on amazon and people are still buying them. Wtf.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

These are up to 189.99 on amazon and people are still buying them. Wtf.

of all the things I thought would be the "hot ticket item" for christmas this year, i'm really surprised it ended up being this. it could have been the Wii U, or the actual game, or the controllers themselves, but nope.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

drat, pretty grateful that my friend decided not to gouge me/hock it when he picked me up one. Totally wouldn't have blamed him.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

walked into a gamestop this morning and asked the clerk to sell me the one being held for someone already

and he did because he was sick of everyone on earth calling him asking for it

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Looper posted:

so does this thing work on anything other than smash or...
If you mod the virtual Wii inside the Wii U you can play GameCube ISOs with it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Heran Bago posted:

If you mod the virtual Wii inside the Wii U you can play GameCube ISOs with it.

and if you mod the gamecube it can run ports of n64 games, which you can run an emulator on to play nes games :pcgaming:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

univbee posted:

and if you mod the gamecube it can run ports of n64 games, which you can run an emulator on to play nes games :pcgaming:

Does the NES emulator for N64 work on Gamecube? What about the N64 MP3 player?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I hope Nintendo forces the zombified corpse of a pro scene that will stay around this game past summer 2015 to keep playing to justify this peripheral targeted at try hards who think both players having the same controller lag is unfair.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SeXReX posted:

I hope Nintendo forces the zombified corpse of a pro scene that will stay around this game past summer 2015 to keep playing to justify this peripheral targeted at try hards who think both players having the same controller lag is unfair.
it's not that both players having controller lag is unfair it's that controller lag sucks

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Update: Nobody knows when more of this freakin things are being made, and I've gotta say, I'm getting really hot under the collar over this.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I pre ordered the bundle

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Some nerd spent his time making a Windows driver for the thing instead of playing smash with it.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

SeXReX posted:

Some nerd spent his time making a Windows driver for the thing instead of playing smash with it.

gently caress off

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dont understand the obsession with playing this with GC controllers. the gamepad and pro controller work just fine. poo poo i could even play smash with a wiimote+nunchuck, can't do ~sick c-stick tricks~ but i dont know anyone who can that isn't also playing at tournaments on a regular basis

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
this is gonna sound blasphemous but while i was okay with old school controllers when i was a kid, i grew up to have huge mitts so now i'm like "yeah gimme a giant n64 controller"

the gcn controller is a comfortable fit, but my hands are too big to use the wii classic pad comfortably :smith:

Dec 26, 2012

SeXReX posted:

thats really cool of him actually

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Bobnumerotres posted:

dont understand the obsession with playing this with GC controllers. the gamepad and pro controller work just fine. poo poo i could even play smash with a wiimote+nunchuck, can't do ~sick c-stick tricks~ but i dont know anyone who can that isn't also playing at tournaments on a regular basis

gently caress off

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bonzibuddy64 posted:

gently caress off

http://youtu.be/HQh6Y-UJSBo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Leadthumb posted:

walked into a gamestop this morning and asked the clerk to sell me the one being held for someone already

and he did because he was sick of everyone on earth calling him asking for it

you should have asked him about Battletoads.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

I wasn't interested at all until Sakurai was like yo 8 player smash and I wanna do that without spending like three hundred bucks on pro controllers

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

To American planning on importing it: you can't find them in Europe either. They were delayed in major retailers and on Amazon, and places that had them sold out almost instantly.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

I like the button layout.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

SeXReX posted:

loving hell yes, this is 80% of the reason I want one.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
a buddy got his smash game + adapter delayed from today to halfway through December and were pretty sure its because ninty hosed up and didn't make enough of the things,

hosed up if true imo

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Tiger Millionaire posted:

a buddy got his smash game + adapter delayed from today to halfway through December and were pretty sure its because ninty hosed up and didn't make enough of the things,

hosed up if true imo

This happened to me. So instead so I got one of these things.

It works well but every single time I start a new round I have to change my controls or shield and grab are reversed.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

when brawl came out it was cool that you could play with gamecube controllers but it sucked to have to start the game by pointing the wii remote at the icon and clicking it and then start, and then having to switch to my gamecube controller so i just said gently caress it and started playing with the classic controller

and here we are 6 years later, i got better with the classic controller than gamecube and i'm just happy as a clam. the classic controller pro was the best controller ever made, i still don't have a reason to buy a pro controller as long as my CC Pros work

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

zen death robot posted:

Clams feel no emotions, they're just a blob of muscle in a shell

ignorance is bliss.

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

its a real good controller and i like the octagonal gates

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I want one because the gamepad/pro controller is totally fine but I've been playing smash for a decade with a gamecube controller and anything else just feels WEIRD to me like I play online and I'm doing completely alright but all it takes is for me to go "wait which button does what again" and I immediately start losing over and over and over

these loving adapters are sold out everywhere. walmart had some listed online as in stock yesterday so I ordered one but I guess a million other people did as well because they emailed me back this morning saying they couldn't fulfill my order but they'll keep my order on file for the next 28 days and fulfill it when they can and if I want to cancel I need to call them

why can't I just cancel it online this is stupid

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

SeXReX posted:

The adapter is half the price of a single Pro controller. I have four GameCube controllers. Why would I spend over 200 dollars for something that I will only use for one game when there is a 20 dollar alternative that is in many ways better?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i want one because i've got three gamecube controllers already and if i could get one for twenty bucks that's three pro controllers i don't have to buy

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

zen death robot posted:

Clams feel no emotions, they're just a blob of muscle in a shell

well yeah i cant experience euphoria or romance through my choice of controllers

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Unless they're conspiring with eBay resellers or otherwise want the shortage, whoever handled producing these things seriously hosed up by not telling Foxconn or whoever "keep making these as fast as you can until i tell you to stop."

Also kind of surprised Nintendo didn't make a Wavebird 2.0 instead (Gamecube-style Wii U Pro controller).

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

univbee posted:

Also kind of surprised Nintendo didn't make a Wavebird 2.0 instead (Gamecube-style Wii U Pro controller).

they were trying to appeal to competitive players who much prefer wired controllers

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kaubocks posted:

they were trying to appeal to competitive players who much prefer wired controllers

True, I guess "along with" would have been more accurate. Or even reissuing the original Wavebird to go with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

• Locked thread