Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

I Love Annie May posted:

God what a bunch of pussies in this thread. First you can't post Undertale, and now you can't post images of black people. Really, liberal goons are the real racists.
The great thing about the internet is when it's hard to tell whether someone is being deliberately obtuse for the purpose of sarcasm, or just incredibly stupid. (Except in this case, context indicates that "sarcasm" is probably the correct answer. This time. Maybe.)

Raptor1033 posted:

How is that drat chocobo still so fat with how long we run it into the ground for?
Fat Chocobo is a special case... It shows up in a few games, and it basically just sits around being huge. In FF7 when you use the "choco/mog" materia you usually get a moogle+chocobo that headbutt the enemy for damage+stun, but sometimes Fat Choco drops out of the sky for a flying butt-stomp. Shown here:

There was also a spinoff roguelike where you actually play as a chocobo and run around in a dungeon kicking things to death. Most fanart is of the white mage (who has a name I'll never remember)

And there was also a Chocobo Racing standalone game on PS1 (which I never played). Squenix has done quite a few spinoff games over the years to cash in on old intellectual property, like Crystal Defenders (pretty much a standard tower defense game, using generic job classes as units) and a bunch of random phone games, but if there's one character whose traits would lend themselves well to its own game would be Relm from FF3/6, whose gimmick/ability is "alters reality for fun, by drawing pictures" and with her being a kid and easily bored and having a vaguely-defined superpower based on creativity, nothing would be too nonsensical. Including fanart/crossovers.

But in-game she is kinda useless and otherwise forgettable when compared to everyone actually involved in the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Came to mind

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

if you like this, you must also accept shrek and the new teenage mutant ninja turtles

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

the following link is weird fan art art & is image heavy, especially since i had to post a long-ish tumblr comic frame by frame - hopefully it stays in the right order :ohdear:

https://imgur.com/a/WojKs

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016
Speaking of hyperrealism, it is a plague on modern design. Here are examples of bad hyperrealistic DBZ art. Look for these things:

1. Grotesque muscular detail
2. Very detailed lips
3. Unnecessary, cluttered wrinkles
4. Loss of character and appeal of design
5. Looks like Gollum or an Orc from Lord of the Rings

End of Shoelace has a new favorite as of 23:56 on Oct 11, 2017

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016
I will also give you three examples of well done hyperrealistic DBZ art.

Hyperrealism means that things can look BETTER than real. It is an artform which reinterprets things from life exactly one-to-one; the concept gets confused when something that is not real is introduced.

End of Shoelace has a new favorite as of 23:59 on Oct 11, 2017

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

someone edited the anime panels into this, but this one is the original which makes that other one more bizarre

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Besesoth posted:

I'm inordinately pleased to see Karnov and Mappy in there.

have you seen the mappy cartoon? it's...so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBCP_dFhp-k

Light Gun Man has a new favorite as of 02:14 on Oct 12, 2017

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I kinda missed out on the whole Captain Invictus Bad Post. People do dumb things, and I've seen people go on longer derails trying to justify themselves than apologize like he did, so that's at least worth some dumb something on these dumb internets. It was in bad taste, which is one of the few things that this thread has agreed on in years.

So, in memoriam, my own Undertale shitposting.

Collector's Edition finally shipped! It comes with an artbook! (Skeleton not included)

And a 2-disc soundtrack that comes with musical notation for a handful of songs. Surprisingly, a lot of the music was stuff he made for past projects that never got released, so he tossed it in there. It also came with a musical locket that plays an off-key theme!

All in all, it's a lot of neat stuff! Now for Fighting Game Fanarts:

The greatest MUGEN Character (That's not Rare Akuma)!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBgx66pNsms

Some regular fanarts:

And some bad fanarts:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

delicious in dungeon is great.

x

x

x *Snake grunt* "But how does it taste?"

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Lmao

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I did not know I needed this

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Symphogear is a cool anime.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Stealing this from the Awesome/Awful Mods thread.

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_ox67ujR5Cu1tib7ms_480.mp4#_=_

EDIT: Aaaaaand catching up on this thread, I see this was already posted. My bad. But it's still amazing.

Arc Hammer has a new favorite as of 04:57 on Oct 12, 2017

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

This is upscaled pixel art by Simon Andersen (the artist for Owl Boy), here's the original:

Also one of a million lessons on why you should sign fan art you draw :ssh:

Bonus pixels:

by Thu

by Erek-Art (judging by the watermark in the corner, ha)

by PuppiesAndAnime

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Butch Hartman getting in on the Rick & Morty sauce fad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcDuLPQjNBk

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Eela6 posted:

Symphogear is a cool anime.

It seems to be about skimpily dressed cartoon children.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Well then there's no way it would have a following in PYF

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Thanks, pals. :tipshat:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

It seems to be about skimpily dressed cartoon children.

Indeed. Cartoon children should cover up, and what better way is there to cover up than to GET IN A loving TANK?!

1 1
2 2
3 3
4 4
5 5
6 6
7 7
8 8
9 9
10 10

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CommissarMega posted:

Indeed. Cartoon children should cover up, and what better way is there to cover up than to GET IN A loving TANK?!

1 1
2 2
3 3
4 4
5 5
6 6
7 7
8 8
9 9
10 10

Using children as combatants is against many international laws. As always, anime is extremely bad.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

In that series, the girls drive their tanks as a sport, so it's fine.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Paladinus posted:

Using children as combatants is against many international laws. As always, anime is extremely bad.

That's a CV-33 that weighs at least 2.7 tonnes, thereby proving those girls are Kryptonian and are thus Earth law does not apply to them.

Also, check your human privilege, you literally racist monster :colbert:
I'm not serious, sorry if I offended you.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
girls und panzer is good

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
What is it with anime and tank girls?

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

TopHatGenius posted:

Military otakus are literally subhuman

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this rules

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Is it time for content? I think it's time for content:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

TopHatGenius posted:

People figured out that no matter what your favorite thing is, you can sell it if you add lesbians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

My gif to you.

https://i.imgur.com/4q6Pdmb.mp4

• Locked thread