Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Danger Mahoney posted:

Jesus, just make something new. Not everything needs to be gritty rebooted and crammed with internet culture.

But then no one would read it because it doesn't have brand recognition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

HGH posted:

I swear I recognize these names from somewhere.
Bleach. The last one is from Bleach.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Supernatural and Harrypotter fans definitely do the insane bullshit. There's an entire thing on the internet revolving around people fantasizing about super natural characters with dog dicks loving eachother pregnant up the rear end. It has nothing to do with the show at that point.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

I just have a problem with sexualizing kids cartoons that do not have any romantic tones, or anything to deal with relationships.

Transformers fans are really weird about this. And it's like, always starscream and megatron. They're giant robots! They don't gently caress!

EDIT: As an aside, one of the newer cartoons has a transformer who's basically a gay stereotype who even hits on Optimus prime and he's a fan favorite to pair up with every other transformer.

Nuebot has a new favorite as of 05:43 on Feb 6, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Pick posted:

That would be from either "plug and play" or "sticky" categories. The third category is "spark sex" and I assume involves no cum, or at least none of the example images had cum.

There isn't a :psyboom: that explodes into :negative: to express how I feel. The smilies are failing me. And you said this was a panel, right? With a power point? It has to be archived somewhere.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

Darth Maul is literally just a boss fight.

And yet he had a million toys, comics and a bunch of cartoon episodes dedicated to him, or him with robot legs.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Das Boo posted:

The new cartoon for children is the funny and popular one.

My niece loves it and she seems to have pretty good taste in cartoons meant for literal children. :shrug:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Someone's going to do a complete duwang sub of part four when it releases and I can't wait.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Same poo poo different box.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

rodbeard posted:

I'm pretty sure the games creator's tangential relationship with homestuck was the only reason that lovely demo he released generated enough buzz for him to make the game to begin with

He also has ties to the earthbound fangame community so that's not the only source of nerds. Undertale is pretty much heaping piles of homestuck and earthbound though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dreddout posted:

IIRC Muffet was a fan character.

There were like three kickstarter rewards to design characters. Two people used them to design really cool and memorable bosses. One guy got his fursona put in. The fursona was hidden.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

loving Ananas. I could have sworn Telefrancais was some kind of weird group hallucination shared by my childhood friends. The singing skeletons were the best part of that.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Pomp posted:

EYE is like Deadly Premonition in that it's something you 100% have to experience in your life and everyone should play it, but also in that it's loving garbage.

Fun, memorable garbage though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Small Frozen Thing posted:

honestly all the pictures of undyne with big boobs bug me much more than the toriel stuff, because large breasts have been a motherhood symbol since the early paleolithic

edit: im not sure if this post came out right or what, sorry for ambien posting (lol as if anyone could tell)

Well she's a fish. Fish don't have tits for one.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Spudd posted:

After awhile you get sick of hearing about it, it's a pretty a common thing. It's more or less no matter where I went I would either hear or read about it multiple times a day and it is still happening right now.

Well it's like the old joke of first moving out and eating nothing but junk food or pizza every day because you're totally an adult and can make your own choices. Then you get sick and decide to never eat pizza or whatever again for a while. Because too much of something makes you sick and tired of that thing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Screaming Idiot posted:

I used to be partial to the Megaman games, before the fanbase turned into pizza-lovers.
Wait, what happened to the megaman fans? I thought everyone was like me and just kind of stopped giving a poo poo when capcom did.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tarkus never made it to Anor Londo!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

frajaq posted:

why didn't he just get resurrected at the bonfire

There's probably some lore reason for NPCs not respawning. Some do, there's one guy who invades you like three times and you murder him each time and then you find his corpse.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ShadowMar posted:

i have to wonder if gwyn's kids treated nito and seath like their weird skeleton and dragon uncles

Seath was definitely the weird uncle considering priscilla.

Nito was totally the cool one.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Thanks, assholes, for reminding me that the world has been without Tony Jay for a decade this year :smith:

Also that ReBoot will never get a proper conclusion.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

There should be more Abyss Watchers fanart that portrays them as the idiots they actually are.
The way the game describes them, they basically sound like every teenager going through that edgy dark phase ever. They want to feel unique and special so they start dress weird, find some friends who dress the same way and start their own little clique because no one understands them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

BUT CELDA!

The zelda cycle is a weird one. People hated Majora's Mask when it came out. Hail it as the best game now. Loved Twilight Princess when it came out. Hate it now. Hated Wind Waker, love it now. Though I don't think anything came between skyward sword that people loved for everyone to turn around on.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

shut up and give her something pretty to wear.

I always just gave her the hollow soldier armor :effort: the first playthrough I came back to majula one day and was like "why the gently caress is a hollow in majula, that's not right" and smashed her with a hammer before remembering she wasn't a hollow.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Hihohe posted:

But... Starfox just got a game.

I'm guessing that was drawn back during the PS2/Xbox generation because kratos hasn't had a game since the PS3 as far as I know.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Rama of Ra posted:

Sonic Advennture 3 storyboards lookin tight

I'm scared.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh please, an invisible crow getting personified and sexified is practically tame. Do you even read this thread?

The part that weirds me out is how they've all just decided on a singular look for the invisible crow. I don't think I've seen much poo poo posted anywhere else where they drew her looking differing than the stuff posted in this topic.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ramos posted:

It's gay.

A big muscular man meets up with a nearly nude equally muscular "pillar man" and drops his balls all over his face before being presented with a wedding ring.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Forti posted:

You're right even when the art is good it feels lazy :v:
To be fair it is a really lazy plot twist. "And then we'll take this good guy and make him Eeevil! Aside from having been done a hundred times over, this specific set up is going to be hell to actually explain in a way that isn't completely stupid and chances are it's just going to wind up being X villain got Y cosmic power and did it which is very lazy and stupid.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

That artist's inability or unwillingness to draw more than one head/face for anything human is weird.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Mikedawson posted:

I'm not. IIRC it used to be pretty popular with the deviantart crowd in the late 00's.

They sold the poo poo out of it in Hot Topic for a brief while I think. I saw kids with the characters on pins and stuff all over the place.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Have some crossover

First the good

I like both those things.

I couldn't even recognize what the pony thing was trying to be though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Is Yu-Gi-Oh as dumb as I think it is?

The main character has a super duper mystical super power bestowed upon him by an ancient pharoh living in his head.

His super power is cheating. That's it, he just straight up cheats like an rear end in a top hat and kills other people who are less good at cheating at card games. Actual murder over card games.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I'm never going to play Overwatch, but I love every piece of fanart involving this strange Dorito child and her many moms.

I have this same opinion.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dr_Amazing posted:

I absolutely love terrible books based on videogames. The best were the Doom novels. A four book series where the first two roughly line up with the story of the Doom 1 and 2. Then it just has 2 more books that go completely off the rails. There was also a 2 book series based on the 90s Shadow Warrior, which had way too much graphic sexual content considering the average reader was probably like 10 years old.

The Resident Evil novels were just kind of bad. They were written by someone with a crazy fixation on Rebecca Chambers though so they wrote an entire fanfiction novel about her that had her fighting a zombie T-rex. Also the Warcraft novels range from hilariously bad to re-writing the entire story of the first games.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, Pikachu cosplay is turning into a thing now since it's their mascot and they had that one girl Pikachu that had a different costumes gimmick like Rock Star or Lucha Pikachu.

Lucha Pikachu was an especially weird one because they already have a lucha pokemon.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

Don't forget the overabundance of tattoos and piercings.

So at what point does it stop being fanart then? Like if you're drawing something about Goku except he's a lawyer and also a cat-man and jesus, is it even Goku anymore?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dr Christmas posted:

Sorry about veering off topic, but what's happening to Mighty No. 9 that made everyone turn against it? I knew there was a kickstarted for a Mega-Man-Essie game hat got a ton of backing (So I assumed, incorrectly apparently, it was made by a respected developer). I never paid any attention, but saw some art and screen shots confirming that yep, it's a game. The there was a trailer that prompted a bunch of anti-fan art and tumblr posts, and then it got mixed reviews. I watched a random YouTube video of gameplay and nothing good or bad stood out to me. So what's the deal?

They got millions of dollars and dropped out a game that looks like someone's first game designer project on the PS2 or something. Like a quarter of the people are struggling just to get it running, a lot of the kickstarter bonuses and codes and poo poo just aren't working and the lead designer is quoted as saying "It's better than nothing".

The whole time the game was being developed, rather than paying attention to the bad screenshots and trailers, people were too busy being very angry that the hired a woman. A woman who wasn't even a megaman fan! And a bizarre amount of people blame her for the game being poo poo.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

DicktheCat posted:

It was secretly created by Capcom because they like twisting the knife.

...or so I like to pretend. It helps. Not much. But a little.

Honestly now would be a genuinely good time to announce Megaman Legends 3.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I like that it's labeled chisps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not really close to Hetalia's weirdness, like the Russian team drives Russian tanks and are good in the snow that's about it. G Gundam is weirder about national stereotypes.

But who doesn't love the Tequila Gundam, the gundam that wears a sombrero!

• Locked thread