Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.

ElGroucho posted:

loving this

I don't want bath tub water warm coffee because you old ginger fingered fucks don't know how to hold coffee

I need that poo poo to still be hot when I get to work

Yes, instead of buying your lovely coffee nearer your work like a reasonable person, you should just complain that the place where you buy your lovely coffee should make their lovely coffee hotter.

M'latte indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Sidestep the entire issue and buy iced coffee. Iced black coffee owns.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

BlackIronHeart posted:

That was a 25 point turn.

Unless my count is off, you're 100% correct.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Lol if you don't have a personal barista to make your coffee then blow on it for you so it's a perfect 169 degrees.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

veedubfreak posted:

Lol if you don't have a personal barista to make your coffee then blow on it for you so it's a perfect 169 degrees.

What's his name?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Don't drink coffee, you drug addicts.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky

ElGroucho posted:

loving this

I don't want bath tub water warm coffee because you old ginger fingered fucks don't know how to hold coffee

I know IQs drop like a stone for some reason whenever this case is being discussed but surely you must recognise there's a substantial temperature gap between "still hot when I get to work" and "hot enough to cause life threatening burns".

Seriously, lots of people just seem straight up incapable of actually recognising the facts of what happened in relation to this case. They would rather spend the time talking about utter irrelevancies about how coffee has to be hot, which no one has seriously questioned, or how they can assure us all that they know how to hold a cup of coffee properly.

Are you all seriously trying to tell us that you've never spilt something and never will?

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Mich. woman who shot at fleeing shoplifters is charged with reckless use of a handgun

BerkerkLurk
Jul 22, 2001

I could never sleep my way to the top 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up

buttcoinbrony posted:

Sidestep the entire issue and buy iced coffee. Iced black coffee owns.
The only problem is it gets warm when I get to work, so I've been haranguing Starbucks to put dry ice in it.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I prefer all my beverages at room temperature.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

OrthoTrot posted:

I know IQs drop like a stone for some reason whenever this case is being discussed but surely you must recognise there's a substantial temperature gap between "still hot when I get to work" and "hot enough to cause life threatening burns".

Seriously, lots of people just seem straight up incapable of actually recognising the facts of what happened in relation to this case. They would rather spend the time talking about utter irrelevancies about how coffee has to be hot, which no one has seriously questioned, or how they can assure us all that they know how to hold a cup of coffee properly.

Are you all seriously trying to tell us that you've never spilt something and never will?

Don't take the bait child. He's really not worth the trouble.

This is richer than it looks because while she wasn't an employee anyone who has ever worked for a big retail chain of any kind knows that they discourage prosecuting shoplifters out of fear of these exact kinds of situations. So either she really was trying to protect the integrity and honor of a national corporate chain that couldn't give two fucks less about whatever was stolen, or she watched the first 95% of Dirty Harry one too many times.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ElGroucho posted:

loving this

if you want steamy piss water when you get to work you can bend over and spray your piss all over your mouth and face, and then if you decide thats not kinky and hard core enough for you and you want to move up to good ol no. 2, you can print out your post history and smear that all over your face at the same time. namaste.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ElGroucho posted:

loving this

LOL you like burnt garbage acidic coffee that eats a hole in your gut.

93C is what it should be.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Get an insulated cup, any place good enough that you should be buying coffee at it will happily put your coffee in it for you.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
If your ten mile commute is taking an hour wouldn't you just cycle in?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Please STFU about coffee, god drat.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

monkeytennis posted:

Unironic answer-- a lot of US roads are not easy to bike, and there are conceivable circumstances where the cargo necessary to transport to/from a job site is not practical for a bicycle.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Coffee is meant to be brewed at ~200 degrees F. Most coffee is served at higher temperatures than Mcdonald's coffe, and the Specialty Coffee Association recommends improving the "packaging" rather than lowering the temperature. Mcdonalds did not change the temperature of their coffee. Lawsuits for coffee being too hot and causing burns still happen, and the vast majority of those cases are thrown out by judges before they get to a jury.

Basically it was one high profile fluke case that got awarded damages by a jury(but was in appeals when they settled out of court for less than the awarded amount). The only reason for the awarded damages was they thought there should have been more of a warning rather than the coffee being too hot.

She spilled it by squeezing it between her legs and opening the lid to add creamer/sugar.

ratbert90 posted:

93C is what it should be.

Mcdonalds coffee is not hotter than 90C when it's served.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Imagined posted:

Please STFU about coffee, god drat.

I could watch this all day. That look on his face as his brain is sending the message "YOU'RE STILL MOVING! YOUR EYES ARE LYING!"

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

monkeytennis posted:

Exactly.

Lol if you can't commute to work quickly and/or don't have extensive bike paths or safe routes to commercial areas. Just lol.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
What the heck was in that grill?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Strudel Man posted:

McDonald's coffee, apparently

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Jastiger posted:

Exactly.

Lol if you can't commute to work quickly and/or don't have extensive bike paths or safe routes to commercial areas. Just lol.

lol also if you have weather where you live.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

Lol, Just Lol if you don't live in a friction less void.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

Or children!!! Like some sort of rear end in a top hat!

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Strudel Man posted:

No idea what this one is but there are videos of people trying to use liquid oxygen as a charcoal starter. Doesn't always work out so good.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
You wear a coat, duh.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Stop posting coffee/commute bullshit

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Strudel Man posted:

Probably coffee

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

blunt for century posted:

Dang looks like his frustration has come to a tea, we better ice our posting.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Apogee15 has a new favorite as of 19:55 on Oct 15, 2015

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

ElGroucho posted:

Or children!!! Like some sort of rear end in a top hat!

What's your point?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Ozz81 posted:

Still doesn't make it any less of a dick move to sue someone for (a) being a kid and (b) causing an accident. That she didn't say anything about it and waited until after the kid's mom died makes her an even bigger piece of poo poo, she easily could have said something sooner.

Jesus. The above posters couldn't have been clearer that she didn't sue someone for being a kid and causing an accident.

http://www.newyorkpersonalinjuryattorneyblog.com/2015/10/about-that-aunt-suing-an-8-year-old.html

quote:

“From the start, this was a case was about one thing: getting medical bills paid by homeowner’s insurance. Our client was never looking for money from her nephew or his family. It was about the insurance industry and being forced to sue to get medical bills paid. She suffered a horrific injury. She had two surgeries and is potentially facing a third. Prior to the trial, the insurance company offered her one dollar. Unfortunately, due to Connecticut law, the homeowner’s insurance company could not be identified as the defendant.”

It's like relatives involves in a car crash bringing suit against each other. They don't hate each other, they're not trying to get money from each other, they're not going after each other's personal assets, but that's who they have to name in the suit.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

Don't take the bait child. He's really not worth the trouble.

This is richer than it looks because while she wasn't an employee anyone who has ever worked for a big retail chain of any kind knows that they discourage prosecuting shoplifters out of fear of these exact kinds of situations. So either she really was trying to protect the integrity and honor of a national corporate chain that couldn't give two fucks less about whatever was stolen, or she watched the first 95% of Dirty Harry one too many times.

Plus she was shooting to disable the car. Which she did by flattening a tire, but what the hell? Bravo on Auburn Hills for calling the police to charge this idiot.

Now this is classic. The fall at the end makes it even better.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

What the gently caress was this person trying to do? You don't loving play around with power lines, what the gently caress. That is a great way to die in agony.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm very tempted to say "heat up his coffee."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnIe4mm6CTg

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Phanatic posted:

Jesus. The above posters couldn't have been clearer that she didn't sue someone for being a kid and causing an accident.

http://www.newyorkpersonalinjuryattorneyblog.com/2015/10/about-that-aunt-suing-an-8-year-old.html

It's like relatives involves in a car crash bringing suit against each other. They don't hate each other, they're not trying to get money from each other, they're not going after each other's personal assets, but that's who they have to name in the suit.

I think the issue is mostly that you have to bring lawyers into a situation where your insurance should cover the issue. Lawyers and politicians both have a special place in hell.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

blunt for century posted:

That's a latte frustration there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Jastiger posted:

What's his name?

Lol if it's not Juan Valdez. Enrique ain't got poo poo on him.

• Locked thread