Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Rolo posted:

Because I have it real bad, I am going to recommend and reiterate never GIS'ing 'trypophobia'.

Last week I went to a bar and the waitress had a big leopard skin tattoo over her cleavage. I had to leave cause it made me feel that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Say Nothing posted:

I initially thought it was mercury thiocyanate.

Christ what an rear end in a top hat.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Grem posted:

Last week I went to a bar and the waitress had a big leopard skin tattoo over her cleavage. I had to leave cause it made me feel that poo poo.

You could just stop looking at her cleavage.

Nah, I'm kidding

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Say Nothing posted:

Why is this unnerving?
THOSE ARE LEGOS!

Can you imagine how bad that would've hurt if wrestling was real?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh dope posted:

Other than the ring having a little give, there's not a whole lot of ways to fake a powerbomb.

Falling on legos probably hurt like a bitch.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

whiteyfats posted:

Other than the ring having a little give, there's not a whole lot of ways to fake a powerbomb.

Falling on legos probably hurt like a bitch.

It would hurt. if it was real

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Um, you are aware poo poo isn't totally painless, even in fake rear end pro wrasslin', right?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Those wrestlers don't even exist. They're actually like 6 raccoons standing on top of each others shoulders in a flesh colored overcoat.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

whiteyfats posted:

Um, you are aware poo poo isn't totally painless, even in fake rear end pro wrasslin', right?

You're better than this.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RCarr posted:

You're better than this.

I'm obviously not. :colbert:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

whiteyfats posted:

I think you're missing the point. It's fake so it doesn't hurt.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

whiteyfats posted:

*woosh*

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

no one is denying it isn't painful, but the pain is fake.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I am the fool. :smithicide:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

oh dope posted:

There are wrestling leagues where matches are loosely scripted and choreographed, this reduces the number of injuries wrestlers get but it also rigs the match. Other leagues don't have a script or choreography. Those ones can have more types of stunts and do have more injuries. The unscripted stuff is also less popular for some reason. I suspect that the clip is from an unscripted match but IANAE.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Most of the things in this thread don't really bother me, but this image made me recoil in horror.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Mad Hamish posted:

Most of the things in this thread don't really bother me, but this image made me recoil in horror.

I could actually feel my face shifting into "full on tragedy mask", upon seeing this.

Whoever decided this was a good idea is mental.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'm so over the whole "Lego are the worst things to step/land on pain wise" internet idea. Like, in the case of that wrestling thing, I'm far more impressed when the more standard thumbtacks come out, but people treat that match like it's much worse.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Choco1980 posted:

I'm so over the whole "Lego are the worst things to step/land on pain wise" internet idea. Like, in the case of that wrestling thing, I'm far more impressed when the more standard thumbtacks come out, but people treat that match like it's much worse.

They should be using a plywood sheet in the middle with 8d nails hammered up through it. Maybe toss in some small, rusted plumbing fixtures around too.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

They should be using a plywood sheet in the middle with 8d nails hammered up through it. Maybe toss in some small, rusted plumbing fixtures around too.

I'm sure there's a EZW match with what your describing!

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Choco1980 posted:

Thumbtacks are used commonly for a reason. They don't actually hurt nearly as much as you think.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Thumbtacks are used commonly for a reason. They don't actually hurt nearly as much as you think.

They should just drop the other shoe and start stabbing each other with butcher knives in the ring. I mean, it's fake so no one will be convicted of murder or assault or anything.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

They should just drop the other shoe and start stabbing each other with butcher knives in the ring. I mean, it's fake so no one will be convicted of murder or assault or anything.

nah, New Jack tried that.

quote:

In October 2004, New Jack, wrestling for Thunder Wrestling Federation, was scheduled to fight fellow wrestler William Jason Lane. During the match, New Jack pulled out a metal blade from his camouflage wrestling attire, and stabbed Lane nine times; This action caused New Jack to receive various felony charges, including for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, and aggravated assault to commit murder.[6] New Jack claims that the two met prior to the match and agreed to use a "piece of metal" to inflict injury. Despite this, a police officer who was recording the incident stated that it looked like it went "past a routine wrestling match." The promoter of the event, Mr. Maurice Williams, claims the event was never intended to be hardcore. New Jack has claimed that he only stabbed Lane nine times.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Such a thin line between professional wrestling and snuff.

Don't they also conceal small razors to inflict surface level bleeding sometimes?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

quote:

In October 2004, New Jack, wrestling for Thunder Wrestling Federation, was scheduled to fight fellow wrestler William Jason Lane. During the match, New Jack pulled out a metal blade from his camouflage wrestling attire, and stabbed Lane nine times; This action caused New Jack to receive various felony charges, including for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, and aggravated assault to commit murder.[6] New Jack claims that the two met prior to the match and agreed to use a "piece of metal" to inflict injury. Despite this, a police officer who was recording the incident stated that it looked like it went "past a routine wrestling match." The promoter of the event, Mr. Maurice Williams, claims the event was never intended to be hardcore. New Jack has claimed that he only stabbed Lane nine times.

Well, I'm glad they can at least agree on something.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Such a thin line between professional wrestling and snuff.

Don't they also conceal small razors to inflict surface level bleeding sometimes?

Not at the pro level anymore. Blading is a fine-worthy offence, leading guys in big matches to go for "juice" "hard-way." It's dumb.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps0NJ2Sq8D4

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Not at the pro level anymore. Blading is a fine-worthy offence, leading guys in big matches to go for "juice" "hard-way." It's dumb.

It has some really ugly results too. Do a GIS on blading scars.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

It has some really ugly results too. Do a GIS on blading scars.

Check out Abdullah the Butchers head, it's gross.

I only bladed once when I was wrestling and it's sketchy as hell. Your trying to covertly slice a line on your forehead while other people in the ring fart around.

One trick they don't tell you about blading is to make it good you take about 5 aspirin and drink a ton of water. The blood just streams out of you.

Edit: the blade is taped to your wrist tape too. So before your spot where you blade you are wrestling with a razor just hanging out on your wrist. Some folks put it in their trunks.

We also got NO training on how to do it properly. The vets were all "just pull the blade out, stick it in your head and go from side to side"

Beer_Suitcase has a new favorite as of 21:10 on Dec 17, 2016

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012

What the actual gently caress is wrong with these people? What part of your mind has to be so irreversibly screwed that you just lose all sense of self preservation? This is the first thing in this thread I've seen that actually makes me uncomfortable.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Blading sounds like a grand way to contract HIV from the other sweaty, bearded, steroid-needle slamming men who work in wrestling.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Rough Lobster posted:

Blading sounds like a grand way to contract HIV from the other sweaty, bearded, steroid-needle slamming men who work in wrestling.

Staph infections are far more common. Not necessarily from blading, but from grabbing sweaty, bearded, steroid-needle slamming men who work in wrestling in general.

A TURGID FATSO has a new favorite as of 16:56 on Dec 18, 2016

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

Why is this unnerving?
THOSE ARE LEGOS!

Did he survive?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Staph infections are far more common. Not necessarily from blading, but from grabbing sweaty, bearded, steroid-needle slamming men who work in wrestling in general.

If anything it would be from dirty mats.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Did he survive?

He doesn't really exist.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

If anything it would be from dirty mats.

It's this! I developed a gross rash from our mat we trained on because the giant 20x20 canvas was never washed and had generations of gross wrassle man sweat and spit and blood ground into it.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Tex Avery posted:

What the actual gently caress is wrong with these people? What part of your mind has to be so irreversibly screwed that you just lose all sense of self preservation? This is the first thing in this thread I've seen that actually makes me uncomfortable.

They get paid

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Dreddout posted:

They get paid

Those dudes are getting like a hundred dollars, a six pack and one meal at a diner at most.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Those man are warrior poets that have realized that self-destruction is the only true path to enlightenment. They will reach heaven by violence and make their own body a blood sacrifice to God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Beer_Suitcase posted:

It's this! I developed a gross rash from our mat we trained on because the giant 20x20 canvas was never washed and had generations of gross wrassle man sweat and spit and blood ground into it.

Pretty much this. Let me tell you about ringworms....