Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

i'm your avatar watching this video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

That doesn't look like the famous Pogo the Clown face paint but who knows. Apparently John Wayne Gacy had, for clowns, very weird face paint in that it had very sharp angles and points when it should actually be round shapes.

Clowns have a lot of clown rules and it's weird.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

Why is this unnerving?
THOSE ARE LEGOS!

Can you imagine how bad that would've hurt if wrestling was real?

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Spuckuk posted:

It was real as hell

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Transit_incident_(professional_wrestling)

Anyone with half a brain is terrified of New Jack, but to insist that he blade you during a match is an unheard of level of insanity.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

cross posting here

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

I know of a bridge in Minnesota that gets shut down every once in a while because of mayflies. They're attracted to the lights and will cover the entire structure, and after enough traffic the driving surface will become dangerously slick with mayfly corpses.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

I've always loved this picture. As a child I would spend a lot of time in the occult section the library (before the internet! :corsair:) perusing books on ghosts, cramming my brain with images that would keep me awake at night. I don't believe in ghosts anymore, and it's obvious someone just walked up the stairs during a long exposure, but something about this picture still makes my skin crawl, even though I find it beautiful. The way the arm is invisible and way too long, the black emptiness under the translucent hood, the bent posture, the Escher-esque angle of the staircase, it's all wonderful. It reminds me a lot of a Beksinski pencil drawn piece. I wish I could find a huge print of it to frame and hang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJWksPWDKOc

This is a very long video that uses experimental music to stimulate the descent into dementia. The music represents memories, and how they become utterly, irreparably tangled and confused as the mind loses it's grasp on reality. Maybe it's just me, but I find that idea terrifying. If you want the full effect, start from the beginning. Stage 4, a little over 2 hours in, is where it really gets hosed up.