Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BrigadierSensible posted:

But parrots don't have metal spikes coming out of their faces, starfish embedded in their skulls, triceratops horns, or beards either. This man is working from misleading data.

Yeah, but maybe parrots want all those things. They just have very limited tool use and no means of paying artists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Shayu posted:

WOAH!!!! :aaa: I would never feel the itch on my back if I could grow such nails, I would forever feel the pleasure of scraping my back without purchasing artificial hand to do it.

Sadly, you would be completely unable to post about it. Too high a price to pay, IMO. :justpost:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Aesop Poprock posted:

Is there a way to use it without it ending up disgusting? Like is there a community that fine-tunes synthol injections and the results are almost acceptable? I just can't imagine how it became a thing if everyone just ends up looking like they have water balloon tumors under their skin

I imagine if you were already pretty buff and used just a tiny bit to enhance your natural curves you might get away with it and nobody would realize you were using it at all.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That's a penis.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Wedemeyer posted:

"something crawling on the walls of the houses on Samara"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzg7Lo5zZM8

Such is life.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cosima posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1wz_gotmo8

This one is creepier if you skip to 1:20

"I was really starting to bond with her" :stare:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RandomFerret posted:

The stories themselves aren't scary in the slightest, half of them end on grandpa puns, but the illustrations were amazing.

So obviously they've been reissued with those taken out.

They didn't just take them out, they replaced them with more appropriate imagery. Oh man, look what they've done.

This means your lovely nephew is going to read the new version and think everyone from the last 30 years were huge pussies for being afraid of pictures like these.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Choco1980 posted:

I would like for someone to set up an interview with the new artist, and then the two of them just stare in silence for several, uncomfortable minutes, until finally, exasperated, the interviewer says "What the poo poo man?!"

Eh, it's not the artist's fault, he did what he was paid to do. Obviously the publisher wanted something more in line with the standards for kid's media. Spooky, but not too spooky. The new art is competently drawn and has Scooby Doo levels of spookiness, which is exactly what he was paid to produce.

The publisher's decision to genericize the book after 30 years is odd. That's the guy who needs a talking too.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Wild T posted:

Yes. My family had the same book when I was a kid and I used to read it all the time. Looking back a whoooooole lot of it was bullshit but it was still fun to read.

Those books are basically the old time version of browsing sites like wikipedia, snopes, and tv tropes. Just a big collection of loosely connected brain candy.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

7c Nickel posted:

It's also too bad that he discovered photoshop right before he died so his last works are stuff like this.

Not really up to the caliber of his traditional media.

What if this is what he wanted to be making the whole time? He just messed about with paint and stuff while waiting for the technology to catch up with his vision.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Someone finally found a way to combat manspreading.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Crow Jane posted:

I've only seen the first one, and while it was pretty good, it's worth noting that they're almost entirely shot with hand-held cameras. While that obviously makes sense for the premise, if you have issues with motion sickness like I do you'll spend about a third to half of the movie with your head between your knees, trying not to puke. I love horror, but found footage is mostly a no-go for me, which drastically cuts down what I can watch :smith:

Greetings fellow motion sickness sufferer! The entire genre of FPS games is lost to me. What I find often helps with stupid shaky-cam movies is to keep your peripheral vision active. Don't watch in the dark. Don't sit too close or watch on a huge screen. Pay attention to the physical edges of the screen. In the worst cases it really helps to shrink the viewing window, so more of the screen isn't shaking, though with especially murky horror movies a smaller window can make it hard to tell what is going on at all. You need to reassure your dumb brain that the whole world isn't moving, you are just looking at an object that is moving.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

So basically we've all eaten fruit fly sperm. Probably inhaled some too. Good to know.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Aww, it is an adorable baby sarlacc.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

FreudianSlippers posted:

Tigers have learned the hard way that humans are scary but know that if a human isn't looking at you than you can kill them easily.

Tigers are just very big cats and like cats they are simultaneously very smart and very dumb.

What if like other cats they are just terrified of masks? There are a bunch of videos of cats freaking out over someone they know wearing a mask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8_XgTDmkXE
If you were a cat you would think this fits in the Creepy Images Thread.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lurking Haro posted:

Maybe that person just got a leg cast removed and prioritized going to that shop over getting rid of weeks of old skin?
I at least hope that's the case.

No, I'm pretty sure it's a chupacabra. In sandals.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tomero_the_Great posted:

Except the actual bear was Canadian and they say gasoline.

Come on, at least post the heritage minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlA6oEs3C18

*Checks thread title* Um, that Christopher Robin is reasonably creepy looking. Is he wearing a wig? What's going on with those teeth? Wait, is his dead Death?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Note: This animal is not injured. That's just how antlers grow.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

I don't know what this is but I hate it.

The perfect snack to take camping.

Don't forget to bring good shoes for those long hikes.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Aren't those the shoes they used on The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit to embiggen Hobbit feet?

Probably photoshopped. The movie props wouldn't have had big visible straps like that.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I'm sorry but what the loving hell is happening here? Are these people's heads snapping off like an eraser or what?
Can it happen to me?!

Yes. :unsmigghh:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That's a little on the nose. Try this. http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...=&authorName=MM

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Graedyn posted:

Not a creepy picture--or a single creepy picture--but since he was "born" here, I'll just leave this for your amusement.

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/the-slenderman-legend-everything-you-need-to-know/

In part...

"An internet phenomenon
The “Slenderman” has been an urban legend since it was born in June 2009. The creator: artist Eric Knudsen, going under the nom de plume Victor Surge, on an online forum called Something Awful."

Everything you NEED TO KNOW about Slenderman. LOL. I had to double check that I was on a real news site and not buzzfeed or something with that terrible factoid slideshow.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Double Bill posted:

Nah it's because as a ghost the only thing you can interact with is air, so if you flail really hard you can maybe push a pencil off a table or move curtains or an open door slightly.

Some ghosts can interfere with electricity, and even make phone calls and stuff. So basically you should leave your computer on when you go out or go to sleep, so bored ghosts can watch youtube videos to pass the time instead of knocking all your pencils onto the floor.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I hope this isn't too goony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys-3hh6Q688

Yeah, yeah, miracle of life. I kept waiting for the alien to burst out.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

flosofl posted:

It explains the color, and does have a high incidence in obese people, but I thought it only affects the texture (thick velvety feel) and color. That looks like poo poo is growing in there, like a fungus.

The lumps could just be skin tags. Lots of skin tags, but rubbing makes skin tags more likely to develop. She's obese enough that the chin fat is rubbing against the neck fat every time she turns her head. A deep fold like that is also likely to be moist and airless, therefore prone to infections, sores, itchiness that could make her more likely to rub at the irritated skin. Skin tags + acanthosis nigricans.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

This has been all over today. On facebook. On the weather network. I don't like it.

Blood Falls. :black101:

Too bad it wasn't named by a hippie, it could have been "Gaia's Menstrual Flow".

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Either that or the fish is infected with zombie virus. Nobody noticed the fish was a zombie, because it's a fish.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

whiteyfats posted:

That's a moray. :shrug:

What is when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

QUACKTASTIC posted:

I̦͈̲̙͔̣̱̫̠̰̘͉͇̹̬̳͉̤ͣ̑̀͛̔͗͋̎̋ͦ̓ͦ́͂̾ͣ̕͜͟I̵͍͍͔̺̗̱̱̥ͦ̋ͭ͊ͫ̾̅ͭ͟͜I̷̧͖̝͔̲͓͇͑͗̽̒ͦͨ̃̋̎̉ͦͨ̊̂̈́͆͞I̡̬͍͎͖̥̺̺͆ͤ̎ͦ̌̒͛̐ͅÎ̢͖͈̲̼̈̿̏ͦ̃́̏̏̽͠͡Ỉ̶̵̢̖̖͎̟̏̎̾ͭ̿͑̒ͩͪ̀͜͝I̴̶̥̠̙̭̺͉̲͎̪̲̪̺͚̬̣̗̝̟͆͐̅̋̃̍̈ͬͣ̓̇̏̿͂̚̚͜͠Iͩ̌͂̿ͧͦͥͤ̂ͬ̾ͦ͆̉̌ͤ̚͏̞͕̻̙̙̪̬͈͎̘͍̱͚̟͍͖͍̭͟I̸̻̥͇̭̜͔̣̖̠̫̲ͫͥ͆̔̑͂ͩ͒̋̉ͭ̍̈ͥ̿͒͆͛͡͞͠ͅĮ͉̣̘̼͕̯̩̰͕͇̝̼̣̃̊ͥͣ̏̈́̆̓͡Ì̴̡͕͎͍̖͇̝͕̱͖̤̙̜͎ͪ̓͛̅̀̕͡Ḭ͍͔̳̙͎̰̫̳̽͒͌̎́͑ͩͯ̃̃̒ͥ̍͘̕I̧ͫ͛̊̍ͧ̉͗ͮ̂ͯͤ͋҉̸̟̟̠̗͉͍̼̞͇͍̗̙̻̖̻̯̦̀͘Į̵̨̣̪̺̝̣͕̦̳̱͕̭̱͔̫͎̋̋ͥ͐ͨ̊ͦ͑ͩ̎̊͑ͬͫ̈́͑̑̈́I̔̇ͩ͋̂ͤ̾̊ͩ̅̎̉̉̐҉͈̪̣̥̘͖͙͍̺̀I̶̳̯̘͕̦̞͕̥̗̣̬͇̥͗̾ͦ̂̂I̷̩͉͖͙̠͕̠̝͔͖ͯ̈́̔͊ͣ̅͗̌͗̓ͥͯ̌̄͐̕ͅI̷͕̦̼͔̤̦̥̣̾͆͗̉̔̄̌͗̉̍ͮ̓̊͂͊̑͑̀͝͞ͅͅĪ̈ͨ̓ͫͮ̐͏̤̣͉̺̳̝͇̣̫̙͚͇̘̖͟͢͡Ĩ̸̧͔͚̦͈̥̲̙͍̮̣͇̼͈̩͇̠̔̓̓̒̄͒̉̚̚̚͜I̶̱̖̟̠̤̣͍͛̂̇̊̈́́̔̄ͬ͘̕͘I̷͈̞͓̘̞̘͇͔̘̭͎̗̭͖̘̬̩ͥ̾̌̍ͭ͗ͤ͘͟I͈͍̠̦̭̭̠͚̼͉̜ͮ̅͛ͣ́͜Iͧ̑͊ͧ̂͋͒ͮ̓̓̓̊͘҉̪̥̝̦̣̫̺̭͎̼̮̯̀Ĭ̴̷̜̱̻͎̟̼͈̼̜͉̲͖̫͓̲́̈́ͦͭ͡͡ͅI̽ͪ̎͒̈́́̚͏̘̹͚͇͖͘Ī̴̢̠̤̪̲͇̫̩̲͙̝̩̱̩̰̩̜̫̻ͧ͆̓͑̒̌ͯ̓̊̓͋̾̐̓̄͛̚̚͜͞͡ͅI̾̿́́̂ͩ̍͛ͫ̚͢͝͏͏̦̠͇̼͕̜͍͙̱̪̲̗͍͚̳̼I̧̪͕̜͍͓͚̞̜̞̜ͯ̈̓̋́͢͠Ĩ̷̴̵̧͖͖̗̭̗͚̗͖̘̮̤̲͈͎ͬ̋̓͑͑͜I̵͖̟̙̜̩̝͍͎̺͖̬̻̗̼ͭͮͦ̈̎͐̀̕͠͞I̛ͦ͒͋̄̐̉͊̈̋ͫ̈͡͏̺̘̫̰͈̙͚͉͔̙̫̹̹̲̭Į̊̽͗ͣ̓͌ͫ͆͆͐͋̂͏͓̼̬̕Ḯͭ̿͐ͣ̈͐̃̾͏̴̢̦̞̟͎̤͇̗̼̭͙̩̻̞̘̲͍͟͡I͖̻̪̼̦̟͔͙͔̮̲̠̐ͨ̋̔ͧ̓̄̏̊ͩ͑͐̀̀Į̵̧̦̩̣̻͙͈̩͎͔̞͈͔͕̹͇͓̱ͥͪ͋̌̽ͪ͐́̚͜I̶̧͉̼͉̳̣͕͔ͣ̐ͬ̓ͣ̐͘͝Į̵̥̙̟̞̗́͆̐ͦ͊̓̐̓ͫ͐̃̀ͤ͛̃̒̒̓I̡̞͖̤̹̩̹ͯ̑̍̍͆ͩ͂ͥ̏͛̄ͧ̓̄̾͊̀͜͜͡I̵̜̻̻̘̥̳̼̦͉̱̖̟͌̇̎͗ͩ̏͛̌̐̃Í̷̳͉̼̭̗̼͇͖͙̱̳̠̈̒͗͛ͤ͐ͧ̐͐̒̒ͥͩ͢͞ͅI̸̭̟͖̪̣͈̹̬̗̞̞͖͇̙͕͊ͭ͐̅̓̋ͮͫ̏̑͐̊̈́ͦ̚I̷̡̞̫̣̭̘͕͙̥̹̞̪͖͓̼͛͛̔ͮ̏̉̉͊͆̉ͫIͪ͆ͬ̂̉ͧ̋̑͋̃͌̔̎͂͢҉̧͟҉͈̳̩͇͕͚͖͇͖̖̘ͅI̵̧̨̬̰̙͈͙̩̣̻̘̠͛͑̑ͣ̀I̢̧̺̝̫̦̼̠̮̰ͪ͑̉̓ͣ̔̓̿̓̄͒̄̑̃I̸̷̻̯̣̗͔̜̱ͯ͒̊̃̅̓I͆̓̃ͧ̈ͬ̅̀ͨͦ͂̅̄͏̛̖̪͚̳̮̻͕̯͝I̧̛͕̺̣͉̭̰̗̩͙̺̻̗̘ͯ̏͌̔̿ͮ̐ͩ̅̓͞I̧̛̱̫͇͉̫͗̊ͣ͌̎̍ͥ͒ͭͤ͐͡ͅĬ̭̭̹̫̣̼͙͎̮̥̳̏ͬ̌̐ͫ͑͒͠I̵̵͗̑̓ͥ́͂ͥͧ͑̒͆͌̚͏̴͔̖͍̖͓̥̟̗̹̳̪̠̙͓̜̪̗Ḭ̫̠͇͇̎ͥ̔̈͆̾͌ͧ͗͆̀͜Ì̎ͥ͌͒ͭͭ̄͋̏͗̌͛̾҉̨̕҉̣̳͔͚̮͙̭̬̼̤̹̣̗͟ͅĮ̵̞̙̤̥̻͔̭̳̺͈̣̥͈͙̽͐̌̌ͫ̎̊̔̓͗̿̔̚͜͡͝I̛̛̦̭̱͈̪͖̜͔̗̰͍̬͇̟̹̺̔ͤ̓ͬ͛͛̔ͣͫ̋͑̍̒͆̚͘͞I̡̮̱͙̟̣̯͙͖̤ͪ̍̒ͨ͆͌̀ͩ̃ͯ́͝Ȉ̶̼̼͔̣͖̄̆ͣ̄͌͑͊ͣ͐̓̚͟͜͡Į͎͎͍̪̼̮͖̹̇ͨ̂̍ͯ̂͒ͥ̎̄ͥ̍̉͌́͝͡ͅÍ̶̴̬̙̭̲͉͔̜̯̟̪̲̳̣͑ͦͭ̓͆ͯ̐͂ͫ̔͑̂̕͡I̊̃̔̔̂̍̍̀͢͏͏͍͙͖̖̺̙I̶̘̟̩̯̱̪͕̪̯̭̫̋̊ͥͬ́͆̚͡͡ͅI̸̢̜̜͇͔̦̹̣̲̯͇̟̻̗͙͔̖̳͌͌̈́ͭͮ̓̆ͧ͋̔̔̐̇I̭͓̪̝̠̭̻̙̫̖̿̂͊̆̅̾̓̏ͬͦ͊̽͜͜͝Ï̷̴͇͇͙̻̩̀́ͥͭ͜͞I̶̡̫̹̜̙͓̜̩͚̹̞̖̬͚̤̠͙̾̎̅̎̓̽̋ͥ̎ͥ͑̌̌͋͑̾̀̚ͅͅI̶̡̭̘͚̤̠͈̗̣̥̖̅̃ͪ̏̇ͅÎ̽͊̍҉̡͉̜̺̙͕̱̹̟I̷͎̟̩͛̒̾ͫ̌͌̉̚ͅI̷̺̘̪̹͙͎̭̩͚͔̹͙͕͉͓̟̜̎ͪͯ̾̾̎͝Į̸̡̛̘̖̗͓̤̹͈͓̪̼͕̭͓̰̲̲̙͗͐͂ͥ͛ͬͤ̇̓͆̎͐ͥ̽̓͆̔̀̌͘ͅI͎̣̖̘̩͔͕͚̮ͫ̅ͦ̊́̓̅̔ͬ͞͡ͅI̷̸̡͙̘̼ͧ̂͒ͥ̽͆ͣ̍ͪ̀͛̌̉̾̚

Huh, this cosmic horror appears to have regular orthodontic care. You don't get teeth like that without brushing, flossing, braces and whitening treatments.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

This isn't funny, The Onion, this isn't funny at all. :stonk:

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/man-pulling-loose-hangnail-slowly-unravels-skin-en-56242

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I feel like there is a yo momma joke just out of reach here. "Yo momma so fat that when she gets up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night it leaves a 12m crater." No, that's not it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

oh dope posted:

cross posting here

What the literal everlasting gently caress is that?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Choco1980 posted:

well iirc, some tumors are teratomas, so yes they do form spontaneously at times. Like your cancer cells just decide "hey I think I'll grow some teeth in this lung. For fun."

Cancer is trying to grow its own people. Out of cancer. :stonk:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Double Bill posted:

What if I grew out of a teratoma... am I cancer

If you were made of cancer would you be immortal? No deterioration and old age for you. You just keep getting bigger and lumpier as the centuries pass.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Buff Skeleton posted:

Hah, true enough. Unless he suddenly quit his job :tinfoil:

I wonder how he got his cats to perform so well. I'm guessing fishing line for the "spook" jump, just like for the rocking of the chair, but the cat on the couch swatting at stuff is pretty impressive if he trained it to do that. He even rented a hearse! Dude is dedicated to the narrative.

It's a cat. :catstare: Just leave the security camera running and eventually the cat will do something weird. It might take a few days to get something good if his cats are especially lazy, but he's not on a schedule.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That catman isn't very flexible. I expect a man in a leotard to be bendier than that.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://i.imgur.com/M3ywS3d.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Planets are hella creepy. Just think of all the monsters that could be hiding in there!