Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nael
Sep 10, 2009

It's a lot less creepy after watching this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtJ5rVfHkCA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nael
Sep 10, 2009
Yeah, it’s from Xtro. I remember that gif floating around for ages. When the Xtro episode of BoTW came out years later, my immediate thought was, “oh poo poo that’s the movie that creepy gif is from”

nael
Sep 10, 2009

wyoming posted:

That video actually predates Marble Hornets.

There were a couple of sequels, but they ruin everything with time travel and alternate universes. The mysterious masked killer turns out to be one of the kids in the car from an alternate future, and it kind of ruins the weird disorienting and unexplained vibe of the first video.

nael has a new favorite as of 07:58 on May 6, 2018

nael
Sep 10, 2009

Shady Amish Terror posted:

'Lights Out' is pretty well-known, but is a well-made short. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUQhNGEu2KA

Lights Out was actually made into a feature film a couple of years ago. I never saw it, though, so I don't know if it's any good.

nael
Sep 10, 2009
Honestly, most horror movies would be more effective if they were cast with average looking people and not a bunch of people who look like actors.

nael
Sep 10, 2009
It’s night in Scotland during the day in America. Clearly we’re using different suns. How would he know if ours disappeared?

nael
Sep 10, 2009
As horrifying as that thing is to look at. I think the sound is what makes it so creepy. The idea of it mimicking your friend screaming for help as it eats you is the worst part.

nael
Sep 10, 2009
Yeah, they're definitely fused, but it seems like the thing is consciously using her voice as bait before it attacks. It's hard to tell how much of her consciousness is in there. It's definitely smart enough to use her vocal cords as a lure though. Apparently the movie is based on the first book in a trilogy. I'm really hoping there are sequels, but I think it was one of those movies that everyone who saw it liked, but barely anyone saw it.

nael
Sep 10, 2009

I subscribed to him forever ago and never saw any new videos. I figured he wasn't doing animation anymore, or was working professionally and had moved away from youtube. This was a pleasant surprise when it popped up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nael
Sep 10, 2009

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Speaking of more or less harmless horror bugs may I present to you the dobsonfly, otherwise know as the hellgrammite?

The babies are cute at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfFpDUqIumQ

nael has a new favorite as of 14:33 on Aug 4, 2019